“Amazing service and staff”

Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Greenbush
East Greenbush, New York
“Amazing service and staff”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was pleasantly pleased with the outstanding service and politness with the staff wduring my stay. Donna and RJ were ver yaccomodating and assisted with any questions I had not only with the local area but with hotel accomodations. I would recommend this specific hotel anytime when in this area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Residence Inn T, General Manager at Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and choosing our hotel for your overnight accommodation needs. We also would like to thank you for the kind words in regards to the service you received while staying with us.

Jonathan Andreadakis, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hanover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We spent one night here in Sept. of 2013 after having stayed here previously in 2012. We had requested a rollaway bed and were told there were none even though we checked in at 2:30. Suite rooms state they sleep 5 but only have a queen bed and double bed fold out sofa. Our room was not as clean as it should have been - we found used napkins next to the dresser which weren't ours. In the past the hotel has had complimentary cookies in the afternoon and we were told they did not have them anymore. We stayed on the first floor and had a child or loud person above us who was running around late in the evening. Pool was not as clean as usual - questionable brown stuff on the bottom. The breakfast was very hectic and counter space was not cleaned regularly. One employee was running around trying to restock and clean and he seemed stressed. I do like Residence Inns because of the kitchen and this location is good for us so I will most likely stay again but I am hoping that some of these items are improved before our next stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Residence Inn T, General Manager at Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be your "home away from home" while being on the road for you and your family. We would like to thank you for writing about your experience with us, and we do apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay this time.

We have brought this attention to our staff and will be using it to improve our hotel to better serve our guests in the future.

We thank you again for choosing to stay with us each time you are in the area, and we do hope we can regain your trust in the Residence Inn Tech Valley so that we can host your overnight accommodation again in the near future.

Philly
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our extended family stayed here for a wedding. The rooms are large and well designed, as per residence inn standards. I liked the room layout and everything was clean and relatively new. Everything seemed clean and the beds were comfortable.

Whoever chooses the cooking pots and utensils needs to rethink some things. Why have only metal utensils with teflon cookware?? Of course it was all scratched up. I also question the layout and design of the hotel with respect to access for someone with a disability. The ramps leading to the front entrance are not laid out right and i don't see how a handicapped person could open both layers of entrance doors without assistance. Just maneuvering the luggage cart through there was a challenge- I needed someone to hold the door open for me. I don't recall seeing one of those auto door openers. Also the parking lot fills up and the entrance road intersection is an accident waiting to happen.

I was disappointed with the breakfast. The hot food ran out early and there was little hot food to choose from to begin with. I've seen better from hotels that charge 1/3 this daily rate. I will say the staff was very accommodating and the place was clean.

One of the people in our group tried to extend their stay an extra night, after the wedding. They were not given the wedding block rate, but instead quoted the walkup rate which was nearly double. So, they changed their mind and went home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Residence Inn T, General Manager at Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and choosing to stay with us during your family's special wedding weekend. We also thank you for the nice comments about the service you received from our staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We do our best to make sure we provide all of our guests the services that they need to make their stay as comfortable while being away from home.

We apologize for the disappointment you had with our Hot and Cold Breakfast Buffet. We appreciate your attention to this matter, and will do our best to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences in the future.

We appreciate your business for allowing us to be your "home away from home" while being on the road for you and your family. We do look forward to hosting your overnight accommodations again in the near future.

southwest ontario
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom suite with five adults. There was plenty of room and the hotel was clean and had everything you would need in an extended stay hotel.

The work out room was clean and well enough equipped. the breakfast had tons of choice.

The staff were friendly and I would definately go back if i was in the area.

Overall it was a great short stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Residence Inn T, General Manager at Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you and your friends again!

Malone, New York, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I brought 4 teenagers on a shopping trip. Although this hotel was a little far from the malls it was worth the trip. We booked a one room suite giving the kids their own space and me privacy as well. The room was very clean and fit our needs so well. Great to have the fridge for the dinner leftovers. The staff went out of their way to get us extra towels and shampoo. They were always very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was great as well. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
East Greenbush, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Special thanks to Danielle! She went the extra mile to get me back in the room I wanted after it was taken away while on vacation. I live in hotels all week, this place for at least 6 months, they make you feel right at home. I've stayed in all the hotels around the Capital Region, this is the best.

Room Tip: Third floor but I won't tell you which room is the best because I want to keep it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here for about a week and I really enjoyed my stay. The front desk girl named Danielle was exceptional and very helpful. She provided us with awesome service and greated us with a great smile and always was there when I needed directions and help with the surrounding area. We were sad we were not able to say goodbye to her. John the general manager was also very caring and answered all questions I had about my rate. These two could not have been more helpful. By far the best service I have had with a residence inn in a long time! I will deffinatley be back next year!

Room Tip: High floor deffinatley
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Greenbush
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Gr...
#1 of 2 in Castleton On Hudson

Been to Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley? Share your experiences!