“civilized dining”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2013

simple well prepared food, in a very pleasant cozy environment. well priced. attracts an older crowd. great homemade deserts. the owner is the chef and takes great pride in the quality and preparation of his food. he often comes out and greets the guests. the staff is very pleasant except for one waitress whos been there for many years and makes you feel not welcome.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Nice small non- franchise restaurant. Good food. Good service. Reasonable price , considering other restaurants in this area.
Big portions.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Great foos and service.I guess the owner being the chef makes a big difference in how a place is run.I have been here many times and always good !!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

This is a overlooked gem....food is quite good, prices are extremely reasonable and the staff is pleasant and professional. My wife and I had a two course prix fix for $22.00 last night, which is a price you can't beat in the Hamptons. Plus their martinis are huge...

1  Thank Qwickrick
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My friends and I always make sure to stop at Cafe Max when we are in East Hampton, religiously for the past 10+ years. The food is excellent, I can't pick a favorite between the ribs, cajun bass, and steak! They also have the best crab cakes EVER and my friends and I are always fighting over the last of the calamari! It is always great to stop at a restaurant where the bartenders and wait staff remember you and the service is as good as the food! You know you have found a great place when everyone you have ever brought there goes back without you! I would definitely recommend Cafe Max to anyone heading out east.

1  Thank pikels11