Before we arrived I inquired about where to have dinner. I was told a few places to try, but was not offered any help to try to obtain reservations. You would think they would have a little pull, more than I would. I happened to notice on the table in the lobby menus and a note that they would be happy to make a reservation for you. Maybe the staff should read that. When we arrived we checked in and the young man behind the desk(aka small pony tail boy as we named him) did not even offer to help with the luggage. Be aware you have to lug from the parking lot up two to three flights of stairs. The room was very clean and nice, just fine for a weekend. They do provide water in the room, but you keep the same old bottle for three nights We asked the same young man if he could get us a taxi for dinner. When we came down the place was locked up tight and we were on our own. The walls are thin and you can hear everyone coming and going(doors slamming) but it is an old hotel. Unfortunately for us we had the same young man for our waiter for breakfast. As others have said there is no choice for breakfasst We asked if we could just have a plain egg and was told no. The gourmet meal they were offering was way too heavy for breakfast. We ended up with the fruit. I am glad I brought my own tea as the selection in the dining room was never refilled. This may seem nitpicky but for 800.00 a night you have some expectations. We heard rumors of the famous Ann but did not meet her until the last day. To her defense she said she was out sick a few days. When we did go to breakfast the next day she made us plain eggs. Seems if she is not there things dont go as smoothly. The location is great, one way town, one way beach and they do have beach towels in the room. Overall a few tweaks and this place would rate at the top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the beautiful village pond The Hedges Inn is an East Hampton, New York landmark. Home to the famous swans that, like our special guests, return year after year. This exclusive enclave is around the corner from world-class beaches, nestled among East Hampton's legendary estates and just steps from the Village. Built in the 1800’s and recently renovated to the highest standards, The Hedges Inn strikes the perfect balance between sophisticated luxury and unpretentious seaside charm. We invite you to enjoy not just the intimacy of your rooms, but to take advantage of our entire house as if it was your own. The Hedges Inn. "Your home in the Hampton's." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Hedges Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hedges Hotel East Hampton
- Hedges Inn
- The Hedges Inn East Hampton, Hamptons