“Great Stay at The Hedges Inn”
Review of The Hedges Inn

The Hedges Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 East Hampton B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Stay at The Hedges Inn”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Hedges Inn for business and it was lovely. The location could not be better and the inn its self is welcoming and everything you would expect from a high-end classic B&B. The inn keeper Ann is great and very funny and prepared two of the best breakfast I have had in years! The staff is warm, professional and eager to please. My room was very clean, cozy, decorated very simply and was great!

Both nights during my stay I walked to East Hampton, Main St and had dinner at the Maidstone Inn and 1770 House walked back to the Hedges Inn after one too many glasses of wine and it was effortless.

Because most people will visit the Inn in the summer one of the best parts of my stay was the AMAZING AC in my room, my comfort was a 360 experience, great bedding, different pillow styles to match my sleeping comfort and nice mattress. I am an interior designer and am very very aware of these things and it was all great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
What a lovely synopsis of your wonderful stay! Thank you for sharing the ins and outs of our great location for all the world to see! As the chef I love a clean plate and I know you enjoyed your breakfast - makes my heart sing. I personally find the room you stayed in to be one of our coziest and I am glad as a professional you agree. We know you are in The Hampons frequently so we will keep your room ready.

Thanks so very much.

Ann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bernardsville
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We want to let you know what a fabulous time we had at the Hedges. Ann and Jen (and staff) made our experience very special. We felt like family before we even got there and I truly enjoyed celebrating my "29th" birthday ;-)!!
I am working on my husband to drop me off at the Hedges when he goes on his Fall fishing trip to Montauk! Can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
What a joy you to were to have in the house! We especially love a guest who travels with a full moon in their bag.

Your sharing your telescope on the night of the full moon was just extra special and all the laughter and warmth you brought in with you. Please come back, we are counting on it!

Anni
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hedges Inn in East Hampton, New York for four nights over Columbus Day weekend to celebrate my birthday. Although we visited East Hampton previously, it was our first time at the Hedges Inn and it could not have been better. A bottle of wine and a card wishing me a happy birthday was left in our room upon our arrival. The Inn itself is beautifully maintained. It is perfectly situated in the Village of East Hampton, close to all of the shops and restaurants and a short walk to Main Beach. There is a large patio off of the breakfast room where you can read or relax with a cup of coffee or a cocktail. (There is a full bar inside.) Our room (the Oyster Room) was nicely decorated, very clean and extremely comfortable. Breakfast, which is included in the cost of the room, was wonderful. There is a special each day and a continental breakfast buffet, complete with pastries, fruit, freshly squeezed juice and coffee is always available. I would never stay anywhere else in East Hampton. We are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Veronica G
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am uncertain how this lovely review escaped a response from me for so long but all I can say now is this: "your room is ready!" We are looking forward to seeing you again this summer!

All my very best.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

After travelling from the other side of the globe, and having anticipated visiting the Hamptons for many years, our expectations were very high. for our family's visit to East Hampton. As soon as we entered the immaculately kept grounds of the Inn, we were impressed. The entire hotel is extremely well maintained and beautifully decorated. We were welcomed warmly by the young lady on reception, then shown to our rooms which were not only large and lovely, but had very high quality bathrooms, something we really appreciated. The rooms and bathrooms were spotless.
After a dinner in East Hampton, and a great nights sleep, we came down for breakfast. The quality of the items presented on the buffet, such as the yoghurts, berries, bakery items, and fruits, is outstanding. The dining area is very pleasant and comfortable and you can sit outside on the patio if you want to. A hot item is served as well and it changes daily. Each day the hot item was delicious and the portions generous.
The hotel has a little bar with a cool cocktail list, you can order one whenever you feel like it. We didn't get around to this - well not this stay anyway!
During our stay we met all the staff and they are all delightful, helpful with local tips and information, and genuinely warm people.
The Inn is easy to find for first timers to the area, and you can walk to the East Hampton shopping area in a couple of minutes.
We will definitely be back. Thank you to everyone at The Hedges Inn for a wonderful stay. We hope to meet you again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Erik S
annclarke70, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Exceeding expectations is one of our "in office" catch phrases so you know your lovely review made me smile! Whether our guests come in from the City or from far off lands, as you did, we will always try to do our best. You had several choices and I appreciate that you made The Hedges your home while visiting The Hamptons because that I hope will translate to seeing you all again if you come this way again!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was our first trip to the Hamptons from Australia! We were greeted by Ann on arrival and she was so welcoming and hospitable. The nearby streets and close proximity to the beach was perfect for our short stay. The breakfast was top class from presentation to such a beautiful variety of delicious foods. Thanks so much for a wonderful experience, we would love to return one day!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank alwichy C
And wasn't it amazing how we had a houseful of Aussies all at the same time! Always important to show our overseas guests that we can do it right in one of the oldest most historical places in the U.S.A. You were a terrific bunch and we do love those accents…still practicing! Safe travels wherever you go and we will hope the road will lead you back to us one day.

Hauppauge, New York
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I had a bad experience at hotel in Montauk. tI was downright sad how my husband who is battling cancer was treatedat the other hotel. I have lived on Long Island my entire adult life and have seen this beautiful looking Inn and always wondered how it was inside. After Ann Clarke, the manager of the Inn viewed my post she was so upset for us that she emailed me and offered a free night at her Inn. She has nothing to do with the other hotel that treated us so terribly but her class and kindness is truly genuine. I hope I can take her up on her generous offer this spring, but cancer doesn't allow us to plan to much right now., I would like everyone to know this because the Inn is obviously beautiful outside but it is beautiful inside as well. Spend your hard earned money supporting a business that cares about people.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank lfrench13
When I read about your experience my heart sank. The hospitality world should not have failed you in that way. I am hoping and planning on seeing you and your husband this season, we know how to do happy at The Hedges. You know you are in my thoughts.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The Hedges is nestled in the town of East Hampton with beautifully landscaped yard ornamented with lush greenery and hedges. It is so picturesque. The moment we arrived we were greeted by the general manager, Ann Clarke with her enthusiasm; welcome us by our first names into this tranquil bed and breakfast. The rooms will not disappoint. It is Bed and Breakfast meets boutique Hotel. We took a walk along the neighborhood streets while admiring the wide variety of trees and plantings on sprawling properties with well manicured yards as we made our pathway to Main Beach which was voted #1 beach in the U.S. in 2013. The house and property provides numerous spots to sit and relax, as the house has inviting Southern style front porch, a large covered terrace area, and a beautiful gazebo on the grounds suited for a wedding.

In the morning, there is freshly brewed coffee that will keep you guessing if it is European or just a great gourmet coffee. Breakfast is outfitted with rich breakfast buffet of fresh fruits, seasonal berries and melons, and every imaginable pastries, served each morning. A full breakfast made from fresh local ingredients is served at our table freshly prepared. Warning, you must save room for breakfast dessert to end your meal. You could definitely have breakfast out on the terrace. What an amazing chef; Chef Ann Clarke de Cuisine.

The rooms are equipped with cable televisions and free Wi-Fi so we were able to stay connected to the outside world. After we finished exploring for the day, we return to the bed and breakfast and relax in our room which was tastefully decorated with a private bathroom stocked with high-end toiletries, and a fireplace. It was a great location with easy access to shopping and restaurants, and other parts of the Hamptons. Very catering to our needs! The Hedges Inn was the perfect destination for a peaceful retreat with friends. The only thing that was missing was a houseman to assist with your luggage. Never wanted to stay at a B&B but it was a utopia experience and ultimately relaxing. A must!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Asking a guest to go online and take the time to write a review is a bit problematic. On one hand these reviews are so instrumental in conveying to potential guests who we are but its a gamble no matter how well we think we might have measured up. It is also a time eater and on that note I sincerely appreciate any guest who is willing to say a few words on our behalf.

Your beautiful detailed review is just priceless and I thank you so much. I am thrilled you had such a terrific experience at our inn and look forward to seeing you again…and again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Hampton
East Hampton House
East Hampton House
#1 of 2 in East Hampton
East Hampton Art House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Hedges Inn? Share your experiences!