“New York Vacation”

Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 14 June 2014

First trip...Visited New York with 13 yr old granddaughter. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. The room was clean but the carpet could use a good shampoo. It was very close to the bus stop to go to Manhatten. Returning from Manhatten and walking back to motel at night seemed very safe.

Room Tip: Good place to stay if you don't want to pay $$$$ in Manhatten. Its a nice trip bus/subway from h...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My stay in this hotel was unplanned, but nonetheless, it was more than satisfactory. My flight from LaGuardia airport was cancelled, and I had to find a hotel to stay for the night, and this hotel was one of the only affordable hotels nearby that had empty rooms. I paid 147$ for one night, which I guess is quite cheap for in the NY area, especially if you take into account that I haven't booked in advance.

Here are the things that I liked about the hotel:
1. It's located closely to the airport (only 10mins drive). In addition, the hotel has a free shuttle service that takes the customer from and to the airport. The drivers of the shuttle are very kind and friendly, and one of them even was kind enough to give me a ride to a nearby shopping area.
2. The bed is very comfortable and big, I had my best sleep ever on it (I attached a picture of it).
3. The hotel provides soaps, shampoos, and tooth brushes. That helped me a lot, as my luggage reached the final destination before I did..
4. There's a desk with a desk lamp, on which one can work.

Things that I liked less:
1. There's a cemetery just near the hotel. It felt kind of creepy when I found that out in the morning.
2. The food of the breakfast didn't taste very fresh.
3. The lighting in the room isn't very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived late to lagaurdia called for the shuttle at 11:50pm. The shuttle never came and when I called front desk again they said the driver drove through once and didn't see us, so he left. Said driver went home because shuttle service ended at midnight. We had to take a taxi at our expense.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Aaron T
ComfortInnLaGuardia, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Aaron T:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport Hotel.
Your satisfaction is very important to us, I'm so sorry our shuttle did not picked you up. I already had a talk to our drivers and front desk about this matter so it won't happen to our future guests.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I don't know why people would expect to have a large hotel room in NYC. The size of our room was just fine for the two of us! It smelled clean and fresh and very cozy. The staff was friendly and the shuttle service even took us to the closest subway line in the morning (we walked back in the evening). Perfect hotel price and stay for just outside NYC.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Together4ever10

Dear together4ever10:

Your satisfaction is very important to us and is so delightful to hear such a pleasant review. I will share your comment with the staff.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Room was small and old. Plus, someone had must have smoked in it and they were trying to clean/hide smell with air freshner.
The walls and windows did not block any of the sound of airplanes taking off and the hotel must be sitting on end of runway.
Breakfast room was too small for number of people.
However, the breakfast room was nothing compared with the shuttle to the airport. They packed seven people and luggage into a van with seats for five!

Room Tip: Ask if they have a side that is quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bTravels_13
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had a layover and had a flight the next day out of LaGuardia. This location was what I expected. The price was fair, and it had a decent breakfast in the morning. I wasn't a huge fan of the coffee, plus it ran out and I didn't want to wait for the next pot. Check-in was quick, friendly and no issues.

As much as the rooms are no smoking, one of the rooms we had still smelt some residual smoke from when I guess it used to allow smoking. Might be time to clean the carpets, or if it is in the walls. I am not sure, but that wasn't pleasant.

The shuttle to the airport involved little wait, was quick and friendly.

For dinner, the area around kinda looked a little sparse, so we ordered in. No issues there. Overall, a good place to crash overnight when you have a flight the next morning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
ComfortInnLaGuardia, Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Yauza16:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport Hotel

Your satisfaction is very important to us and I'm very sorry we did not meet your expectations. we will use your comments to better our service to future guest.

Sincerely

Reviewed 28 February 2014

When I was stranded at LaGuardia Airport for three days before being able to make my connecting flight I stayed here. Well....it started with the shuttle did not run, the driver was sick, no replacement, took a cab for $17 + tips, which later was refunded after complaining to the Choice Hotels. The room was decent and clean, bed, pillows and covers were good, breakfast was fine, similar to a Hampton Inn standards. Internet was slow in the evenings. There was a gas station with a Dunkin 2 blocks away, no other place to eat unless you wanted to walk in the snow as I did not have a car.
stay. For an airport stay I stay again. Rate was $112/night, good value, Hampton Inn is $259.

we stayed at the Comfort Inn. The shuttle quickly picked us up at the airport. Since we did not have a vehicle or winter coats we needed to stay someplace close. The rooms were clean with comfortable beds and pillows. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They provided menus so we could order delivery dinners. They called cabs for us when needed, and on the morning we left they provided snack bags for us to take with us to the airport since we would miss the continental breakfast. Be aware that there really is not much close by the hotel other than the airport. There are some chain restaurants in a strip plaza a couple of blocks away, but that is it. I would stay there again if I needed to be near LaGuardia!

Room Tip: Get a room high up to get a view, over the cemetery, west I think it is.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ComfortInnLaGuardia, General Manager at Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Grabben:

We are very sorry we did not meet your expextations and we hope in your next visit to East Elmhurst you stay with us so we could provide a better service. Thank you for your comments we will use them to provide our future guest with a better service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ibis Styles New York Laguardia Airport
2 mi away
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St? Share your experiences!