“Pretty decent place”

Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I wish I could rate 3.5 stars - the hotel was definitely above average but not very good! I wanted to stay close to LGA but within a commutable distance to Midtown-Manhattan. One bus and one train would take me to anywhere in Manhattan in less than one hour. Just before my flight, the hotel's shuttle took me to the airport. The room was pretty neat but basic - no amenities like fridge or microwave. The breakfast was decent (I eat neither eggs nor meat) and I would leave for Manhattan after breakfast on all the three days I stayed at this hotel. To come back late in the night and have a sound sleep, this hotel was very ideal. The price for three nights was a little shy of 400 dollars, which was a little expensive given the location and room quality. However, the hotel staff were nice and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shankar S
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Mr. Shankar,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA for your recent stay. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price. Which is why at any time you have a suggestion on how to improve our service to you we take that opportunity to listen.

We want you to enjoy every day of every stay so we pledge to you our service guarantee. Our professional and friendly staffs are committed to making your stay both enjoyable and comfortable.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA again. We hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

We booked this as we needed to stay close to La Guardia Airport and the previous reviews were good. The free shutlle service was also very appealing.
Check in was quick and reasonably friendly.
The room was clean and fairly small but perferctly adqeuate for a one night stay.
A free breakfast is always a bonus, particularly in the US so we took advantage of this. The breakfast room was quite small so we did eat early to avoid any over-crowding. The breakfast was good with a reasonable choice and tasty bagels.
The free shuttle service to the airport was cancelled as there was no fuel available (this was about a week after Hurricane Sandy). However we did ask reception again and upon checking with the driver he said he would probably just have enough left in the car so he agreed to take us.
Would definetly recommend for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the free airport shuttle service and breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Declan_01

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn in East Elmhurst in February, 2013 on my way home from a business meeting. Arrived at midnight and left for the airport at the first (4 am) shuttle, so didn't have much time in the hotel. The room was clean if somewhat cramped, the staff was friendly, and the airport shuttle was prompt. Fine experience overall, but not a place I'd choose to stay other than as an in-transit location on the way through LaGuardia.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Spent two nights here last weekend (wife had a one day flight) and while there was nothing really bad about the hotel I would rate it below average. Our room was tiny but clean and decent. Front desk advised on where to eat within walking distance, but gave the response "rooms come with two towels" when I asked for a couple more (they were small cheap bath towels). Didn't use the shuttle or breakfast area. Hard to access off Grand Central without driving a few feet down the street which becomes one way where the hotel starts but is not heavily traveled. For comparison sake it makes the Hampton Inn LGA look spectacular.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Comfort Inn LGA. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We deeply value your thoughts and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service every stay simply because our guests deserve the very best.

We strive to ensure our guests experience the best stay possible during their travels and your feedback is truly valuable to us. We'd like to ensure you all matters stated in your review have been addressed to the best of our ability.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA once again. We hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I headed to the breakfast area for some eggs and sausage or bacon off of the hot breakfast that all choice hotels offers, but this was no regular breakfast this was some kind of garbage that looked like eggs but was not eggs at all and the bacon was not bacon it was more than terrible, the ham was some kind of vegetarian meat substitute, in all it was very bad and I dirent have no choice but to toss it in to the garbage
Rooms are small, no fridge, no microwaves in rooms
Only one vending machine with a very poor selection
Staff was helpful and nice but I will not be coming back to this choicehotel

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear Valuable Guest,

I would like to thank you for your visit to Comfort Inn LGA. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We deeply value your thoughts and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service every stay simply because our guests deserve the very best.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.

We accommodate many guests and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you were unhappy with your stay due to the breakfast selection.

We appreciate you sharing your time and bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely hope that you will have no further cause for any complaint in the future as we continue to make appropriate changes. We hope to see you again in the future to provide you with exceptional service.

Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

Where to start
Airport shuttle promised in 5 min. Rang 20min later and said we weren't there. We were
Receptionist attitude poor. Tv and shower didn't work
No food there so ordered takeout. Rang back 1 hour later and told they had been but reception said I wasn't staying there
Planes flying 50 yards above hotel so very noisy
Avoid at all cost

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Valued Guest

On behalf of Comfort Inn LGA please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay. We appreciate your concerns and would like to thank you for bringing them to our attention.

We strive to ensure our guests experience the best stay possible during their travels and your feedback is truly valuable to us. Currently we are making all appropriate changes to ensure a better experience in the future. At this time I would like to inform you all measures have been taken.

We appreciate you sparing your time and bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely offer our apologies and hope that you will have no further cause for any complaint in the future. We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging need and do look forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

The first part of my trip was in CT, but I had an early flight out of La Guardia so I decided to get a room close to the airport. This hotel was perfect. While the room was small, that is to be expected in NYC. I was put in a corner room and it was nice. The bed was very comfortable and the room was more than adequate for my needs. It looked like it had recently been updated and everything was tip top.

I arrived around 8 pm, and the evening desk clerk was very helpful. I asked about some places to eat nearby and he was very happy to give me directions to a couple different places within walking distance.

I returned my car to the airport the night before, and was able to walk back to the hotel. At 0500, the desk manager called a shuttle for me and it was there within 10 minutes. The driver of the shuttle was helpful because my e-ticket didn't have which terminal I needed. He knew and got me there.

The only negative I can say, and this doesn't reflect on the hotel necessarily, is that there was some sort of smell in the hallway. I think one of the other patrons was smoking something and it stunk up the hallway.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ibis Styles New York Laguardia Airport
2 mi away
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St? Share your experiences!