“Small, comfortable and convenient”

Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed one night in August 2012. I arrived early in the morning knowing I would need to wait for my room. The front desk clerk told me that there were no clean rooms for me, but that he would have a room in an hour, and within 40 minutes I was checked into my room. The hotel lobby is a little tired, but my room was very clean and nicely appointed. It was small but very comfortable. Everything appeared nearly new, nice flat screen T.V., good sized bathroom, and very clean. The standard Comfort Inn breakfast bar. All the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank garbonies
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Comfort Inn LGA. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We deeply value your thoughts and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service every stay simply because our guests deserve the very best.

We strive to ensure our guests experience the best stay possible during their travels and your feedback is truly valuable to us.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA once again. We hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

This hotel room was VERY VERY small. It wasn't too bad for a one night stay, but I wouldn't stay here again. The staff was very nice and helpful. If you're looking for a decent place for a night this will work, but if you're looking for something nice I suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank roadwarrior1982

Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Comfort Inn LGA. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We deeply value your thoughts and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service every stay simply because our guests deserve the very best.

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging need and do look forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I arrived at LGA around midnight. Down in baggage claim there is one of those hotel free phone systems that puts you through to participating hotels with the touch of a button. There is a Comfort Inn on this board, but it is NOT the Comfort Inn East Elmhurst. The Comfort Inn Maspeth will give you the switchboard # of the Comfort Inn East Elmhurst, and then you're on your own nickel (50 cents, actually) to phone them.

Once I got through, I was assured that a van would arrive in 10 minutes to get me. Sure enough, 10 minutes later a U-Save van pulled up curbside at the United Airlines arrivals area (NOT at the outer curb where hotel pick-up shuttles are posted to arrive). After collecting me and one customer who was heading over for a car rental at U-Save, we were under way.

I was at the front desk of the Comfort Inn within 10 minutes. Check in was friendly although they forgot to give me the wi fi password (i called down later and got it). The room was clean, except for the carpet, which needs a steam cleaning. Bed was comfortable, and room was quiet.

I'd return if I needed a bed for 8 hours and was arriving late at night in future, if I could get the room for $85 which I did through a 'secret' booking on Travelocity.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA for your recent stay. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

We want you to enjoy every day of every stay so we pledge to you our service guarantee. Our professional and friendly staffs are committed to making your stay both enjoyable and comfortable.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA again. We hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

We chose the hotel for it's proximity to LaGuardia for the last night of a trip. It was located within walikng distance of Budget and Enterprise rental car return locations, which made our rental car return very easy. There were also a couple of restaurants within walking distance. The room was very small but comfortable. We had a king bed, which left very little walking around space--a queen would have been a better choice. Since we were only there for a short time, it wasn't a real issue. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the shower was hot. They have an airport shuttle on demand and it arrived a few minutes after we requested it. We checked out before breakfast was served, so cannot comment on the food.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Valuable Guest,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My co-worker and I stayed here on a business trip to NY in May. The service did not cater to the guest.
We were told that we could not have dairy creamer since breakfast was over even though a lady had given us some the day before. The guy almost slapped my friends hand.
Other then that the room was a little small but comfortable, close to the city transportation, but is in a shady part of town. Breakfast is not your tradtional american bacon and eggs.
They have waffles and then the rest of the hot food is Indian. Not real palattable.
Not a very big area to eat in either. Very small hotel.
On a more positive note, the shuttle to the airport was excellent but the planes flew right past our window. Was kinda strange.

Room Tip: If you are just staying here for a quick trip, Great place to stay, other wise your better off findi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank WhiteS87

Dear Valuable Guest,

Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price. Which is why at any time you have a suggestion on how to improve our service to you we take that opportunity to listen. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times because of its location to LaGuardia Airport. There are also restaurants and bars within walking distance. I have noticed a decline in the service here. It feels like the guests are almost an inconvenience. Breakfast started late. There is no early morning coffee and they are almost rude about it.

It is a nice location with a decent price and the rooms are clean. Just don't expect much in the way of service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Everything was fine. We stayed here for a pit-stop as we needed to be near Laguardia airport. The free shuttle from the airport was useful. We got put in a smallish room in the basement, which we didn't mind for one night. The wifi worked and the breakfast was fine. The staff were efficient and gave us a couple of leaflets of fast food places that delivered. We ended up walking to the no frills Tikka Grill place around the corner (cheap, tasty, filling Indian food).

It was fine and reasonably priced for one night and I'd stay here again for an airport pit-stop.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ibis Styles New York Laguardia Airport
2 mi away
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St? Share your experiences!