“New Menu Item...Needs Some Work”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We don't usually review the places we frequent or chain restaurants; but sometimes something catches either good or bad and needs comment.
We stopped and this Cracker Barrel tonight and saw that it had added BBQ ribs to the menu. I opted to try them and was not really impressed. The portion sized is good enough for the money, especially considering the sides, muffins, etc. that come with the meals there; but the ribs need some work.
I've eaten a lot of ribs and the best of them are cooked long, low and slow. These were not. I'm guessing these were cooked in less than about 4 hours time--that's just not enough to produce that "fall off the bone" texture that defines good ribs.
It seems that they also might be relying too much on sauce...just my guess on that...for the flavoring instead of a good rub that is another part of the best of the ribs.
We'll surely be back to Cracker Barrel, this one and others; but I don't think I'll eat the ribs again unless someone assures me that they've adjusted their methods.

There are newer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just wanted to get out and enjoy a quite night out with dinner. What a perfect meal and atmosphere. Staff were friendly and tentative.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

You can count on a very good meal at Cracker Barrell. We have had family brunches or dinners here quite a number of times. The service is excellent! We would go back anytime!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We enjoy dining here. Reasonably priced. Decent food. Daily specials. Never have I had a bad meal. Love the corn muffins. I've visited with a few of my retired friends and we sat and chatted over lunch for a few hours. Staff would stop by to see if we needed anything else. Very attentive.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I had a coffee with blueberry pancake for breakfast which was delicious with worm syrup.
nice restaurant with nice shop with simple and old decoration.