“Excelent Hotel to stay.”

Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We love the staff and the facilities. The room was very clean, and very quiet.
The emplyees at the front desk, very cordial and extremely helpful providing information about the places we needed to go and the transportation that we had to get.
We really loved this hotel.
Leon D. Vanegas G.
leon_vanegas@hotmail.com

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2011

I was stranded due to flight cancellation and stayed there one night. The place is a dive with old, beat up furniture and unclean rooms. I asked for a non-smoking room and my room wreaked of cigarette smoke. The chairs in my room had holes and burn marks and the grimey air conditioning unit was unplugged and barely worked. I arrived after midnight and there was suspicious activity in the halls and cleaning staff were cleaning rooms at that time, suggesting hourly rental. I felt very uncomfortable but was stranded. Needless to say, I got very little sleep that night. The next morning, they soaked me over $300 for a stay of less than 8 hours!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Hotel is absolutely fantastic. Rooms are big and clean, new bathrooms, renovated hallways. Service is amazing, everyone is happy and it makes me happy to be here. Airway is my choice hotel. I will always go back when in area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank peter_mercier
Reviewed 28 February 2011

As you may have gathered from the headline, I do NOT enjoy business travel. Airports, security checks, bad food (if any), etc., etc.

I fly frequently between LAX and La Guardia and even though I was originally looking for a simply functional hotel, I lucked out here. The staff was friendly and helpful (especially with the check-in). The rooms are cozy, clean and comfortable. Heck, they even have nice duvet covers and a flat screen TV!

Practically speaking, it's very convenient - for my purposes anyway. It's close to LaGuardia Airport and Citi Field, and just a few short miles from Manhattan. The only drawback is that there's no room service, but I don't like hotel food anyway and you can easily have food delivered directly to your room from a number of great local restaurants.

This is my new regular hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank WRSwan
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Very friendly staff, clean rooms,(love the bethrooms). 10 minutes away from US Open tennis center. We will be back again next year.
Mr. Mendez and friends from room 310.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank linha2010
Reviewed 18 September 2010

...it has all the essentials to make for a comfortable lower cost stay. Rooms are on the smaller size, but very clean and a small fridge is provided. The beds offer up a restful, satisfying night's sleep. The free shuttle service to/from the airport is also very nice. There are no restaurants on site, but there are a couple of NY Diners close by (the Neptune Diner is very good) , as well as the usual NY delis and fast food restaurants. Public transit is nearby for quick access to Manhattan and elsewhere, just ask at the front desk for guidance. Overall, this is a very good deal for a city that is very stingy on good deals.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seairail
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We've just come back from New York city and had to stay in an hotel near the airport due to our return flight being cancelled. We had a quick look online and this hotel looked to be at closed proximity and cheap.

Getting to the hotel we should have just gotten back into the taxi. The hotel looked pretty derelict from the outside but when you get in the lobby you know you'll be in for a horror stay. The lobby is not climatised and the furniture looked downright dirty. After check in, we got into our room which was left without AC on in the middle of a heat wave. The room looked dirty and dated. The bed linen didnt look clean either. The AC made terrible noise that really didnt help with sleeping. The bathroom was the only thing that actually looked like it was cleaned up recently.

The worse is when we got out early in the morning to get to our flight, there were escorts coming in and out and the place looked downright shady.

I can't imagine ever going back to this place again considering there are so many other choices in the area. This is among the worse place i've ever had to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends