“"Be very afraid"”

Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My boyfriend and I arrived at the Comfort Inn on East Elmhurst mid-afternoon with great aniticipation, being that it was our first trip to the "Big Apple" together. The front desk clerk was unpleasant and seemed sleep deprived. We settled into the room and it appeared decent at first sight. However two days after being there I looked in my backpack and discovered my sealed bag of sunflower seeds had been chewed up. I also noticed what appeared to be rodent droppings in the bag. Needless to say we were freaked out, after the discovery a number of things took place, but what overshadows the event of finding evidence of a rodent is the way we were treated afterwards. Members of the staff made inappropriate remarks and behaved as if we brought the rodent into their establishment. I would not recommend this hotel to a dead dog.

Room Tip: Beware the rooms already occupied by the rodents that live there. If you choose to stay at this poo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Octavia M
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Valuable Guest:

I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Anil Lala

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St

Reviewed 28 November 2011

My wife and I were stuck overnight on returning from a Canada/New England cruise due to the late 2011 October freak snow storm. We were able to book ourselves into the Comfort Inn near LaGuardia. The airport shuttle came in about 15 minutes. When we arrived we had been given a room on "C" level. This level is partially underground. The room was clean and the fixtures in the room and the bathroom plus the carpet all appeared to have been recently replaced. However, we were under the airport flight pattern (noisy). Also, while the room was recently renovated, the window which revealed that we were half underground had not be finished. The window coverings were nice but the insulation around the window had not been completely replaced. The air came in freely around the window so we stuffed the cracks with paper and wash cloths. We asked for a different room but were told that the place was full. We would have been satisfied with the room and the price if the renovations had been completed.

Room Tip: Be sure you ask for a room that is not on the "C" level.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobcat43
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Valuable Guest:

Please accept my sincere apology.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Anil Lala

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Landing late into LaGuardia and not wanting to travel into the city, I chose to stay at the Comfort Inn next to the airport. While it was cheap, it wasn't worth low cost.
Problems:
1) I called to get the shuttle and it took 40 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. It only takes 5 minutes to get from the airport to Comfort Inn.
2) The shower didn't work. I had my first bath in years. LOL
3) The free breakfast pastries were stale.

The staff was friendly but I won't be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel because my usual hotel I use when flying out of La Guardia was full. This hotel is near La Guardia, but in an odd location on kind of a side street. The hotel has a very small parking lot of about 12 spaces which were full when I arrived. This is NY - come on! At least provide parking for a hotel guest. I had to park down the street in a questionable area and was worried about my car all night. I asked for an upstairs room but was given first floor which I did not like. Also, there is not a fitness center in this hotel and it is not in an area you would walk by yourself at night.
The room was clean but was about the smallest hotel room I have been in for a long time. I could not open my suitcase on the floor. The bathroom was tiny - and had a sink with no vanity so good luck putting in your contacts or anything. The toilet was like a commercial airport toilet with no lid so you could not use that either.
I did not bother with the breakfast - I figured I would get better food at the airport so I cannot tell you about this. They do have wireless internet and I had no problems with getting a connection or using the internet.
I doubt I would stay here again unless it was my only choice. Pay a little more and go to the Marriott or the Hampton Inn - they have parking and a gym.
There is not a restaurant close either other than a Dunkin Donuts so eat before you check in as there will be little choice within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Nanpacific
Reviewed 6 September 2011

After an amazing five-night stay in Manhattan, our flight home out of LaGuardia was cancelled at the last minute. Desperate for some sleep, we thought we'd try this place.

The room we received was in the basement. Not completely underground ... but below grade. It was dirty: stained carpets, stained bed spread, hair all over the washroom, etc.

This prompted me to inspect the mattress. A quick check revealed three dead bed bugs along the seam on one side of the bed. At that point, we decided to leave and take our chances with a night at the airport.

As we were leaving the room, a cockroach scurried across the floor and under the garbage bin. Seriously.

We demanded our money back. The front desk staff was apologetic and courteous and we caught the next shuttle back to LaGuardia where we slept on the floor.

The floor at LaGuardia = better than this place. Don't stay here ... and if you do, maybe ask for an above-ground room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 162Traveller
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I generally don't stay at the Comfort Inn unless I get stuck at an airport due to weather. These places aren't fancy, but they tend to be available, and provide a bed and they aren't expensive. This place certainly fits that bill. A very tiny room - I'm thinking maybe 135 sq. feet, smelly lobby, just one vending maching with some drinks and crackers. But, the van came and got us, we paid around $130 which ain't bad on no notice in NYC, and free breakfast.

Keep your expectations really really low and hopefully you can get a decent night's sleep.

Room Tip: May be able to get something better if you book in advance.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doctorgooz
Reviewed 28 July 2011

From the moment I checked in, the staff was helpful and courteous. I would
absolutely recommend this to anyone who is looking for something close to LGA
and enjoys fresh blueberry waffles to start their day off!

Room Tip: Book on ChoiceHotels.com
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott

Been to Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St? Share your experiences!