“Bend In the Road Guest House”

Bend in the Road Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Hampton
Bend in the Road Guest House
Ranked #9 of 11 East Hampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I had the fortune to stay in The Bend In The Road Guest House while I was looking to purchase a property in East Hampton. I had brought my dog and was thrilled to discover there was a beautiful acre of fenced in space for her to explore as well as a huge pool that allowed me to relax after a busy day of house hunting.Caroline, the proprietor, was most gracious and extremely helpful. I received home baked pastries every morning out by the pool and she helped to introduce me to the area. In fact I loved the location of the guest house so much that I ended up buying a house in the same neighborhood. I enthusiastically recommend The Bend In The Road Guest House to anyone visiting the Hamptons.

Room Tip: I recommend the Ivy room. in has a charming window seat overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Louisa C

Reviewed 1 September 2012

this is a friendly, easy going house with 3 side private guest rooms. Close to amazing beaches, hiking, and shopping. Dogs get to run around a big fenced in yard. Pool is refreshing and relaxing. Caroline is a wonderful artist and kind hostess who helps you out with lots of local information and tips for hikes and dinner. A very chill place to stay in the Hamptons.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Minuses:

1. I felt mislead by the owner - on the phone she quoted me a nightly rate and then added in that "you dont have to check out until 5pm" the day of departure. She made it sound like a value added bonus to justify the high rate. However, when I arrived I found out that I had to pay for the extra half day - totally deceived me - but what could I do? I was stuck at that point - 2.5 hour drive, rental car, etc.

2. Owner doesnt take care of the Inn - the house is run down - spider webs, etc. It was very average - like staying in your Great Aunt's house. Things worked, but were not very nice. TV was old, bathroom was not very nice, etc.

3. "Breakfast" is a myth - The owner told us - only upon arrival - that she didnt have "that kind of license" that would allow her to actually cook hot breakfast. In fact, in two days we never say any breakfast.

4. Cash only - Playing into the above theme, the entire weekend had to be paid for in cash only. Lord knows what she actually is telling the IRS she makes on her "business".

5. Pet friendly - to a point - dogs could not be left in the room while we were out to dinner, etc.

Pluses:

1. The grounds are nice - the pool is nice, and the hammock is great. Plenty of room for the dogs to run.

2. Dog friendly - even with limitations - is a plus in the area.

3. Beach pass - you have to give her $400 in cash as a deposit - but she does have a beach pass that gives you access to certain beaches.

Bottom line:
You are able to bring your dog(s) which is great, but keep expectations low, make sure you know EXACTLY what the price will be, and bring a big wad of cash.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jake M
Reviewed 30 July 2012

i stayed here for one night with my dog. the property is lovely, but not manicured. if you like a fancier place, then this is not for you, but i enjoyed the wildness of it. caroline, the proprietor, is very cool, and takes good care of you. my room was spacious, clean and very comfortable, and the best thing was, i could bring my dog!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary T
Reviewed 9 July 2012

There are 2 bedrooms with attached bathrooms off of a living room that you can rent here. There are pluses and minuses at this guest house and, right now, the minuses outweigh the pluses. The place is in serious need of renovation: the lamp in the livingroom had a shade with a hole in it, knobs came off the dressers when we tried to open the drawers, the top part of a bedside lamp fell to the side, the microwave and coffeemaker in the suite we had were in the bathroom and were plugged into an outlet that is not GFI...Also, there was no hairdryer provided (which we knew ahead of time because I asked) Cleanliness was also an issue: there were several cobwebs, the inside of the microwave needed cleaning, and there was human hair in the bathroom. Although the pool looks lovely, I would be concerned because the stairs into the pool are wood and there are no railings. On the plus side, dogs of all sizes are welcomed and can use the fenced 2 acre yard. Carolyn is a warm and welcoming hostess.

Room Tip: There are only 2 guest rooms; we were in the ivy room (which looks cute on the website) but the othe...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends