“As Expected”

Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is located across the freeway of LaGuardia airport which is convenient. The shuttles work great and can go 24 hrs. They are two restaurants onsite. I walked to a restaurant (Buccaneers) a mile and a half away. The rooms are nice as expected. I would recommend this hotel for business and families. It would be nice for extended stays or just an overnight stay. The only complaint would be that there isn't a pool/hot tub at this location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the complimentary shuttle services our hotel provides to LaGuardia Airport. We were however puzzled by your comment about a pool. The Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport does indeed have an outdoor pool which is open to guests from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Thank you again for your comments, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Very busy airport hotel just opposite to the airport, but I can't hear the airport noise inside the hotel. We stayed at room 426, hardly heard any noise outside, although we could hear people walking on the corridor but thats the same everywhere and it was acceptable. Everyone in the hotel were very welcoming, the shuttle bus drivers, front desk staffs and also the lady at the bar. restaurants recommended by the front desk was indeed good quality, and shuttle bus took us there and picked us up back to the hotel! I lost my phone and the hotel staff tried their very best to find it for me, they searched the 2 shuttle buses I took in the morning and also called the diner I went to, fortunately it was my young son who hide it in the buggy. The swimming pool outside was small but clean, we had a sunbath before we checked out. Everything is very nice and worth the money you pay for.

Stayed: July 2014
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

It's always nice when a guest review mentions how friendly and helpful our staff was throughout a stay. Thank you for your review of the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport. We are very pleased to learn that you found us to be of good value and enjoyed the level of service provided by our associates. It is always our desire to take care of our guests and do everything we can to make their experience at our hotel great. Please visit us again soon as it would be an honor to welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I traveled up to NY on a business trip this month and I stuck there because of a bad storm. They cancelled my flight after I already turned in my rental, and all the hotels around the airport that had shuttle service were booked. I called the Courtyard of Marriott by the airport and they were also full but the manager from the evening shift offered us to come and stay in the lobby on comfortable couches, and the shuttle would drive us to the airport in the morning....Wow, talk about customer service. They were so kind, we could have stayed on night in the baggage claim area on cement, since they don't let you go to the gate only when it's time to check in... We had some drinks from the bar and the bartender even walked over and gave us a slice of cheesecake and peanuts... Again very kind and great people. The hotel was modern, clean and beautiful!.... Thank you

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniela B

We truly appreciate you have shared your impressions of the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport Hotel. It is very rewarding to know that our associates took such good care of you during the storm and provided you with a place to stay for the night. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the friendly service you received at our hotel.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great shuttle service to the airport-24 hours, every 15 minutes. The hotel arranged for the shuttle to pick me up on arrival from the car rental drop-off on my arrival also. Big, comfortable bed, nice TV. very efficient check-in and out. Professional operation. Didn't get to sample breakfast as was gone by 4:15am. Aircon was effective but a little noisy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are truly pleased to learn that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay at the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport such as our complimentary shuttle service and the comfort of your room. The next time you are visiting the area we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott across from LGA primarily due to the location. I had worked been working in Poughkeepsie, NY but had an early morning flight out of LGA. Due to a long work day, a 2+ hour drive and returning my rental car, I did not check in until 11 PM and had to leave at 5 AM. (You know you are arriving late and leaving early when you are only surrounded by flight crews.) So although it was a quick stay, it was great. The room was clean and inviting. I slept great - the bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Usually around LGA you can hear planes taking off and landing, but there was almost no airport noise. It was great! Hopefully next time I will be able to stay longer than 6 hours!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lkabernathy
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

A good night’s sleep is essential and we were so glad to hear that you slept so well the night you stayed with us. Thank you for sharing such a positive review for the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport Hotel. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and for a bit longer too.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here to catch an early flight out of LaGuardia and was truly impressed by the quality of the service. They have a business center, but offered to print my boarding pass for me at the desk. Everyone I talked to was incredibly friendly.

I had dinner at the restaurant alone and asked the waiter what menu items were vegan, and they ended up making a special dish for me - which was delicious and just what I wanted.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KirstenB122014

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport Hotel and sharing your positive comments. It is always our pleasure to provide efficient and friendly service to all our guests so we were very happy to read your comment stating how incredibly friendly everyone at the hotel was during your visit. We are also glad that you enjoyed dining at our onsite restaurant, The Big Apple Bar and Grill. The next time you are visiting the area we hope that you will allow us the honor of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here as a result of flying into JFK from Zurich and our flight the next day was out of LaGuardia. We had never been to New York and weren't sure what to expect and were pleasantly surprised! The employees were really sweet and very friendly! Which was great as we had been on a 12 day trip to Switzerland, Germany and France and with the traveling and time difference, we were pretty worn out. We decided to just eat dinner there as they had the buffet set up when we arrived and were glad we did. The food was great -hot and fresh. I believe it was $22 for the full buffet. We used the free airport shuttle very early the next morning and they were right on time and got us there quickly. Glad I booked this hotel for our short stay. Very good experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BlondieblueKentucky
CourtyardNYLaGuardia, General Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

A pleasant surprise is the best kind! At the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport Hotel, it is our goal to provide each and every guest with outstanding service, accommodations and amenities. We are thrilled that your travels brought you to our hotel and that you enjoyed our dinner buffet and complimentary airport shuttle. We hope that if you are ever in the area again, you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back. Thank you.