My employer booked 4 of us into this hotel for a work trip on August 21st, 2013. We were split up into two separate rooms; one on the 2nd floor and one on the 3rd floor. We had a late night and early morning and ended up sleeping in the beds for only 3.5 hours.
The stay was fine and I had no issues with this hotel until the next morning (about 24 hours after sleeping in the hotel bed) all four of us discovered numerous bed bug bites all over our legs. As the manager has previously posted to other bed big complaints, these bites were NOT FROM MOSQUITOS. They were itchy welts that have lasted over a week now, characteristic of bed bug bites. We were not outside or in shorts to receive these bites from mosquitos, and mosquito bites have never lasted longer than a day on me.
Anyway, this hotel has a serious bedbug problem so if you do stay here, make sure you inspect your mattress and headboard for bedbug signs before you sleep in the bed-- this was one thing we failed to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you have come to NY for Business or leisure you will be greeted with a warm welcome and our hospitality will exceed your expectations at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We are located directly across from LaGuardia Airport and eight miles from JFK Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza East Elmhurst
- Crowne Plaza New York
- LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York East Elmhurst