“Awesome stay!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Greenbush
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Awesome stay!”
Reviewed 21 November 2007

WE LOVED IT!! I don't have even one bad thing to say about this hotel. For the same price as a regular hotel room we got a 1 bedroom suite here! The staff was great, giving our hungry kids cereal after swimming as a treat before bed. The pool was great, loved the huge hot tub. Loved the "supermarket" at the front desk where you can buy little meals to heat up in your room. This place has all the benefits of renting a condo with all the benefits of a hotel. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Stayed November 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
hartford ct
Reviewed 11 February 2007

Our family came to stay at the Residence Inn for a week and we could not have been happier! The front desk staff, especially Amanda, went above and beyond our expectations. She baked us cookies and went out of her way to assure we had everything we needed. The rest of the front desk staff was pleasant and friendly as well. Our housekeeper was attentive to our needs and our room was always clean and comfortable. Free breakfast buffet in the morning was more than satisfactory as well as a lite supper at night. Free beer and wine was a bonus!! If I am ever in need to travel to the Albany area again I know where home is!!

• Liked — Friendliest staff I have ever encountered at a hotel
  • Disliked — nothing comes to mind!!
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Travellingfam
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 23 October 2006

We spent one night here as a stop-over on a family road trip. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel.

Our room was enormous - a suite with two bedrooms, two baths, a living room and kitchenette. Three TVs, too. It is a great value for anyone needing to stay in the area on business or as a stop-over hotel like we did.

The pool is big and clean. Workout room is small, but the equipment and room are well-maintained. Breakfast is included with the room, and they really had a range of breakfast foods to please everyone. Only criticism is there was only one waffle maker, and that appeared to be the most popular thing in the room. There was a long line for the waffle maker, and then it broke/burnt out. Everyone was disappointed!

The lobby area has a nice "living room" feel with a couch and chairs in front of a fireplace, a large flat-screen TV (CNN was on), and books and board games to borrow. Just up the road is a large shopping center (with a Target) where you can stock up on anything you need. It's in a peaceful, wooded setting, yet right off the highway.

Overall, a large, clean suite with decent amenities at a fair price.

• Liked — Very large suites and free hot breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — Target is down the street
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank layla72
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 27 August 2006

I stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn East Greenbush this past weekend in a 1-bedroom suite. We were promptly greeted at the front desk and asked for a rollaway, but the woman at the front desk was rude until she saw me getting out my Marriott Elite card, which was not good service. The rollaway was then brought up to the room shortly after.

The room was ok, but smelled of smoke. All Marriott properties are now non-smoking, so beware of getting a room that once was a smoking room because that's what happened to us. The smell did not go away even when we had the windows open.

The kitchen was not as clean as I thought it should have been. The top of the dishwasher was gross and there were crumbs left around the toaster. Lots of them.

The breakfast was not good. I am a frequent Marriott guest and I can tell you that the breakfast I had recently at a Comfort Inn was better than the one here.

Overall, I did not find this property to be up-to-par with other Residence Inns that I have stayed at, which was disappointing.

Some good things: close parking, free parking, you can bring your pet(s) for a fee, free newspaper(s), pool open until 10pm , small exercise room, free drinks all day (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices), business center with PC.

I'd have to say, if I were staying here for a business trip, it would have been better, but this isn't the place you want to stay on vacation or on a weekend getaway like I did with my family.

• Liked — Free drinks 24/7
  • Disliked — Room smelled like smoke; bad breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — I would only stay here again for a short business trip... maybe!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
4 Thank TechWriterCor
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 April 2006

What a friendly and professional staff. The rooms were spacious and clean. I have never stayed at a hotel where the staff were so pleasant and seemed to really enjoy their jobs! Everything was great!

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2005

Most extended stay hotels feel like a motel with a kitchenette. This is the first one I've been in that felt like a comfortable apartment once you stepped into the room. The beds are comfortable, the linens are of excellent quality, and the service was excellent. The hot breakfast buffet was about the same as what you get at a Courtyard, but it's free. The WiFi works great in the rooms and there's no extra charge.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank MrSnarkyPants
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Greenbush
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Renaissance Albany Hotel

Been to Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley? Share your experiences!