“Snowed in for 3 days, decent place to stay”

Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 28 February 2014

When I was stranded at LaGuardia Airport for three days before being able to make my connecting flight I stayed here. Well....it started with the shuttle did not run, the driver was sick, no replacement, took a cab for $17 + tips, which later was refunded after complaining to the Choice Hotels. The room was decent and clean, bed, pillows and covers were good, breakfast was fine, similar to a Hampton Inn standards. Internet was slow in the evenings. There was a gas station with a Dunkin 2 blocks away, no other place to eat unless you wanted to walk in the snow as I did not have a car.
stay. For an airport stay I stay again. Rate was $112/night, good value, Hampton Inn is $259.

Room Tip: Get a room high up to get a view, over the cemetery, west I think it is.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ComfortInnLaGuardia, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Grabben:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport Hotel.

We are very sorry we did not meet your expextations and we hope in your next visit to East Elmhurst you stay with us so we could provide a better service. Thank you for your comments we will use them to provide our future guest with a better service.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

When we were stranded at LaGuardia Airport for three days before being able to make our connecting flight we stayed at the Comfort Inn. The shuttle quickly picked us up at the airport. Since we did not have a vehicle or winter coats we needed to stay someplace close. The rooms were clean with comfortable beds and pillows. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They provided menus so we could order delivery dinners. They called cabs for us when needed, and on the morning we left they provided snack bags for us to take with us to the airport since we would miss the continental breakfast. Be aware that there really is not much close by the hotel other than the airport. There are some chain restaurants in a strip plaza a couple of blocks away, but that is it. I would stay there again if I needed to be near LaGuardia!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ComfortInnLaGuardia, Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Jane F:

Thank you for takig the time to review our Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport Hotel.
We are very delightful to hear your experience while you stay with us. I will share your comments with the staff.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Arriving very late and having an early morning flight my choice was find somewhere very close to stay or sleep in the airport. I chose the Comfort and was very pleased. The modest room was clean and comfortable. The shuttle was prompt and friendly. The night desk manager was very accommodating also. I will choose his hotel again if I have to overnight at LGA.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank flynomore
ComfortInnLaGuardia, Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Flynomore:

Your satisfaction is very important to us and seeing such a good review from you it is very pleasant, I will share it with the staff. Thank you again for choosing us as your hotel and hoping your next visit to East Elmhurt you will stay with us so we could give you the same service or better.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

well I couldnt help comparing it with hotels I stayed at in Las Vegas so I think it's expensive as the room's not as spacious and front desk wasnt so friendly. but overall it's good value being close to airport with free shuttle service. breakfast was pretty good with good choices of drinks fruits and desserts. and I like that my room has cable tv, plenty pillows and makeup romover. I would stay here again when I have a morning flight at LGA

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Im sorry that your stay was not 100% satisfactory but we truely appreciate your input so we can improve our services in the future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Reasonable and affordable place to stay. Picking me up fairly quickly and accommodate my room fast. So close to LGA. If you stay in Manhattan, I recommend somewhere else but if you have a morning flight from LGA, it's very reasonable to convinient.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to satisfied your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for the LaGuardia traveler. Super close to the airport, very clean although small rooms, air conditioning was working great, comfortable beds. Parking was conveniently located behind the hotel. Wifi worked great. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are very happy that your stay was satifactory at our hotel.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Our flight was cancelled at LaGuardia due to snow. We were already at the gate waiting and were told at 2:00 pm that we would have to stay the night. I found the Comfort Inn on line and called. They were great! They had the shuttle pick us up within 20 minutes. Our luggage was gone so the provided us with essential toiletries. Very courteous and helpful staff. Room was nice and clean. No problems at all. We would stay again if we needed one night close to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hampton Inn New York - LaGuardia Airport
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
Ibis Styles New York Laguardia Airport

Been to Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St? Share your experiences!