“Convenient location for both LGA and Manhattan”

Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Varese, Italy
“Convenient location for both LGA and Manhattan”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

This Courtyard is within high standards of Marriott
Everything goes fine - kind staff - clean and comfortable rooms on time LGA shuttle running 24 hours every 15 minuts and they mean it ......they run on time.
Across the street you can catch bus Q33 connecting to 7 subway train to Manhattan

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Denver
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I currently live in Colorado, but grew up on the East coast in Connecticut. Every year since 1998 I have traveled back home and usually fly into New York (since its cheaper) and then drive to Connecticut. Every time I go home, I always stay in a hotel near the airport the night before my flight. I have stayed in many hotels around LaGuardia airport for some reason, never this one... and let me tell you I will never stay at a different hotel from here on out! The staff was great, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and it was just a really nice place to stay on the last day of my vacation! The manager, Richard Murphy was the most impressive part of the hotel! My son had just turned 3, and so his temperament is a little "unpredictable", instead of getting an evil eye from Richard, he came over and actually got my son to settle down before causing a scene! He was great with his staff, he was knowledgeable about the area and recommended an amazing Chinese restaurant. I am not one that likes to fill out surveys, but Richard, his staff, and the hotel amazed me so much that I felt compelled to tell other people about my experience!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank DenverMom09
CourtyardLaGuardia, Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2010
Thank you very much for your kind review. It was truly my pleasure to assist you and your family during your visit. Being a dad I know all too well how difficult traveling with toddlers can be so it was rewarding to see my tactics worked. I am positioned in the lobby with the express purpose of making a difference by positively impacting our guests stays and Im happy to have met you and your family. I hope next years trip "back East" will result in a stopover at our hotel.

Assistant General manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 August 2010

The location for me was great as I needed to be in Manhattan and Long Island and the hotel is conviently located on a major highway half way between both points.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a very late flight and the manager arranged for a late check out which was a huge help for me.
The room was very large and spotless and the bed is heaven to sleep in.
Free coffee and cookies in the lobby an extra treat.
I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank kz24
Thank you very much for your positive review about your stay. Im delighted to hear we could extend a late check out before your international flight and that my staff and I were friendly and helpful. You are correct that our hotel offers convenient accessibility into Manhattan and Long Island via the Grand Central Parkway located just a couple of blocks away. I hope future stays into the NYC/Laguardia area bring you back "home" to the Courtyard LGA.

Assistant General Manager
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I've stayed in several hotels throughout New York, but this was the least value. It was clean enough. The staff was cordial (bellman was great). Rough sheets and towels but good enough. There wasn't anything wrong, just a high rate. I guess you are paying for the location and easy access to LaGuardia.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
CourtyardLaGuardia, Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2010
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you mentioning the cordial staff especially our bellmen. While NY hotel are pricey at times we do provide many complimentary items such as apples, coffee, evening cookies, beer and wine tastings that we feel adds value to the cost of the room.

Once again thank you for your review.

Asst G.M.
Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Spent a weekend at this hotel and very happy. Excellent weekend rate, friendly staff, good food, drinks, and extremely clean. Housekeeping staff exceptional.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
CourtyardLaGuardia, Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2010
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I’m delighted to hear our location, staff and weekend rates met your expectations and that you felt we were the best hotel in the LaGuardia area. Keep us in mind when future trips bring you to the NYC area.
Richard J Murphy Assistant GM
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2010

This is great if you need to catch an early morn flight from laguardia......5 minutes....it's clean.....i would not suggest this place as a new york hotel if visiting the city although Manhattan can be reached rather easy.....there's the 7 train which will take 30 mins or even a car ride 20 mins....kennedy airport is south about 20 minutes cab/car...this is not far from arthur ash stadium or mets citifield....10 max cab/car ride..

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. As you mentioned we are conveniently located to LaGuardia Airport which allows guests easy access to catch an early flight. With arguably the best public transportation system in the US, getting into Manhattan is easy using our printed directions and subway maps to guide you. After one trip you’ll be navigation the subways like a true “New Yawker”. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay.

Richard J Murphy Assistant GM
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 9 May 2010

The recap of the good and bad follows:

1. The room was clean overall, better than most. The rooms look recently updated.
2. The in room phone looks original; may have been last sanitized 20 years past.
3. The road noise from the side facing Laguardia is too much, even for a heavy sleeper.
4. The rooms have controllable thermostats, but they seem limited in changing temp.
5. The blow dryer and iron in the room did not work.
6. The exercise room is old and mangy: It could use a face lift.
7. The full service restaurant is better than most hotels.
8. I reported the problem with road noise, however they did not move me to the other side, even though the hotel did not appear full. I am Marriott rewards member, but don't often report problems. In the few times I have reported one recently, they have not been resolved. This is different than my experience with them from years ago.
9. Adding it all together, it is on the better than average side of hotels in the East. For the price, it is not a good value.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tuffstuff
CourtyardLaGuardia, Manager at Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2010
Thank you for your candid review of your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Laguardia. Judging by your comments it would appear we hit a homerun when it comes to the room cleanliness and restaurant yet struck out with some of our amenities such as the iron, hairdryer and our work out facility. We are planning to replace the fitness equipment shortly. This will result in a higher quality workout for our valued guests. Im sorry our staff did not seem empathetic when you mentioned your room was noisy. Even if we were busy we could have helped accommodate a room change. I will review your comments with our staff with an effort to improve the guest experience for our guests.

Richard Murphy
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!