“excellent experience, top notch service”

The Baker House 1650
Ranked #6 of 11 East Hampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 February 2013

After staying in several B&Bs out East, this is easily my favorite! Great service, friendly non stuffy vibe, delicious food, comfy rooms with cozy fireplaces, excellent common areas, beautiful property and gardens. Grab the gardiner room if you can!

Room Tip: stay in the main house
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Baker House 1650

Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

The Baker House is our home away from home in East Hampton. They make you feel like fabulous guests at a gorgeous old estate. We've stayed in the Gardiner Room - absolutely beautiful views of the gaden, fireplace and window seat. You're made to feel like an old friend, from the front desk staff, the incredible breakfasts, and the low-key honor bar. They really know how to make you feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 2 October 2012

If I could give more stars....I would! I can't say enough wonderful things about every element of The Baker House. The house is beautifully appointed, the staff is extremely warm and welcoming, our guest room was beautiful, comfortable, spacious, very quiet, with comfortable linens and Frette towels. While it's located just down the street from the heart of East Hampton, it's tucked away like a secret garden and the staff truly make you feel as though you're staying at a family friends home. The breakfast was incredibly delicious, with several fresh and creative choices daily, along with fresh juice, bagels, cream cheese, fresh fruit, coffee, etc. The spa was an even bigger treat. It's the most special and intimate spa experience I've ever experienced - (and I highly recommend Dawn and Christine!). In addition, the grounds are beautifully maintained, and the pool and lawn are so inviting. My fiancé and I will definitely be making a trip to the Baker house a new tradition! It is such a special place and I'm so glad we learned of it!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the Gardiner room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 11 September 2012

The house itself is very charming,the room was just ok.the noise level from the street is quite annoying but nothing like the pounding on the outside door for 15 minutes at 10:30pm. We were relaxing ,I thought that's what places like this was for! when I phoned the front desk to find out what raucous was about I was told it had something to do with service dogs? I never knew a dog that knocked instead of barking I found the apology weak & insincere. The bathrooms were very inconvenient, not enough space for any appliances etc. Old is charming, but an old distorted mirror is not!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Hairguy53
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Baker House once again and we can't think of a better place. The Staff is most welcoming, our bedroom was wonderful with the best linens, wonderful bathroom and the breakfast is a simple treat. We have brought our family from Europe to visit and everyone had a wonderful stay. Don't miss the gorgeous indoor swimming pool, enjoy the best massage (have to book ahead of time) and have breakfast outdoors under the wisteria! Hamptons at its best.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MariaPashby
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had a great weekend at the Baker House, the service, the design, the breakfast, the location, the architecture and attention to detail was perfect! My favorite part was (except the very comfortable beds) the Spa, with a steam shower, sauna, Jacuzzi, and massage facilities. There is no doubt that I am going back again!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David82NY
Reviewed 20 February 2012

we juat stayed for the president'.s weekend at the baker house for a romantic weekend away . the inn us impeccably kept - every attention to detail is paid . we were greeted by a lovely young woman who showed us around and took us to our room. the room was lovely but the tv was dissapointing and the bath room was beautiful but the bath tub looked like it had seen better days .
the drawing room with the roaring fire was beautiful warm and inviting . they had every magazine , newspaper that you could think of and available for their guests.

they had a beautiful and delicous breakfast complimentary for their guests. amazing omelettes , french toast , fresh fruit etc. the timing of breakfast was a little late at 8:30 but maybe it is beacuse my husband and i are early birds.

my husband had arranged for me to have a massage and a facial . the massage was fabulous - the baker house has a beautiful spa downstairs . the facial unfortunately i had an off putting experience. i asked her if she had frangrance free - the facialist got very defensive and made me feel uncomfortable . i was a little surprised when i spoke to the hotel - they too were defensive and not very caring about how to make the experience better .
i love getting services at the places we stay at - they can enhance the experience . the massage i adored but was surprised at the negative experience i had with getting the facial ( which ultimately did not happen)

i would highly recommend staying at the baker house - it is like vising an english country home .

Room Tip: ask about which rooms have flat screen tvs and updated bathtubs.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
The Maidstone Hotel
The Maidstone Hotel
#5 of 11 in East Hampton
East Hampton Art House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Baker House 1650? Share your experiences!