“Good hotel”

LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 4 January 2010

I have stayed here quite a few times during business trips and have never been disappointed. The staff is always very courteous and helpful. Food is good , pool is great and rooms are well kept. Its a hop, skip and a jump from the airport and the hotel shuttle has never let me down. I do a lot of traveling and I always choose this hotel when I come to NY.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York
Reviewed 4 January 2010

The Crowne Plaza LaGuardia is my favorite hotel by far. I travel for business a lot and can say I've stayed at over a dozen different hotels in the past year. The thing I love about the Crowne is the spacious rooms. I don't feel like the walls are closing in around me. The selection on the room service menu is outstanding. The atmosphere at the bar is very pleasant. The internet service is ultra reliable. When I arrive, I am greeted and checked in very quickly. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank DKNYKD
NEw York
Reviewed 4 January 2010

This hotel could not be closer to Laguardia, and the staff was very accomodating.The food was great, and since I am very into excercise, I was happy to discover a great work out area and a sauna. I would recommend staying there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnL05
Reviewed 1 January 2010

I travel a lot with my job and booked this room because of it's location. I work out of my room a lot and must say that the wireless Internet in this place was great. It was like being at my office. Then when I took a short break for something to eat I ordered room service, not only was the food excellent but it came very quickely. Finally, I had a problem with my shower and I called the front desk and the woman at the front desk was great and sweet too. She sent someone right up and it was fixed. I recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank Mjd05
Philadelphia
Reviewed 31 December 2009

The Crowne Plaza in LaGuardia, NY made our stay there a very pleasant experience. Our visit started with meeting Carolyn at the front desk. She has one of the sweetest and most amazing personalities in the world. When we got up to our room, we were surpised by the spaciousness - usually hotels in the NYC area have very cramped accommodations. We only stayed for a night to catch an early flight in the morning, but it was overall a great experience.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mende82
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 December 2009

Ahh. The joys of flying through LaGuardia. I enjoyed one night here at this Crown thanks to the winter snow storm. I jumped on the shuttle with no reservation hoping to get a room. I did and the people at the desk where very nice.

I didn't get to read the reviews and I guess I would have not stayed if I did but I have to say, I had a very nice stay. It is not brand new but to me, it is more important to have a clean room and good service. They had both.

In my room, it was a typical hotel room. I needed extra pillows and they came promptly. I think the room had new carpeting. The bathroom was very clean. I was impressed with how fast the internet was too. Thank you for not charging for something that should be a standard in all hotels.

I ate dinner and the bar, it was nice. There was an old man bartender who was nice and attentive. The food was surpising really good for a hotel. I had the fish and wow, I was really impressed.

Ok, safe travels.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank thekurtstrauss
ohio
Reviewed 25 December 2009

I traveled here from ohio in aug 08 with a large group of family and friends for a friend of the families wedding. When our plane landed I called the hotel as we waited for our luggage and the shuttle was waiting as soon as we stepped outside. Check in was quick and in a breeze. The decor was very 80s-ish, but clean and nice. It was a nice hotel but not any nicer than a holiday inn or anything you would expect for 400 a night. There was also duct tape on the carpet in the revolving door area.

Our room was a queen double, and my fiance and I stayed in one bed and my adult brother in another. The room had those heavy curtains that blocked the light with a clip to keep them from gaping open. A/C worked very well, and I was 8 months pregnant at the time of travel. I actually got cold in the room. We had a mini fridge that worked very well. My only complaint about the room itself is that the bathroom didn't have a fan, vent, or even a small window to let the steam buildup out while you showered. You almost had to shower with the door open to have some relief. We also rented an in-room movie (Cloverfield) and we were informed via the tv screen that the movie would be available for the next 24 hours. Well when we started watching it, we discovered that you could only pause it and not rewind or fast forward, and after the movie played through once it was done. You couldn't re-watch it within that 24 hour period, which I had been under the impression that you could.

The gift shop is terribly overpriced.I forgot hairspray and a travel sized bottle was $3.95 in the giftshop when you could get it for .99 at walmart.

I inquired at the front desk about a body pillow because when I was pregnant I could not sleep otherwise. The man told me that they only had a couple in the whole hotel, and while I was out they would locate one, launder it and have it waiting in my room when we returned. Well when we returned I had no pillow and I asked and the night clerk said there was no such pillows on the property. I was sorely disapointed to say the least. This same night clerk also flirted with me and asked for my number even though I was obviously pregnant and clearly traveling with 2 men.

The hotel isn't really near anything except La Guardia airport and a couple bus stops. I also did not like that here was no public restrooms on the first floor. Our friend chartered a bus and we were all waiting downstairs for the bus and I needed a restroom and had to go all the way to the 2nd floor and couldn't even find them at first.

I would stay here again, but now I am much more financially strapped so definatly not at that rate.

• Stayed August 2008
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
#11 of 12 in East Elmhurst

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!