“The Unhampton Restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This is a overlooked gem....food is quite good, prices are extremely reasonable and the staff is pleasant and professional. My wife and I had a two course prix fix for $22.00 last night, which is a price you can't beat in the Hamptons. Plus their martinis are huge...

1  Thank Qwickrick

Reviewed 5 September 2012

My friends and I always make sure to stop at Cafe Max when we are in East Hampton, religiously for the past 10+ years. The food is excellent, I can't pick a favorite between the ribs, cajun bass, and steak! They also have the best crab cakes EVER and my friends and I are always fighting over the last of the calamari! It is always great to stop at a restaurant where the bartenders and wait staff remember you and the service is as good as the food! You know you have found a great place when everyone you have ever brought there goes back without you! I would definitely recommend Cafe Max to anyone heading out east.

1  Thank pikels11
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Great food, I love the Cajun Sea Bass! The Steaks are Great too. Same owners for over 20 years, Wow! They are definitely doing something right!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Yes its small & crowed but the food is excellent. Service with a smile, No attitude, jewerly not necessary, relax this is the unhampton.
And the food is superb, drinks, wines topnotch. Need l say more?

1  Thank staziwinters
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Cafe Max is hands down the best restaurant in East Hampton. I am loathe to give this such a great review so that the mobs can descend on it. Yet the food and service is great. This is based on 12 years of visits 2-3 during the high season and 1-2 in the off season. The best soft-shell crabs I have (outside of Baltimore.