I traveled here from ohio in aug 08 with a large group of family and friends for a friend of the families wedding. When our plane landed I called the hotel as we waited for our luggage and the shuttle was waiting as soon as we stepped outside. Check in was quick and in a breeze. The decor was very 80s-ish, but clean and nice. It was a nice hotel but not any nicer than a holiday inn or anything you would expect for 400 a night. There was also duct tape on the carpet in the revolving door area.
Our room was a queen double, and my fiance and I stayed in one bed and my adult brother in another. The room had those heavy curtains that blocked the light with a clip to keep them from gaping open. A/C worked very well, and I was 8 months pregnant at the time of travel. I actually got cold in the room. We had a mini fridge that worked very well. My only complaint about the room itself is that the bathroom didn't have a fan, vent, or even a small window to let the steam buildup out while you showered. You almost had to shower with the door open to have some relief. We also rented an in-room movie (Cloverfield) and we were informed via the tv screen that the movie would be available for the next 24 hours. Well when we started watching it, we discovered that you could only pause it and not rewind or fast forward, and after the movie played through once it was done. You couldn't re-watch it within that 24 hour period, which I had been under the impression that you could.
The gift shop is terribly overpriced.I forgot hairspray and a travel sized bottle was $3.95 in the giftshop when you could get it for .99 at walmart.
I inquired at the front desk about a body pillow because when I was pregnant I could not sleep otherwise. The man told me that they only had a couple in the whole hotel, and while I was out they would locate one, launder it and have it waiting in my room when we returned. Well when we returned I had no pillow and I asked and the night clerk said there was no such pillows on the property. I was sorely disapointed to say the least. This same night clerk also flirted with me and asked for my number even though I was obviously pregnant and clearly traveling with 2 men.
The hotel isn't really near anything except La Guardia airport and a couple bus stops. I also did not like that here was no public restrooms on the first floor. Our friend chartered a bus and we were all waiting downstairs for the bus and I needed a restroom and had to go all the way to the 2nd floor and couldn't even find them at first.
I would stay here again, but now I am much more financially strapped so definatly not at that rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you have come to NY for Business or leisure you will be greeted with a warm welcome and our hospitality will exceed your expectations at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We are located directly across from LaGuardia Airport and eight miles from JFK Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza East Elmhurst
- Crowne Plaza New York
- LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York East Elmhurst