I used to stay at Marriott properties frequently on business, then switched to Hilton brands. So this past weekend I stayed at this property looking forward to the typical Marriott standards. I can't say I feel like this has occurred. In general the hotel is in OK shape, but our room was good. I think they are in the process of renovating and our room was fine - except for the ventilation. We were sweating all night even with thermostat pushed all the way down. They said they'd have a repair guy come - who did - but it still blew room-temp air. We had to open windows (facing highway in front) which was noisy.
I mentioned this issue to the front desk twice and they said they'd have a manager call, I'm still waiting.
To top it off they charged me for 2 nights parking even though I never even entered the parking garage - and charged an extra garage night for another room where I had family staying. I had to bring it to their attention at which time they removed the charges. Restaurant waiter was also pretty surly to our group of 12 for breakfast...
It was just disappointing. I'm not saying this hotel is a dump or anything like that, it's OK, but I feel like it did not live up to Marriott's usual excellent standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a convenient location and a recently renovated lobby and fitness center, discover a leader among LaGuardia Airport hotels, New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott. Guests are assured a pleasant night's rest with our hotel's signature Marriott Revive bedding and double-paned soundproof windows. This hotel near LaGuardia Airport offers a unique plug-in panel in each room that allows guests to connect their digital devices to a large 32-inch flat-screen TV. As a convenient New York LaGuardia Airport hotel, we are just a short distance from Midtown Manhattan, Long Island and JFK International Airport. Surrounded by the hustle and bustle of New York City and boasting more than 15,000 square feet of renovated event space, our hotel is ideal for special events, corporate meetings and unforgettable wedding receptions. Additionally, all guests have access to a complimentary airport shuttle to LaGuardia Airport. Enjoy a spectacular New York City getaway during your stay at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Laguardia Airport Marriott Hotel East Elmhurst
- Marriott Hotel East Elmhurst
- Marriott East Elmhurst
- East Elmhurst Marriott
- New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott East Elmhurst