Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in East Greenbush
Lockport, IL
“Retro Stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

First off, it's America's Best Value. Please don't expect a high end Hotel with all the bells and whistles. It's a clean property with polite staff.
Features include, hot morning coffee in the lobby, an outdoor pool, self serve laundry facilities for guests, a brochure rack featuring local attractions. Most importantly, comfortable beds to sleep in with a clean bathroom.It had a look and feel which reminded me of the motels my family would stay in on vacation when I was a kid.
We had a later check in and didn't have to ring a door bell or talk to the clerk through a glass window like some other properties I've stayed at when checking in late.
I would recommend this property for a night of relaxation and a good sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CWLindblom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed once on way to Boston, then 2 nights on return (friends in area); this motel fits my needs perfectly: cost-conscious, clean, parking in front of door, GREAT location with FF places and 24-7 supermarket and DD close by; Route 4 runs for miles and is 1 long strip of stores, malls, etc.
Great stand-up shower; TV, remote fine... family owned/operated by nice younger couple; has all the basics.... no frills in sense of continental breakfast or any of that, but does have mini-fridge, micro-wave, table, working desk... fairly big room... Have read ALL the reviews - don't understand the negativity of some... beautiful beds of flowers and landscaping; bed/pillows all comfortable... this is my place of choice from now on...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Excellent hotel and staff!!! and great rates!!!Excellent hotel and staff!!! and great rates!!!! and great rates!!!Excellent hotel and staff!!! and great rates!!!Excellent hotel and staff!!! and great rates!!!Excellent hotel and staff!!! and great rates!!!

Room Tip: Excellent hotel and staff!!! and great rates!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank D M
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Although the hotel is dated, our room was clean neat and and the staff friendly. They were attentive to our needs and tried their best to make this comfortable for us. I've seen some bad reviews on here but people seem to think that for 55 a night they are entitled to the Marriott. If you want the Marriott go there and pay double to triple the price.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Sturgishd
Green Bay
Reviewed 8 November 2012

My husband and I were on our way back from our Northeastern vacation and we needed a place to stop and sleep around midnight. The first place we stopped creeped us out (refer to a separate review I did for that). We drove straight here and we given the same rate that I found on Expedia when we pulled in which was less than the previous place that told me there wasn't anyplace that we could get a lower rate than him...we did. The desk person was very helpful and was able to get us in our room quickly which was appreciated since we had a long day and were ready for some sleep. The room was very large, very clean and just what we needed. I will say the bed was a little hard (different from firm), but we were so tired it didn't really matter at that point. The bathroom was dated, but was clean and served it's purpose. We were happy with our stay and would recommend this as a stop on the way too or from your destination.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Singer73170
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Very clean- nice location and friendly service- there is a very nice pool and the rooms are very comfortable. The location is also right off the 90 but better priced than the other hotels. There are also many resturaunts nearby and shopping.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Rsantucc
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 1 August 2012

First of all, I am giving this a 5/5 for the price. If I pay $70 bucks ish for a room I do not expect anything super. I expect the basics: bed, bathroom, fridge, clean. For the price, we got everything we needed.

We came to Albany to do the Bar exam in July 2012 (me and my friend). We needed a quite big room and two desks. When we arrived in the room there was only one desk. I spoke to reception and explained the problem and they sorted out another desk and chair for us within 10 minutes. It was great service.

The owners were friendly folks and they wished us luck on our exam several times which was kind of them to do so. I saw some of the other rooms when I was staying at the hotel and they all seemed fine. The rooms above the reception were not as new as the rooms surrounding the parking lot, however, even they looked ok for a couple of days stay for the price you pay.

I read a lot of the other reviews on the website prior to staying there and after having stayed in the hotel for 4 days, I can only imagine these reviews were provided by people either 1. being deliberately critical or 2. over sensitive travellers.

I would say go ahead and book this place, I did and I was very pleased I did for the price!

Room Tip: If you are doing the bar exam, make sure you have a car to get to the exam center.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin M
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Greenbush
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Gr...
#1 of 2 in Castleton On Hudson
Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany? Share your experiences!