“Great Stay at The Hedges”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hedges Inn

The Hedges Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 East Hampton B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great Stay at The Hedges”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Ann and Carol are lovely at the Hedges, nothing was too much trouble and the rooms were very comfortable it was just like being at home! The breakfast's are a highlight very inventive and leave you enthralled as to what will be on the chalkboard the next morning when you arrive for breakfast. I have stayed several times over the last 5 years and can't think of any reason not to stay anytime I am in the area. I can't recommend The Hedges Inn enough warm, friendly and sooooo relaxing!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Anytime one of our well travelled guests state that they felt like home at The Hedges Inn we are so happy!
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review and I know we can look look forward to welcoming you again at The Hedges and that just makes my heart sing!

Ann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Ann, Carol and Courtney, our hosts at the Inn, are officially my new best friends! My husband and I needed a long weekend away from the city and sought out The Hedges Inn in East Hampton. Literally, from the moment we entered the Inn's doors we were greeted with nostalgia from the Inn's old world charm. But don't be confused, there is nothing stodgy about the decor. It is the perfect blend between history and striking new furniture design out of a design magazine. The downstairs sitting area had fluffy pillows, charming coffee table books, a warm fuzzy blankets. Although a TV was available we didn't want the interruption when we had a peaceful view of geese swimming in the pond and surrounding gardens. The two-room Sea Horse Suite was incredibly charming. If delightful hamlet of East Hampton was not outside the door we probably would have spent most of our day lounging in bed or sitting in the plush rocking chair while reading my Kindle. Since the room had a mini kitchen, our bottles of vino collected while visiting the local vineyards were kept at perfect temperature for pre-dinner toasts. The mornings brought a welcome treat of breakfast. Since we have access to New York City's plethora of restaurants, we consider ourselves to be food snobs. When we entered the dining lounge the first morning we were greeted with the chalk board of the fresh breakfast special. As if the breakfast special was not enough, the buffet table was overflowing with fresh fruits, pastries, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, juices and coffee. To add to the presentation, these goodies were all surrounded by fresh cut flowers from the Inn's very own garden. Within minutes from being seated Carol came over to offer the buffet table and explain the morning breakfast special. She suggested we pace ourselves and save room for what was to come. Before we could finish our first cup of coffee she presented us with the best breakfast I have ever eaten...really! (I posted images below). If I were a NY Times food critic Chef Ann Clarke would become my regular "go-to" source for recipes and restaurant reviews. I am still trying to figure out that secret ingredient in her "Salmon Brie Souffle." We are totally obsessed with the Hedges Inn and can not wait for our next trip out this fall.

Room Tip: The Sea horse Suite
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scissorhands11
annclarke70, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Exquisite and quintessential Hamptons, oh my, how we all liked that one! And you know what - we are so glad you said so! There isn't anything I could add to this except top say, what I always say but it is from my heart. Thank you for being with us at The Hedges, thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review for us and come back soon, your room is ready.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Going above and beyond would be an understatement for The Hedges Inn. Ann and her staff were remarkable. The Hedges Inn provides the ideal location for a two day getaway to the Hamptons. The Inn itself is absolutely gorgeous down to the relaxing music that is played. The Hedges is so well kept by the fantastic staff and team of The Hedges, Ann was absolutely gorgeous and such a breath a fresh air to see every day. If you are looking for a place to stay I highly suggest you check out The Hedges Inn. I will be back to visit again soon!

1 Thank Kt R

New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated like family. It was as though I was staying with my rich parents! I'm 26 years old and it was just the perfect place for me and my family. The grounds are beautiful and it was so relaxing. Also walking distance to the beach. The breakfasts are not to be missed either - so yummy! I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank kimk105
I'm not particularly rich but you can call me mom LOL. If you felt at home there is nothing more to say!
Love, Mom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Ann, Courtney and the entire staff couldn't have made our experience any better! We were taken care of with smiles, humor and a professionalism that I find rare these days. The rooms were clean, the food delicious and the location of The Hedges is ideal for anyone visiting East Hampton. It was so pleasant and my only regret was that I was not staying longer. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank AustinF75
Oh, my aren't you sweet! We have a few more changes in mind for The Hedges...OK let's call them improvements...we just always want to be stepping up the game. I cannot tell you how much the entire team here at the inn enjoyed having your group in residence. Every day was sunshine. Thank you for the review, it was very much appreciated.

Anni
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have nothing but huge PRAISE for the The Hedges Inn!

The location in East Hampton was great -- close to Main Beach and shopping -- and the staff (especially Ann) was a true delight. The breakfasts were delicious, esecially the housemade pastries and the patio was a great place to lounge and enjoy afternoon tea.

It definitely felt like home! We are for sure booking again next summer (if not sooner!)

1 Thank Lee H
I am holding you to returning to us next summer since I know have it in writing LOL!

What a tremendous compliment and I thank you for it with a gentle reminder that I am lucky enough to have Carol, Courtney, Marissa and Myra behind me. I'm looking out for you!
All my best and thank you so much.

Anni
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was delighted by by every turn during my two night stay.i was so impressed with the charming decor,so tastefully done and welcoming.the outdoor landscaping was beautiful and lush.the dinning room was very inviting,with a delicious buffet,with fresh fruits and pastries,etc not to mention the mouth watering homemade gourmet breakfast served by the cook herself! The manager Ann and her staff were very accommodating,offering us beach passes to the beautiful local beaches along with chairs,towels etc.the rooms were refreshingly decorated,very comfortable and clean.there was always cold home made ice tea or iced water infused with mint and cold bottles of water available as well as fresh fruit and sweets. A lovely stay,can't wait to return !

1 Thank denise1775
Happy Guest =Happy Innkeeper!

Our lemon/mint water is a hit this summer with all of the guests and I am glad you enjoyed it enough to write about it! It is such a pleasure every morning to walk outside with my basket a clip the days herbs. Thank you for being with us, thank you for warming the dining room with your early in the day million watt smile.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Hampton
East Hampton Art House Bed and Breakfast
The 1770 House
The 1770 House
#4 of 12 in East Hampton

Been to The Hedges Inn? Share your experiences!