“Shield Rally Weekend”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in East Greenbush
Reviewed 29 April 2012

From the time we arrived at the hotel, we were treated wonderfully. We want to thank Mike at the desk and the rest of the staff for their hospitality. The rooms were kept immaculate, kudos to the cleaning staff. The contenential breakfast was a great start to our day. We would recommend this hotel to family and friends. Thank you again Mike and staff.

The Forsaken Guns LEMC

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My family and I stayed here after researching a good quality and clean hotel in the Troy, New York area. We were attending a family funeral and they gave us the bereavement rate of $74.00 a night with no questions asked.From the moment we checked in we were treated like a special guest . Our room was very clean and had a new television in it.The breakfast was such a great touch and it was a full breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles, various breads and bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals and even french toast. There was milk,coffee,juices and teas. The dining area was clean and inviting and we even had people taking away any trash from our tables. Come to find out it was the asst. mgr and he went out of his way to make each and every guest in that dining area feel welcome. He conversed with alot of the people in there. We needed to use the computer thay had in the lobby but the printer was acting up so I asked the desk clerk to help me figure out the problem. He had someone there to fix the printer in about two minutes. Totally unexpected. We had a rough week but they made it seem effortless. I love the linens but new matresses are needed. The only thing I see that could be added to make travel there better is to have a indoor pool for kids when families are traveling. We had to leave in the early morn hours (about 3am) and they slipped our bill under the door for us to make check out so easy. We even recieved a thank you for staying email from them upon our return home. This is a first for us and quite a nice thing to do. I would definatly stay here again this summer upon our return to see family again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a newer matress.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We have tried several Marriott brand properties for overnight visits to family and this was the most basic accommodation but the best price for a weekday stay. It was convenient to highways and the Amtrak station, however, and getting around was very easy (but is hard to spot from the access roads). The nearby Residence Inn is more comfortable but pricier. Didn't have the free breakfast; walked through the parking lot to the adjacent Denny's for a hot meal.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were on our way to visit our Grandkids in Boston and had our fill of Thurway driving for the day when we pulled into the Albany/East Greenbush Fairfield Inn. The hotel is located within sight of the I-90 exit. At check in we were welcomed with warm chocolate chip cookies and a very friendly and helpful desk clerk. He gave us a first floor room as requested and directions to the nearby shopping area and restaurants [ less than 1/2 mile down the road ]. When we got to our room we were surprised that it was newly renovated and had a flat screen TV and mini refridgerator for only $93 a night. My husband, who usually complains about the beds, raved about how great a nights sleep he had. We had a great breakfast before checking out, complete with fresh made waffles and breakfast sandwiches and all of the usual items. The only down side to the hotel is that they only have an outdoor pool [ which might be important in the cold seasons to families that are traveling.] We will stop here again on our next trip to visit the Grandkids.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cambridgecollector
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We recently stayed here for one night (more like 12 hours). We were looking for a clean, cheap place right off I-90 in the Albany area. This fit the bill. We arrived around 10 and left by 9 the next morning. I picked a double room b/c it was the cheapest and it really was a double bed. The room was right near the elevator and I was concerned about noise but I didn't hear it at all. Breakfast was okay but as it was included in the already cheap price, I am not complaining.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fireweed09
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed for one night while in Albany for work. I found my room to really be showing its age with wear and tear. Carpet was very worn and the curtains were oddly stained. Breakfast included both hot and cold items and the night I was there, they were offering a dinner buffet as well. I didn't eat there, but might be nice for those on a strict budget. The biggest negative in my mind though is that the room was very noisy. I heard everything my neighbors on either side and above me were doing. If the price is right or it is near where you are visiting, I might consider this hotel, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We were in area for the day and the Fairfield was in a good location for us. Took advantage of the senior discount. Room was clean and quiet. Good internet connection & good breakfast. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Greenbush
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Gr...
#1 of 2 in Castleton On Hudson
Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush? Share your experiences!