“Had potential 20 years ago.”

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 31 January 2014

What I believed was a modern hotel on arrival soon had me believing I had stepped into a time machine and gone back a couple of decades.
Although the rooms have the facilities you expect from any modern hotel the decor is definitely outdated and the rooms didn't seem very clean. I think this place needs a total renovation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank James B
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience and opinion with our Trip Advisor community. Over the next several months the hotel will begin extensive renovations to restore its grand appearance and bring the hotel's oversized rooms up to date with all new furnishings and amenities. Thank you again and travel safe.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Our room was very cold and we were unable to make it warmer. Therefore we slept with our clothes on waking up several times through the night! In the morning I woke up itching under my wrist watch band and on my arms. I could see clusters of red, itchy, blistery bumps on my skin. Could this be bed bugs?

After getting home after one night at this hotel, I basically stripped at the door, washed all clothes in hot water and took a very hot shower. Everything got sanitized. The suitcases were left outside in the cold. The itching on my skin lasted for about three days.

Décor and wallpaper looked very 70's in our room. The bedding appeared to be cheap and worn. The hallways looked like they had not been vacuumed for some time.

Location is good and airport bus picks up right from the door. Nice enough lobby. Decent restaurant/bar on site w/good service. Breakfast was muffins, bagels, yogurt, make it yourself waffles, basically the same you receive on roadside chain hotels/motels. Good service both at the front desk, in the restaurant as well as breakfast area.

Because I have a suspicion that I was bitten by bed bugs, I would never consider returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Pay more and stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 187YellowRose

Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience and opinion with our Trip Advisor community. The convenience and value of the hotel are definitely on point, between the present time and the next several months the hotel will begin extensive renovations to restore its grand appearance. We do value your comments and will be addressing the issues toward improving overall guest satisfaction. Thank you again and travel safe.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I expected much more for the price I had to pay for my stay. I stayed there for about a week. The receptionist was extremely rude. The hotel wasn't as clean. There were barely any restaurants around. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience and opinion with our TripAdvisor community. We do value your comments and will be addressing the issues toward improving overall guest satisfaction. Thank you again and travel safe

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have always stayed at this hotel on buisness trips way back when and I cant complain. It was comfortable always clean close to everything not expensive nice staff.
I will return again soon. Great place!

Room Tip: nice quiet fronm the second floor up cozy hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our hotel of value and will continue to be with us. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I had a very awesome experience here on an otherwise dull business trip.
The staff was friendly, professional, and courteous which I do not always experience in my travels.
I usually stay closer to JFK iNTL but a close colleague of mine suggested this place.
He told me of the Front Desk staff so I booked because I like being in a friendly environment.

This trip has been really great and where I am in town about every 6 weeks, I will be staying here from now on!

I would like to especially thank Carollynn,Carla, and Joseph. Yall made my trip! THANK YOU!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and we will be your new home away from home. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel .

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Frankly, I am somewhat surprised by many of the negative reviews here. I stayed here several years ago when it was a Crowne Plaza. While I don't think this hotel is worthy of a Crowne Plaza, it certainly is an average 3 star hotel that provides what it advertises. The shuttle service across the street to the airport is quick, frequent, and convenient, which is a major factor in selection of an airport hotel for me. The check-in was friendly and informative. The in-hotel restaurant is open late, as is the gift shop, which was much appreciated.

The room itself was nothing special, but not bad. The pillows could use some work, and the bedspreads are horrible and uncomfortable. The bed itself is hard - like a hotel in Europe or Asia might have - which I actually like. The AC system works well and kept the room cool. The shower was good with decent pressure, which is important to me.

Check-out was a breeze, and the shuttle back to the airport in the morning was quick and easy. I'd absolutely recommend this hotel for those looking for a quick overnight near Laguardia airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Fzedlach

Thank you for your business and for sharing your comments on the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. The convience and staff friendliness of the hotel are definitely on point, over the next several months , the hotel will begin extensive renovations to update the hotel, restoring its grand appearance and bringing the hotels oversized rooms up to date with all new furnishings, and amenities. Thank you again and travel safe

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have stayed here numerous times. The hotel is not luxurious but it is a great place for families in the NYC area. It has a pool and reasonably-priced breakfasts (and rooms that accommodate 4 people). The staff is extraordinarily helpful. Some of the rooms need to be refurbished and are poorly lit. We were able to get more lamps for our room without any trouble. It is a short ride to Manhattan by car (although I think you can take some kind of public transport and tours seem to stop there). It is close to LaGuardia airport (which means there is noise from the planes). If you are drivng to New York, it is a great because there is adequate, reasonably priced parking. I don't believe it has a restaurant but it does have a bar. Carla at the desk was fantastic!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elaine S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly , and that your family was able to enjoy our extended amenities such as our pool and breakfast. Thank you for your comments we will be sure to share it with our staff. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel.