“Nice location but a little dated. Expensive parking”

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great location across from Laguardia Airport. If it weren't for the expensive parking ($20 per night), I would have given a slightly better rating. The hallway carpet and walls were beat up. This was in the second floor. I'm not sure if there is remodeling going on throughout, or of this is the way it's supposed to look. There was a huge bleach stain in the red (or was it green?) carpet in front of our room door. A big plus was the indoor pool, great for kids and when there is a rainy day. However, the water is kept quite cold, as well as the ambient room temperature in the pool area. Overall not bad. But not luxurious either. For the same money, the Garden City Hotel was nicer, albeit almost the same layout (Same designer/architect?) but maintained better.

• Stayed: August 2014
There are newer reviews for LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you are on a budget trip and is not looking to spend much time at the hotel, guess it might solve your purpose. But this i can guarantee is a below average hotel with lots of rude front office staffs. Even if you enquire about late check out, they dont seem to bother answering your questions properly. Breakfast area is a mess, rooms are not well maintained, hallways and lobby looks 50 years old. Only positive- our shuttle driver was courteous. Front desk- if you are listening i recommend you sit for a lesson or two from them about how to behave with guests.
Location is close to the airport and one should opt this only if you have a flight to catch early morning and all the other hotels nearby such as Hampton is fully booked. and yeah! Internet, doesnt even connects properly and the signal keeps on dropping.
My final take would be Pick ANY other hotel near LGA. Proximity to LGA is the only thing that keeps it going.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shantanu M
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked my room via priceline.com. I got a large room. But I found out that the toilet tank water kept running and I had to fix it myself, the counter-top is cracked granite, kitchen door has cracks too. When asked for discount for the inconvenience, they would not do anything since "you booked from priceline". Tried to print flight ticket in business room and could not get it to work.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2014

Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience and opinion with our Trip Advisor community. We do value your comments and will be addressing the issues, we aim in improving overall guest satisfaction. Thank you again and travel safe

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

In NEW YORK it was nice to stay in this Hotel it is a bit far from Mid town but comparing the price tag it is value for money Nice comfortable room, nice ambience, courteous staff, clean room, all facilities what we can ask for are available. One must consider it before finalising the stay in New York

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with us and the Trip Advisor community. We are pleased to hear that your stay at the LaGuardia Plaza hotel was a pleasant and accommodating experience. We will be sure to let our staff of hospitality professionals know your thoughts about your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon, travel safe.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were returning late in the evening on a Saturday night from London and only needed a hotel with a bar where we could get a drink and something to eat before going to bed. We had to catch an early flight home the next morning and saw good reviews and obviously old pictures of this hotel. The only good thing I can say is that the room was very large and clean. Now for all the bad:1. Non - smoking Room REEKED of cigarettes. Had to sleep with windows open. 2. Had to finally leave bar/restaurant and order pizza delivery from Dominos, as we were never even acknowledged, despite sitting directly in front of 2 employees. 3. When we checked out and told the desk attendant that we had to sleep with window open, he never even commented - NOT A SINGLE WORD! 4. Shuttle to airport was late. 5. Lobby and hallways were dated and run down. The only reason we stayed was that the Hampton Inn next door was fully booked. I would not recommend this unless I really disliked the person I was talking to.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed just one night. Took cab from JFK to Hotel - about a 15 minute trip in the late evening. Cab fare was 31.00. A little high; caused after a "missed turn".

As a airport stop hotel lots of people are up early... like 4am early. lots of banging around. Ear plugs help.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights. The first night I was given a suite instead of the regular room I booked! No extra charge! Lucky I guess! The second night I got a double and it was nice also! The staff was all friendly and helpful! I slept so well! I enjoyed my stays from stay to finish!

• Stayed: June 2014

Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
#11 of 12 in East Elmhurst

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!