“Good Food - Beware of the Alcohol Drinks They Use LARGE ICE CUBES That Take Up 75% Of The Glass” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Race Lane

Race Lane
Ranked #37 of 64 Restaurants in East Hampton
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: East Hampton L.I.R.R. stop. We're just around the corner.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Great food - Here are my Pros & Cons to Race Lane.

PROS: The inside was beautiful with high ceilings, long bar with plenty of tables - the decor was Modern. Also, there is outdoor seating, and plenty of parking.
My meal the Sea Scallops were cooked to perfection. My friends had the pasta with meat sauce that was good, according to them. The rolls were hot, fresh and baked on the premises :-). Now for desert we shared the Chocolate Bread Pudding with Ice Cream that was good, and my coffee was fresh not bitter tasting.

CONS: BEWARE of ALCOHOL DRINKS on the special bar menu. My friend ordered the drink called "Alibo" the glass arrived with a LARGE Ice Cube that took up 75% of the glass that was small to begin with, and when we lifted the cube out if the glass the liquid took up only 25% of the glass. We told our friend to complain to our not so friendly waiter and tell him "now can you give me the rest of my drink" but she refused to complain, but if it was my drink I would have said something especially since she paid $14 for a LARGE ICE CUBE WITH ONLY 25% ALCOHOL - can image the mark up on Alcohol Rice's Lane is getting. However, the Red Sangria was great, it was very fruity and came in the usual glass with small ice cubes for $14 a little expensive it should have gone for $12.

SERVICE and ETC; Our waiter never asked us if we wanted another round of drinks. The Salt dish on the table did not have a spoon, my thought "very unsanitary" - who wants everyone at the table sticking their fingers in the salt bowl, not me! The waiter was not friendly at all, no personality like a dry dish ran if you tell me. He went over the menu too quickly, we needed to tell him to slow it down, he seemed as if he was in a hurry to get somewhere. But we ignored him, we were not rushing through our dining experience because of him. The noise level of the place was loud, you could hear the people chattering around us.
All and all, you should try this place but DON'T order the Alcohol Drink "Alilo" not unless to tell the waiter to give you the drink minus the LARGE ICE CUBE $14

Visited August 2014

New York City, New York
“Great meal and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Best pork chop I ever had . The service was lovely.
My friend's chicken was also delicious. Our tuna appetizer yummy.

Visited July 2014
Baltimore
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Adorable little gem. Excellent food and service. Had a great meal with friends, easy to get a reservation. Recommend!

Visited June 2014
Burlington, Vermont
“Great food and excellent service - a hidden gem in East Hampton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a hidden gem in East Hampton village. We had 7 people - adults and kids - and went on a June weeknight. Made reservation on OpenTable same day, but probably didn't need it based on how uncrowded it was. Service was very attentive and courteous, even with the several special requests we made. Atmosphere was very relaxed and comfortable. Food was very good, including salads, entrees (meat and seafood), and desserts (especially desserts!). Would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat. If you happen to be taking the train to East Hampton from the City, work a meal here into your plans - it's just steps away from the station!

Visited June 2014
“Great out of the way place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We have been out in the Hampton's for the last 4 days and have eaten in some good restaurants. We happened upon this restaurant tucked away near the train station. It was the BEST place we ate during our visit. The food was excellent: great wine list : and the service was very friendly and attentive. We will be back.

1 Thank Kevin T