“The place to stay if you are visiting Citifield!”

Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
tampa, fl
“The place to stay if you are visiting Citifield!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

Excellent place to stay if you are going to NY from out-of-town to see the Mets and Citifield! Very convenient shuttle service from Laguardia Airport to hotel. Hotel is literally 2 minutes from Citifield and employs a very friendly and courteous staff. Rooms are very spacious and clean and although you are directly across the highway from a runway, they are also very quiet to allow a good nights sleep. There is a Greek Diner and other eateries within walking distance of the hotel. Just speak with the shuttle drivers and they will be more than happy to provide you with directions! I will definetely stay here again if I return to NY to see the Mets and Citifield again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
HotelManagerMJ, Owner Representative at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2009
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Courtyard Laguardia Hotel and your trip to Citifield. We are located only 3 miles from Citifield and even with traffic we are only 15 minutes away. I appreciate acknowledging our friendly and courteous staff. We do offer shuttle service to several area restaurants as an additional perk for our guests.

I hope the NY Mets won during your visit. Citifield is a beautiful ballpark and we have a lot to be proud of. We look forward to having you return to the Courtyard Laguardia for years to come.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
MidWest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2009

I am a professional business traveler with over 1M miles on two airlines.

On my first visit, I was looking for a place to stay over in order to catch the first flight in the AM. I remember seeing the statue of liberty lady (someone dressed as the statue!) passing out glasses of wine in the lobby chatting it up. Anyway, the entire trip was text book in that everything happened perfectly. The hotel is located a good 5 minutes from the airport so no worries. They have a refrigerator with lots of deli trays, a bar, a restaurant with all sorts of options. Rooms are your standard Marriott. Room quality is right up there. I noticed that the staff went out of there way to make sure that whatever questions you had, they were answered.

This is my second visit.

Pickup from LGA: The operator informed me of a 10 minute wait. The van came in 3 minutes.

Check-in: My timing is horrible in that there are uniformed pilots and cabin attendants in front of me. Seeing that I'm in a long line, a front desk person gets help. During this check-in frenzy, I'm offered a 1/2 glass of wine from Ms. statue of liberty. Several minutes later, I'm on my way.

Rooms: Still same quality. It's an old hotel but the staff works really hard at maintaining the quality so all fixtures, plumbing, coffee maker, doors, locks, windows are all up to date.

Pool is really clean so I'll probably bring my swim suit next time.

Help: I want to go to the city for an night out but I don't want to spend $40 to get there so off to the front desk. First she wants to know where I'm going, then she pulls a map out to show me exactly where to catch the bus, where to get off, where to xfer for a subway. BTW, you need quarters. I did not so the bus driver let me on for free. Ha, we actually went thru Harlem (rip van winkle) and it's nothing like I had expected. I actually got off at Harlem and walked around a bit. Nice place.

AM: There are red rose petals aligning the inside perimeter of the elevator. Then when you get to the check-out counter, you have yellow rose petals. This is a nice touch. You know, if you spend half of your life away, it's always nice to see these small touches.

Departure: like clock work, every 15 minutes is a bus to yet another flight.

I used to find a hotel in NYC but I find that the morning taxi ride to the airport is hell. I'd rather fight it at night, dine/enjoy life, taxi back, shuttle to airport with no stress. What's worse is any hotel east of LGA as the morning ride to LGA is hell.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for your candid review of your experiences not only once but twice while a guest of the Courtyard Laguardia Hotel. We appreciate your kind words about the staff and in particular Ms. Liberty. She always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Ms. Liberty is a wonderful asset to the hotel and our guests and we are truly blessed to have her as part of our team.

Our hotel is conveniently located 2 minutes from Laguardia airport and we are fortunate to have easy access to public transportation in Manhattan "The Big Apple" Thanks for choosing the Courtyard Laguardia Hotel and for allowing us to be your "New York Connection"

minneapolis, mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2009

We spent two nights and had a really pleasant experience. The staff was incredibly helpful, knowledgable, friendly and courteous. Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We took the bus and subway into Manhattan and the directions provided by the hotel staff were perfect. We'd never visited NYC before and felt absolutely comfortable navigating the public transit system with the help of Courtyard's printed instructions and personal attention. We would definitely choose this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
livorno italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

I stayed here on May 30th and it is a basic courtyard hotel. The staff was friendly and very accomdating. The hotel is located about 5 min ride to the LGA Airport and they provide 24 hr shuttle service which is great. There are a few places to eat and etc on the area in walking distance which was great.

The hotel is a bit dated and I think carpets should be taken out of all hotels in my opinion, you can see the wear and tear in the carpet. Nothing fancy it was decent and good for a 1 night stay to catch and early flight out of LGA. 1 night is okay but longer than that I wouldn't stay.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
HotelManagerMJ, Owner Representative at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 27 June 2009
We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to provide a memorable experience for our guests by offering superior customer service and comfortable accommodations. By 2010 most Courtyards will have undergone a transformation and should improve the look of the brand. You can see a preview at go courtyard dot com.

Once again thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Laguardia.

Rich Murphy
Asst. G.M.
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

We stayed one night at the Laguardia Courtyard by Marriott when visiting the area for our son's graduation from St. John's University (about 12 minutes away via Grand Central Pkwy). The location was perfect and, although in the morning, you could slightly hear the jets rumble down the runway, the soundproofing was very good. The airport is literally right across the street! Access to the highway is simple, which made travel back and forth to campus easy.
The room, while not overly spacious, contained two very comfortable beds with plenty of pillows. A refrigerator and coffee pot were available as well. The room and bathroom were spotless.
The hotel offers a free shuttle to several area restaurants, as well as a shuttle-for-a-fee into the city. Parking was $19 for the day - not outrageous for NYC - and allows in and out access as much as you need.
The staff was extremely nice and welcoming. Free goodie bag (cookies, Nutri-grain bars, water bottle, pen) at check-in was a nice touch, as were the free fresh-baked cookies in the afternoon and the apples the next morning. They also offered daily activities and weeknight receptions - however we stayed only one night (Saturday) and did not experience any of these activities.
We paid a very reasonable $135 ($118 plus taxes) - really VERY affordable for the city - and it would have been very easy to take public transportation into the city (short walk to bus, then short ride on subway) or to take advantage of the shuttle. Seems like a great alternative to the cost of staying in Manhattan.
Only complaint was a small one concerning the cost of the buffet breakfast in the morning - $14.99! The bagel and fruit I had were very good - but that is a LOT of money for a bagel! My husband got more out of it than I did - but there were no alternatives. Probably should have just hit the road earlier and stopped at Dunkin' Donuts!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pscho57
HotelManagerMJ, Owner Representative at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2009
Thank you for your candid feedback about your stay. We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Our goal is to provide a memorable experience for our guests by offering superior customer service and hosting nightly "uniquely NY" inspired events. Our weekend events are during the morning hours and include a caricaturist and sampling locally made Italian Ices. Im sorry you didn't have the opportunity to join us.

I am delighted to hear the hotel offered a convenient location and everything you needed to enjoy your trip to New York. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Laguardia Hotel

New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2009

Service is exceptional. Stayed for two nights. Drove into NYC and parked in Broadway. Easy drive. Enjoyed large room and be sure to check out the nightly activities with Lady Liberty. Perfect place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank H5familytravels
HotelManagerMJ, Owner Representative at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2009
On behalf of my staff I want to thank you to stay with us.

I am glad you had a great time and you enjoyed yourself

Let us know if we could do better for your next visit

Essi. p. Director of housekeeping
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2009

This hotel is very well located next to the airport with a good shuttle bus service, however I did find it to be expensive and a bit out-dated. I honestly was not disturbed from any airport noise.
I paid ( what they claimed was a good rate) $224 for my room and when I went down for breakfast I had to pay extra..
The rooms were clean and had all the usual comforts that you need ( Shower, complimentary toiletries, hairdryer, iron, TV, internet access, comfy bed) , so can't really complain about it from that perspective.
On the night the bar only offered a small selection of fast food so we took the hotel shuttle bus ( free of charge) to Joeys.. a local bar where the food was good.
I didn't find the staff over friendly.. they always seem preoccupied with something else.. apart from the bar man - he made you feel like his best friend.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS LaGuardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!