“Great hotel, great price”

Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Canada
“Great hotel, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Stayed here for two nights in August 2012. Friendly staff, fully renovated rooms, best price in the area. theres a dunkin donuts right in front of the hotel, parking available, safe, and within minute of the Laguardia airport. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

Room Tip: choose family room (2 double beds, 1 sofa bed)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank zubairpatel27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

Well, my connecting flight out of LaGuardia Airport was delayed due to heavy rain. I called a couple of hotels within the surrounding area and the prices were out of my budget. Luckily for me one of the Delta Customer Service reps told me about the Airway Inn and the layover rate they provide. I decided to give it a try, gave them a call, asked about the layover rate and they told me to come on by. I took a quick cab ride to the place, got to the front desk and was greeted warmly by the front desk clerk. I asked again about the layover rate to make sure since it seemed to good to be true, He reassured me about the rate and directed me to my room.

Once I got to the room, the room went above and beyond my exceptions considering how little I was paying. The room was clean and spacious, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was gorgeous and looked to have been remolded. I was able to get a nap in, take a quick shower and get back to the airport.

I stayed for about 6 hours and only paid a fraction of what the other hotels were asking. Next time I'm in New York, I'll definitely come back here and recommend it to my colleges as well

Room Tip: Ask about the Layover Rate if your stuck at Laguardia
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was visiting before renovation and remember it being old but clean with good service. They told me visit us again after the renovation, and you know what, what a job they did. Plain and simple, wonderful.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank komadina
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

My connecting flight to Chicago was delayed, I was able to rebook it in 6 hours. Since I was on a red eye flight, I was hoping to find a hotel which would provide a room to take a shower and a short nap and not being charged for a full nights stay. After calling so many hotels around in the area I came across this place. After I explained my situation to the clerk on the phone, his name was Richard, he was than happy to assist me with my need by providing me with room and charging me an Airport Layover Rate. I stayed 5 hours and payed a portion of the price that others were looking for. My expectations were overwhelmingly exceeded, nice and comfortable room, nice and comfortable bed, a/c that actually works and new bathrooms etc. Thank you and this hotel will be my number one recommendation for everyone I know.

Room Tip: King size bed
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Niagara Falls, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed their with our family ad another family. It was a little run down but clean and service was excellent. The staff was very efficient in checking in/out. We needed extra blanket and towels, immediate response. We asked for directions and recommendations, always received with a smile. Parking was free and I parked my brand new SUV in the lot for 4 days & it was fine. The Q33 bus was right across the side street 82nd & took us right to Jackson Heights subway. Very convenient to travel with 4 children. Used the R (yellow line) most of the time because it took us right to central park at one end of city & to south ferry at other end. Since its a local train made more stops so u could get off anywhere.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor facing 83rd street. No problems.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Had an unexpected layover in NYC, and booked the Airway inn at the last minute (10:30 PM), The website makes it look pretty "dumpy", but it was pleasantly surprising. I paid $135 at the Airway (as compared to $230 the previous two nights at times square). The Airway was clean, friendly and ha a free airport shuttle.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

We needed a place to stay near LaGuardia because our flight was cancelled. I booked before I left the airport (in White Plains, actually) and was glad I did -- they were completely full when I arrived, and turned away one person in front of me and four people on the phone before they checked me in. (Probably due to weather, lots of flights were cancelled.) The rooms and bathrooms have been renovated, and the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms clean. We requested a nonsmoking room, but the bathroom smelled of smoke and the a/c wasn't on when we arrived, so it was hot, smelly, and generally uncomfortable for about an hour until the a/c cooled it down. Though the beds were comfortable, the sofabed was absolutely not. I do not recommend use of the sofabed unless you have no other choice (as we did). It is a twin size -- no way two people could sleep in it, and the mattress is very uncomfortable.

All in all, my family of 5 was glad to find a place to stay close to the airport without paying a fortune, and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS LaGuardia Airport Hotel Queens
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott

Been to Airway Inn at LaGuardia? Share your experiences!