The Hedges Inn
East Hampton House(East Hampton)
US$160
Topping Rose House(Bridgehampton)(Great Value!)
US$479
US$469
Travelocity
Baron's Cove(Sag Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$175
Groupon.com
Ocean Colony Beach and Tennis Club(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Pool
The Hermitage at Napeague(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$160
Orbitz.com
Sea Crest on the Ocean(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$154
White Sands Resort(Amagansett)
TripAdvisor
Ocean Vista Resort(Amagansett)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmain beachmy husband and ib bat homefamily weddingbeach bag with towelsparking passeach morningperfect locationcan't wait to come backan umbrellacup of coffeewalking distance to towncomfortable roomswonderful experiencebeach chairscommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We arrived at the Hedges Inn with our daughter. Yea, I know probably not the best idea for a baby but it was worth it given the convenience being in East Hampton! We loved the old home and the recent renovations. I felt this place was clean, well kept and not crusty like some old B&Bs. The bathrooms are white with modern tiles and clear glass shower doors. There is a nice sun porch with a large covered awning, hammock on the lawn and a gazebo. The bar has a great cocktail list and small wine offering. It has limited hours.

Breakfast was a show every morning... granola, corn muffins with honey baked into a honeycomb shape, croissants, fresh grapefruit juice and orange juice. They also offered a three course brunch in addition to the spread of typical baked goods and fruit. Every day there is a new 3 course special. Do not miss this, especially since it's the only meal they offer. They do have various snacks, candies and cookies set out in the afternoon.

I had a chance to peek at the kitchen from a distance since they do not allow guests here, which I completely understand. It was immaculate, clean and well managed.

Given that we are feeding a 4 month old, the bottle situation was very difficult without a microwave or a mini-fridge. You are not allowed to bring your own beer to put in the community fridge either. If you have medicine, you cannot keep it in the fridge. So if you have specific needs such as these, this may not be the best place for you. There is a bag drop out front and with a baby, there is a lot to carry. After being parked out there for 30 minutes, we were already reminded to move. There is a sign that reads "bag drop" and we weren't planning on abusing the privilege. Given the amount of money we paid to spend three nights here, this was a little disheartening.

The staff was very friendly. They run a very tight ship here but could stand to loosen the reigns a bit to better accommodate their guests needs..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cmhellwig
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

We did enjoy having you and your darling baby. As we are not a major chain or large hotel it is not the same traveling experience with wee ones as you readily admitted. I was a bit surprised by your comments since you were permitted (on a daily basis) to the inn's kitchen (unaccompanied even) to do daily sterilization of the babies bottles, plus, we did store the babies milk in the refrigerator for you! For the record I must be clear: we store ANY medications that require refrigeration, for any guest, at any time and have always done so! Like any establishment that sells beer we do not offer 'bring your own', it is actually against the state regulations of the full liquor license permit. You could have an ice cold beer, right from our little Bar None just as most people would not walk in a restaurant with their own bottle of wine or soda. As the GM I greatly appreciated your comments on the renovations, cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff, we strive to make a Hedges Inn stay memorable for all the best reasons. As the chef I most appreciated you calling The Hedges Inn breakfast a "show' - what a delightful commentary on our specialty breakfast included in every stay.

Thank you for being with us and for taking the time to write a review.

All my best,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I spent Memorial Day weekend at The Hedges Inn. We stayed in the Skysail Room and found it to be cozy and romantic. We had a fantastic time and everything exceeded our expectations. Our first morning, we were greeted by Jenn and Ann at breakfast and to our surprise, were offered a three course, gourmet meal in addition to the delicious buffet spread. Originally, we had planned to rent bicycles, but were pleasantly surprised to find quality, hybrid bikes, with baskets and bike locks available for our use. We returned from our bike ride and were warmly welcomed with an array of sweets and beverages. The next day, we decided to head to the beach and were provided with towels, a beach bag, and beach chairs.

We did not have a car, and found the Inn's location to be ideally situated between Main Beach and the center of town.

It's the little things, in our opinion, that make an experience what it is. The Hedges Inn team's warm and friendly personalities truly made us feel at home and sad to leave. Throughout our time in East Hampton, they had plenty of great activity and restaurant suggestions. We felt truly catered to! We are already scanning our calendars for another weekend at The Hedges Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

It is always wonderful to read how much a guest enjoyed their room, our multi course specialty breakfast, the bikes and all the beach goodies we keep on hand! You are savvy travelers and seem to soak in all the best parts of what it means to be in The Hamptons. We are definitely expecting you back! Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review, it is greatly appreciated.

Safe travels always,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Hedges Inn for business and it was lovely. The location could not be better and the inn its self is welcoming and everything you would expect from a high-end classic B&B. The inn keeper Ann is great and very funny and prepared two of the best breakfast I have had in years! The staff is warm, professional and eager to please. My room was very clean, cozy, decorated very simply and was great!

Both nights during my stay I walked to East Hampton, Main St and had dinner at the Maidstone Inn and 1770 House walked back to the Hedges Inn after one too many glasses of wine and it was effortless.

Because most people will visit the Inn in the summer one of the best parts of my stay was the AMAZING AC in my room, my comfort was a 360 experience, great bedding, different pillow styles to match my sleeping comfort and nice mattress. I am an interior designer and am very very aware of these things and it was all great!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

What a lovely synopsis of your wonderful stay! Thank you for sharing the ins and outs of our great location for all the world to see! As the chef I love a clean plate and I know you enjoyed your breakfast - makes my heart sing. I personally find the room you stayed in to be one of our coziest and I am glad as a professional you agree. We know you are in The Hampons frequently so we will keep your room ready.

Thanks so very much.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We want to let you know what a fabulous time we had at the Hedges. Ann and Jen (and staff) made our experience very special. We felt like family before we even got there and I truly enjoyed celebrating my "29th" birthday ;-)!!
I am working on my husband to drop me off at the Hedges when he goes on his Fall fishing trip to Montauk! Can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

What a joy you to were to have in the house! We especially love a guest who travels with a full moon in their bag.

Your sharing your telescope on the night of the full moon was just extra special and all the laughter and warmth you brought in with you. Please come back, we are counting on it!

All my best,

Anni

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hedges Inn in East Hampton, New York for four nights over Columbus Day weekend to celebrate my birthday. Although we visited East Hampton previously, it was our first time at the Hedges Inn and it could not have been better. A bottle of wine and a card wishing me a happy birthday was left in our room upon our arrival. The Inn itself is beautifully maintained. It is perfectly situated in the Village of East Hampton, close to all of the shops and restaurants and a short walk to Main Beach. There is a large patio off of the breakfast room where you can read or relax with a cup of coffee or a cocktail. (There is a full bar inside.) Our room (the Oyster Room) was nicely decorated, very clean and extremely comfortable. Breakfast, which is included in the cost of the room, was wonderful. There is a special each day and a continental breakfast buffet, complete with pastries, fruit, freshly squeezed juice and coffee is always available. I would never stay anywhere else in East Hampton. We are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Veronica G
TheHedgesInn, General Manager at The Hedges Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I am uncertain how this lovely review escaped a response from me for so long but all I can say now is this: "your room is ready!" We are looking forward to seeing you again this summer!

All my very best.