Our room was ok- we actually got to look out our window at the giant inflatable rat that everyone talks about.
During our second day at the hotel we attended the US Open to return to a stolen cell phone and (this one is really creepy) 2 of my 8-year old daughters outfits had been taken as well.
We immedidately informed the hotel manager who needed a suggestion to actually come up to the room to talk to us. While he said all the right things including that he would follow-up the next day he didn't do anything. Two days passed without any follow-up from him or anyone else at in the hotel management. I finally found him on the third day and he informed me he had filed a claim with the hotel insurance company and that they would be getting in touch with me. But that was all that was said.
I would not recommend staying here, especially if you have anything of value that you are travelling with. And if you are travelling with any valuables take them with you or be ready to part with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you have come to NY for Business or leisure you will be greeted with a warm welcome and our hospitality will exceed your expectations at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We are located directly across from LaGuardia Airport and eight miles from JFK Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza East Elmhurst
- Crowne Plaza New York
- LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York East Elmhurst