“I shall return”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Chicago, Illinois
“I shall return”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Some folks expect 5-start accommodations at 3-star prices. I think they're typically the ones who may leave a dissatisfied review on this gem of a hotel near LGA. When I'm in NYC, all I need is a clean and comfortable place to lay my head at a reasonable price. The friendly, helpful, pro staff is a bonus. This hotel is slowly working on features that are a bit out-dated (glass TV screens-GASP!), some outside tuckpointing, and the like. It's very well soundproofed, which is important for a place 1 block from LGA. I highly recommend you try it, save a couple hundred per night and use the extra cash on the outrageously priced food and entertainment in town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jim S
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
Thank you for your business and for sharing your comments on the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. The convenience and staff friendliness of the hotel are definitely on point, over the next several months, the hotel will begin extensive renovations to update the hotel, restoring its grand appearance and bringing the hotels oversized rooms up to date with all new furnishings, and amenities. Thank you again and travel safe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Worst service I have ever delt with booked thru expedia had the reservation on my phone refused to check me in they needed a fax that Expedia sent 5x while was online the line and all the front desk girl could smile and nod knowing i had a reservation she told me tonser the town come back She even took my phone with the confirmation and told me she couldn't help... Than we had to store bags in the mean time the clerk rushed and said he was in a. Hurry to hurt up

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience and opinion with our Trip Advisor community. We do value your comments and will be addressing the issues toward improving overall guest satisfaction.We do suggest that our guest book directly with the hotel in order to guarantee room types and avoid any hold up , I do apologies for the experience you encountered and will be ensuring this does not reoccur. Thank you again and travel safe
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel has great "bones". The rooms are large, well lit, and comfortable. The bathrooms have plenty of counter space. I mention this because so many New York hotels do not.

The rooms themselves are clean. Some of the furniture has seen better days, but the bedding, and TV are new. And, the windows open.

Some of the public areas have seen lots of use, and show it, especially the elevators. There was an included cold breakfast, but I opted for the $9.99 hot breakfast that was very good. Free newspapers in the lobby. The free shuttle to the airport was fast, on time, and only took a couple of minutes.

There is some construction going on at the hotel, but I don't think it impacts the guests, except for some scaffolding.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Todd2PS
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our hotel of value to you. Thank you for your extensive comments to our Trip Advisor community, they will be able to determine that the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel is the place to be while visiting NY. We look forward to seeing you soon, safe travel
De Soto, Missouri
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We enjoyed our overnight stay and really appreciated the service offered to us at the front desk. The staff helped us with a quick check in and we were able to catch the complimentary airport shuttle for our early morning flight. We were given a room on the top floor. We ordered Chinese food and ate together in a lounge with a window view of the airport. The view was impressive. This turned out to be the perfect endto our Niagra Falls/Toronto trip.

Room Tip: Navigating New York traffic is difficult. This hotel is right across from the airport. Therefore...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with our Trip Advisor Community. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to meet your expectations. We will be sure to share that with our team. Thank you again and travel safe.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here with my husband twice in May 2014: 2 nights prior to a cruise out of NYC, and 1 night on the way back. First, I will dispel some of the stuff you may have read in other reviews of this hotel. To begin with, we saw NO evidence of bed bugs and/or cockroaches. Second, the hotel was very quiet. Third, the staff was excellent; very helpful, considerate, and personable. In particular, we had great experiences with the front desk staff, the airport shuttle driver on the morning of May 20th, the ladies in the gift shop the morning of May 11th, and the gentleman managing the breakfast area (sorry that I don't have names!). To summarize:

The good:
- the king sized bed on our first two nights (May 10th and 11th) was very comfy!
- the staff is awesome!
- LOVED the complimentary shuttle to/from the airport AND to the subway station
- the bar! The drinks and food are all very good. I especially liked the French Onion Soup
- indoor pool and hot tub
- VERY good rate for a hotel in the NYC area

The bad:
- other than the lobby and bar areas, the hotel is a bit shabby and in need of updating, however, we did see evidence that this is happening throughout
- the bed on our last night (May 20th)... not sure why, but it was hard and very uncomfortable
- the kid monitoring the pool area on May 10th closed it down 20 minutes early that night claiming that it needed to be cleaned
- we wished they had a better breakfast, but for a price of $10 per couple ($5 per person), we couldn't really complain

In conclusion, if you are coming to NYC to stay in a luxurious hotel and do nothing but stay in your hotel, then pay the money and stay in a luxurious Manhattan hotel. If you are like us, and are coming to NYC to see the sights and just want a decent place to sleep at an affordable rate, then the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel is for you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angela C
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our staff , friendly, our rooms clean and comfortable and that LaGuardia Plaza Hotel is the place for you! We look forward to you visiting us soon. Thank you again and travel safe.
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Flight got cancelled so myself and family were put up here for a night. At first was thinking it looked fine....till I got to the rooms.It was a flash back to the 80's but that I could of dealt with for a night.....but flies in the shower....was to much !!! Would recommend not getting caught over night in Queens .....at this hotel at least!!!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with our Trip Advisor Community. We do value your comments and apologize for the unpleasant stay, we will be addressing your concern and ensuring it does not reoccur. Thank you again and travel safe.
Las vegas
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Great location the hotel is old and needs work. But the service cannot be beat guest service. Shuttle, restaurant, bar, although the restaurant was only opened in the morning.
Bar service was great Terrance and Jasmine where sweet.

the manager brought a shuttle for me to get my husband a thermometer as he has cancer and was sick.

reservation with Nicki was a great help had room. With fridge and microwave as promised.

We would have enjoyed a hot breakfast but I must have misunderstood. It was continental and because of our long stay Nikki gave us coupons for the breakfast.

Conrad who ran the shuttle was awesome he said anything I can do for you I will be here. He would not even take a tip from me which I would like for him to have because he went out of his way.

Jonathan the bell man was terrific he was caring he got us a wheelchair when we needed it he was there 100 percent.

Daniel the receptionist that I spoke with was great as well he searched everywhere in hotel for a thermometer for me

There are just so many good people there but so many people that I can't remember everybody's name is also a girl named Danielle in the gift shop that was very sweet as well

I don't remember every single persons name but I got I think I got most of them are the car service was good. Little expensive if you're going into the city but we needed to go to the hospital I wish I had some kind of discount for that.

we had no problems the hotel is a little old but I'm was happy because of the service which I feel is wonderful.

we are going to try to get out a little bit closer hotel to Sloans memorial a Kettering service when we come again.

but if you are in the area and you need a decent place to stay with wonderful service this is the place to go.

they do have a pool I did not use it it didn't look the cleanest but they had a little outside areas to sit.
the hotel on the outside was really nice looking as they put a little time into it and work it would be the best hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience and opinion with our Trip Advisor community. We are pleased to hear that we met and exceeded your expectation with a friendly staff and great service. We will be sure to let our team know about your experience. Thank you again and travel safe.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Elmhurst
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
#11 of 12 in East Elmhurst

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!