“Big shuttle problems, ok after that”

New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Chose this property because it was a Marriott, and the proximity to LGA. Arrived close to midnight, and kept calling to inquire about the shuttle. Told it was coming, waited about 40 minutes, which was not acceptable, especially given the late hour. Maddening thing was that the shuttle went by me once with no attempt to stop and check for "customers". Got to the hotel, the manager was apologetic, and most importantly told me that he would look into the issue and address it.

I was on the 7th floor, clean, comfortable standard issue Marriott room, there is a lot of traffic noise, but surprisingly you don't hear planes. Was able to sleep through it.
The concierge lounge has a nice selection for breakfast.

Reason to stay here....location, location, location!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rhapsodyinblue
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction, and we failed you on that. I will address your concerns with my team and use your feedback to make improvements to our shuttle service. If you would like to discuss this matter in greater detail, please phone me directly at 718-533-3000. I hope that should you visit New York City again you will give us the chance to show you how great we can be.

David.salcfas@marriott.com

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a layover to Aruba. Hotel check in was fast and very friendly even at midnight. There was a long line of airline crew and pilots but the staff served us super fast! Beds were ultra comfortable.

Don't hesitate to book this hotel which offers free shuttle to LGA.

Great service and food offered at on site bar and grill.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank JJAMom

Good Day,

Your comments about your stay at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location).

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

So close you can see as you grab your bags and wait outside for the hotel bus. Oh, ya, you have to call the hotel to get them to come pick you and and for a place that has 2 buses, too slow for me. The hotel is a little dated and could use a "refresh". Towels are soft and the Conseigor room is very good - nice spread in the evening as well as breakfast (they have sausage links, not patties). Even tho I used mobile check-in, I had to go thru the normal process - what's the point?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Cordon J
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Your review will help us make the necessary improvements within the hotel. It will also be discussed during our next team meeting. We hope that next time you’re in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Please feel free to contact me sooner and I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you.

718-533-3000
David.salcfas@marriott.com

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel which charged over $300 for a room. Dining room food was tasteless and unattractive. Service was sloppy. And the hotel had no sign up sheet for shuttle to the airport in the morning, resulting in an overloaded vehicle and several passengers left behind.

Room Tip: Rooms aren't the problem here, but Marriott's refusal to abandon the thick duvets makes slee...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel T
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service. The issues you mentioned are not typical of our hotel and we are incredibly sorry for every inconvenience. Please contact me directly for further assistance with any of these matters at 718-533-3000. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to New York City.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were returning from Antigua and had to have an overnight layover. We were greeted at the front desk by a very personable male clerk who took care of us pleasantly, quickly and efficiently. Once we were settled in our rooms (we were with another couple) we went down to the bar/dinner restaurant for dinner. The food was very good. The room was very clean (I even looked down between the bed and the nightstand). I do have to say that the beds were way too soft. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked. I liked how at the nightstand there were plugs available above the table. I use a c-pap machine at night and it is terrible to have to move a nightstand in order to find a plug in which to plug it in. Also, I liked that there was a charging station above the desk. There were plenty of places to put our luggage out - mine across the chair and on the side table and my husbands on the actual luggage stand. We ate a quick breakfast in the main restaurant which was fine. The shuttles ran every 15 minutes to the airport which was great to get us there on time. Very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaden144
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Good Day,

Thanks for staying with us at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the facilities and services were satisfactory and we provided a positive experience for you! I’ll be sure to share your comments with the team.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We spent one night at the New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott before an early morning flight. The hotel was clean, the beds extremely comfortable, and the staff very attentive and nice. We took a hotel shuttle to the airport and easily made our flight. There was not a lot around the hotel, but the hotel had a nice restaurant. We were able to eat in the lounge because we are gold Marriott members. The lounge food was fine and the lounge was comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank birdie86509
david_salcfas, General Manager at New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Good Day,

Thanks for staying here at the LaGuardia Airport Marriott. We’re glad you experienced our caring service and great hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Although directly across the highway from the airport, you barely hear the auto or air traffic. Obviously they thought this through and built with the right windows. Always clean and a very friendly staff. From the front desk to housekeeping. In fact I want to mention Anita from housekeeping. This woman is wonderful. She went out of her way to ensure I was happy and comfortable. And all the while with a big smile on her face. Thanks Anita! You can't go wrong staying at this hotel except for one issue. They give you a card (not plastic) that allows you to get in and out of the parking structure. The card reader sucks! Every time I stay there I have a problem. I invariably have to push the call button and answer a bunch of questions before they will remotely lift the gate. Obviously their hospitality from front to back is why I keep returning. I just wish they would replace this archaic parking system.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Good Day,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Housekeeping services, especially out associate to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs on your next visit. I will follow up on the parking equipment. It is a project we are planning to upgrade in the future. Please call me when you are returning, so I have the opportunity to discuss it further.

718-533-3000