“I stay here because Airline cancelled my trip”

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“I stay here because Airline cancelled my trip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had to stay here because my airline cancelled my flight, and airline had booked me in here. My room was on the 3rd floor. The room was ok, the shower looked unclean so I did not venture in to try it out. The shower room was very basic, I suppose like the room. I went down to the bar to get a drink and some food. There was no room to sit at the bar and no available tables. I eventually got a drink, but stood up drinking it. I did not order any food so I went back to the room. So glad I only stayed here for one night. Checked out early in the morning to catch the shuttle back to the Airport. Shuttle driver was great.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for your business and for you sharing your comments with our Trip Advisor community. Your comments are very helpful to us as we work toward improving overall guest satisfaction. Thank you again and travel safe.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I called to make sure before I got there if I could check in early because my plane landed early... they said I could... needless to say once I got there I specifically asked for a room with a walk in shower and a flat screen TV... but I didn't get that person at the front desk said it would be one in there but it wasn't ... The bed was dirty, and hard, the carpet was nasty, and the bathroom, I will be reporting this hotel to the health department because its that filthy. If I could I would rate this HOTEL a 0

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your comments with our Trip Advisor community. We apologize if your stay was less than satisfactory, and not considered of value.
The hotel will be beginning extensive renovations within the next upcoming months . As for the cleaniness issue , your comments will be helpful as we work toward improving overall guest satisfaction. Thank you and travel safe.

Travellers are raving about these East Elmhurst hotels

Dublin, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

If you're on a budget, spending your own money, and trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible, then...this is a great choice! We were moving our child in to local university (there went ALL our money!) from across country and needed a staging point. This hotel was fine. It's safe, clean, everything worked, and the location was great. There was definitely wear & tear all around-but no horrid smells, and the staff was very helpful & friendly. All the appliances (elevators, hairdryer, air-conditioner, coffee maker, lights, tv...etc) worked fine, and it was quiet. We could easily of spent double, or triple, but why? We stayed 4 nights. Went to the city a couple of days, and spent a couple of days loading up at Costco, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, etc. & moving into a dorm. Mostly we just slept at the hotel. The subway is easily accessible by hotel shuttle, and returning at night was easy by bus. We're not at all familiar with East Coast public transit (or bus systems actually), but we never had any problems-no matter how late we returned! We rented a car for a day, which we picked up right around the corner-using the hotel shuttle again (great drivers-very helpful & friendly, with lots of tips!)-and the parking at the hotel was great.
Conclusion: If you're on someone else's dime-maybe don't stay here.....If you're watching your OWN dimes, it's great, especially if that's your main concern. We liked it! We'll probably stay here again when the kid graduates!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with us and with the Trip advisor communtiy. We are pleased to hear that your stay at t he LaGuardia Plaza hotel was a pleasant and comfortable one. We will be sure to let out entire staff of hospitality professionals know your thoughts and about your stay. Thank you again and travel safe.
Stratford, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel due to its proximity to the airport. We saw the wide disparity in rankings and decided to stay anyway. It was just for one night so we figured we would suck it up. It was not a good idea. The whole hallway outside our room stank of urine. The bed was hard as rock. There was excessive noise until well after midnight and you could hear everything in our neighboring rooms. Not recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your business and for you sharing your comments with our Trip Advisor community. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory and not considered a value, your comments will be very helpful as we work torward improving overall guest satisfaction. Thank you and travel safe.
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

This hotel was okay. No real complaints. It was moderately clean; no outstanding filth. It is of course an airport hotel, and as such no frills. You get in, get out, don't expect too much and you won't be too disappointed. It is not near a subway line, so not an ideal jumping off point for visiting anything else. This is a busy NYC hotel. Don't compare this to a room in Ohio or anywhere else. NYC is definitely in a class by itself (in all possible manner!)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank aim19862016
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My employer booked 4 of us into this hotel for a work trip on August 21st, 2013. We were split up into two separate rooms; one on the 2nd floor and one on the 3rd floor. We had a late night and early morning and ended up sleeping in the beds for only 3.5 hours.
The stay was fine and I had no issues with this hotel until the next morning (about 24 hours after sleeping in the hotel bed) all four of us discovered numerous bed bug bites all over our legs. As the manager has previously posted to other bed big complaints, these bites were NOT FROM MOSQUITOS. They were itchy welts that have lasted over a week now, characteristic of bed bug bites. We were not outside or in shorts to receive these bites from mosquitos, and mosquito bites have never lasted longer than a day on me.
Anyway, this hotel has a serious bedbug problem so if you do stay here, make sure you inspect your mattress and headboard for bedbug signs before you sleep in the bed-- this was one thing we failed to do.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Laura F
Thank you for your business and your comments. We sincerely apologize in regards to your experience. On a weekly basis we have a program with Orkin in which we are proactive in detecting any bug occurrences . We do take our guest feedback and follow up on it and ensure we will investigate this experience and take corrective action in order to avoid any future experiences such as this one. Thank you again and travel safe.
Willow, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was traveling alone, and my stay at the Plaza Hotel contributed greatly to making my travels a success. The shuttle responded very quickly and it is only a 15 min trip from the airport. My room was very nice, and the overall hotel environment was lovely! The hotel is in an area that is safe and pleasant, especially if you are traveling solo. I would stay here again in a second!

Room Tip: Great view of New York from the seventh floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Augifurry
Thank you for your business and your comments. We are glad to hear that you found the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel to be of value and convenient for you during your stay in NY. We are so happy to hear your experience with us was a pleasant one. We always try to be as helpful as possible to all of our guests in order to make them feel welcomed and comfortable. Thank you again and travel safe.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
Hotel de Point
#7 of 18 in Flushing
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
BEST WESTERN PLUS LaGuardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!