“Stay was fine, until the BED BUG bites showed up 24hrs later.”

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My employer booked 4 of us into this hotel for a work trip on August 21st, 2013. We were split up into two separate rooms; one on the 2nd floor and one on the 3rd floor. We had a late night and early morning and ended up sleeping in the beds for only 3.5 hours.
The stay was fine and I had no issues with this hotel until the next morning (about 24 hours after sleeping in the hotel bed) all four of us discovered numerous bed bug bites all over our legs. As the manager has previously posted to other bed big complaints, these bites were NOT FROM MOSQUITOS. They were itchy welts that have lasted over a week now, characteristic of bed bug bites. We were not outside or in shorts to receive these bites from mosquitos, and mosquito bites have never lasted longer than a day on me.
Anyway, this hotel has a serious bedbug problem so if you do stay here, make sure you inspect your mattress and headboard for bedbug signs before you sleep in the bed-- this was one thing we failed to do.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Laura F
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for your business and your comments. We sincerely apologize in regards to your experience. On a weekly basis we have a program with Orkin in which we are proactive in detecting any bug occurrences . We do take our guest feedback and follow up on it and ensure we will investigate this experience and take corrective action in order to avoid any future experiences such as this one. Thank you again and travel safe.

There are newer reviews for LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was traveling alone, and my stay at the Plaza Hotel contributed greatly to making my travels a success. The shuttle responded very quickly and it is only a 15 min trip from the airport. My room was very nice, and the overall hotel environment was lovely! The hotel is in an area that is safe and pleasant, especially if you are traveling solo. I would stay here again in a second!

Room Tip: Great view of New York from the seventh floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Augifurry

Thank you for your business and your comments. We are glad to hear that you found the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel to be of value and convenient for you during your stay in NY. We are so happy to hear your experience with us was a pleasant one. We always try to be as helpful as possible to all of our guests in order to make them feel welcomed and comfortable. Thank you again and travel safe.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Accommodating shuttle service to and from LaGuardia
We called from the airport and the clean, air conditioned shuttle was there within 10 minutes
The 8 minute shuttle ride leaves for the airport every 20 minutes on the hour

Shuttle from the hotel to the subway

There are bus stops right in front of the hotel, on Ditmars Blvd, connecting you to New York City's public transportation network. Remember to get your Metrocard at LaGuardia.

The staff, from the shuttle driver to check out, was sensitive to our needs, knowledgeable about the city, helpful, and friendly. They spoke to us not at us.

Super clean, quiet rooms with comfortable beds

We will stay there again. We loved it!

Thank you Carla, Carolynn, Lisa, Bibi, Richard, the gentleman that gave me bus/train tips (sorry I forgot your name), and the rest of the team. Good job!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank petalou2

Thank you for your business and your comments. We are glad to hear that you found the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel to be of value and convenient for you during your stay in NY. We are so happy to hear your experience with our shuttle service and our staff was what made your stay. We always try to be as helpful as possible to all of our guests in order to make them feel welcomed and comfortable. Thank you again and travel safe

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The only reason I stayed here was because my flight was cancelled and this is where the airline reserved the room. I tried to be open minded, but the room is gross. I didn't feel clean and I didn't feel comfortable enough to sleep in the bed. Call it dramatic, but I stayed awake until my early morning flight because I just could not allow myself to sleep in the bed. There was a handprint on the ottoman, chipped wallpaper, and the room smelled like smoke. Absolutely gross!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your business and your comments. We sincerely apologize that your experience at the Laguardia Plaza Hotel did not meet your expectations. Your comments are very helpful to us. We will investigate your experience and take corrective action in order to avoid future experiences such as yours. Thank you again and safe travel.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We booked 15 rooms at the Laguardia Plaza Hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They really helped us with reservations and setting up transportation to and from the wedding in Brooklyn.
The rooms were clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. Getting into Manhattan using the shuttle to the subway was very convenient. We felt like they took a personal interest in the success of our wedding plans and were in constant contact with us about our transportation and reservations. I would definitely recommend the Laguardia Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SharonPtrip

Thank you for your business and your comments. We are glad to hear that you found the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel to be of value and convenient for you during your stay in NY for your wedding. We are so happy to hear your experience with us was a pleasant one and that we were able to address your needs and exceed your expectations. Thank you again and travel safe.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Service & Location was great. We were a little nervous about taking the subway into the city but front desk clerk, Lorraine, was very helpful. She eased my fears of taking the subway:)
I have found my hotel home in NY and it is LaGuardia Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Evette448

Thank you for your business and your comments. We are glad to hear that you found the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel to be of value and convenient for you during your stay in NY. We are so happy to hear your experience with us was a pleasant one. Thank you again and travel safe.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed only one night and found my room to be comfortable and the staff to be helpful. The price was very reasonable for NY and this is is a great place to stay if you need to be near LGA airport. Ditmars Blvd. faces the airport and the hotel is only a couple of minutes from the terminal. I never had time for dinner, but when I was hungry late at night there was food available at the bar and I was able to get a pretty good panini.

The location is OK for a one-time trip into Manhattan, but it's really best for someone who needs to be out by LGA or elsewhere in Queens. The hotel shuttle will take you to the subway station, but only in the morning or evening. Since I wanted to go in the mid-afternoon, the staff explained that I could buy a $5 round trip MetroCard (which they have available in the gift shop) and take the bus that stops almost in from of the hotel with a free transfer to the 7 Train. That worked out great. You can simply reverse the process to return or -- if it's very late at night, as was the case for me -- you can flag a taxi in Manhattan, which is what I did. It cost something like $25 + the tip.

If I need to be near LGA or CitiField, this is definitely where I would stay again.

Room Tip: I was going to return to LGA the next day to pick up a Hertz car to continue my travels. I discover...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your business and your comments. We are glad to hear that you found the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel to be of value and convenient for you during your stay in NY. We are so happy to hear your experience with us was a pleasant one. Thank you and travel safe.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
#11 of 12 in East Elmhurst

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!