Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Greenbush
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our extended family stayed here for a wedding. The rooms are large and well designed, as per residence inn standards. I liked the room layout and everything was clean and relatively new. Everything seemed clean and the beds were comfortable.

Whoever chooses the cooking pots and utensils needs to rethink some things. Why have only metal utensils with teflon cookware?? Of course it was all scratched up. I also question the layout and design of the hotel with respect to access for someone with a disability. The ramps leading to the front entrance are not laid out right and i don't see how a handicapped person could open both layers of entrance doors without assistance. Just maneuvering the luggage cart through there was a challenge- I needed someone to hold the door open for me. I don't recall seeing one of those auto door openers. Also the parking lot fills up and the entrance road intersection is an accident waiting to happen.

I was disappointed with the breakfast. The hot food ran out early and there was little hot food to choose from to begin with. I've seen better from hotels that charge 1/3 this daily rate. I will say the staff was very accommodating and the place was clean.

One of the people in our group tried to extend their stay an extra night, after the wedding. They were not given the wedding block rate, but instead quoted the walkup rate which was nearly double. So, they changed their mind and went home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Residence Inn T, General Manager at Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and choosing to stay with us during your family's special wedding weekend. We also thank you for the nice comments about the service you received from our staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We do our best to make sure we provide all of our guests the services that they need to make their stay as comfortable while being away from home.

We apologize for the disappointment you had with our Hot and Cold Breakfast Buffet. We appreciate your attention to this matter, and will do our best to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences in the future.

We appreciate your business for allowing us to be your "home away from home" while being on the road for you and your family. We do look forward to hosting your overnight accommodations again in the near future.

Jonathan Andreadakis, General Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom suite with five adults. There was plenty of room and the hotel was clean and had everything you would need in an extended stay hotel.

The work out room was clean and well enough equipped. the breakfast had tons of choice.

The staff were friendly and I would definately go back if i was in the area.

Overall it was a great short stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Residence Inn T, General Manager at Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you and your friends again!

Jonathan Andreadakis, General Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I brought 4 teenagers on a shopping trip. Although this hotel was a little far from the malls it was worth the trip. We booked a one room suite giving the kids their own space and me privacy as well. The room was very clean and fit our needs so well. Great to have the fridge for the dinner leftovers. The staff went out of their way to get us extra towels and shampoo. They were always very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was great as well. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Special thanks to Danielle! She went the extra mile to get me back in the room I wanted after it was taken away while on vacation. I live in hotels all week, this place for at least 6 months, they make you feel right at home. I've stayed in all the hotels around the Capital Region, this is the best.

Room Tip: Third floor but I won't tell you which room is the best because I want to keep it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here for about a week and I really enjoyed my stay. The front desk girl named Danielle was exceptional and very helpful. She provided us with awesome service and greated us with a great smile and always was there when I needed directions and help with the surrounding area. We were sad we were not able to say goodbye to her. John the general manager was also very caring and answered all questions I had about my rate. These two could not have been more helpful. By far the best service I have had with a residence inn in a long time! I will deffinatley be back next year!

Room Tip: High floor deffinatley
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is a typical Residence Inn. The staff is friendly but not overly so. The breakfast was average with nothing outstanding with the typical cereals, bread products, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, potatoes, limp turkey bacon, pancakes, yogurt, milk, tea, coffee, bowl of cut fruit, cake donuts, just your average RI breakfast. The rooms were typical, but not unusual. Just your average Residence Inn.

Room Tip: Ground floor was good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Driving up to the hotel it reminds me of the other Residence Inn's I have stayed. Except the parking area was extremely small. There looks like construction going on, and about 10-15 spaces were occupied by large shipping containers. I had to walk the whole length of the hotel to get to my room. Inside the carpet in the halls has an old hotel feel. The room was the normal. The breakfast was absolutely dreadful. You can tell when product from a previous day is turned into something "new". This new dish of potatoes mixed w/ sausage was deplorable at best.

Not sure if I would stay again.....just not what I was expecting from Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JuniorCritic
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Greenbush
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Gr...
#1 of 2 in Castleton On Hudson
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany

Been to Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley? Share your experiences!