“Comfortable and Welcoming”

Bend in the Road Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Hampton
Bend in the Road Guest House
Ranked #9 of 11 East Hampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We were looking for a place, at short notice, where we could relax for a few days with our son and his 9 month shepherd pup. Wanting a spot where the pup would have place to run free , we could not have made a better choice. Carolyn was an excellent hostess, providing us with information on beaches and eating spots where Beau would be welcome. Her property is perfect, we could relax with a meal or drinks in the garden or around the pool while he explored the fully fenced in grounds.
Others have complained about the deposit for the beach pass, but it is only a deposit, and returned as soon as you return the pass. We had no issue with this and were grateful for the pass - without the pass one cannot park at the beaches. Carolyn also lent us a map which indicated which beaches we could use.
If you are looking for modern living quarters, this is not the place! Carolyn's home is arty, interesting, full of her history and maybe a little bit dusty, but warm, very comfortable and very welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank barbsk290959

Reviewed 19 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here just before the start of the season and had a lovely time. We found it easily and were pleased at its location, close to town yet very quiet. Carolyn was wonderful and accomodating. Our quarters were private and comfortable, and I have already recommended Bend in the Road to family and friends. I look forward to going back again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Bend in the Road was the perfect place for a few day get-away with my husband and our two Goldens. My husband found this B&B on the internet and was thrilled to find a dog friendly place by the ocean. The owner Carolyn is very nice and made us feel welcomed right away. We shared wine and great conversation during our stay and were very entertained. She has a wonderful pack of rescue dogs that are just precious and oh so friendly! She is also an amazing artist and baker....delicious scones!

We enjoyed our early morning drives checking out the local scenary and beautiful beaches. The dogs had a great time running and digging on the beach. Although the water was too chilly for us they didn't seem to mind it! There are many great hiking/walking trails in the area if this is something you like to do also.

There are many wonderful coffee houses and restaurants in the area. We didn't get a chance to experience the fine dining available as the trip was not about us but what we did find was terrific. Loved the "Golden Pear". One thing we found odd about the area was that even if you sat outside to eat your dogs could not join you. As there are many dog friendly establishments popping up all over by where we live we found this disappointing. If you like to shop there are plenty of beautiful shops to browse also even though the only store we made a purchase from was a great pet store we went to on Carolyn's recommendation.

We enjoyed our time at Bend in the Road and hope to make it an annual trip. If traveling with your pet is a must for you then you can't go wrong staying here! They are welcomed in the house and the fenced in yard is a huge plus! Would love to be there in the summertime so the dogs could swim in the pool as that's another activity they love to do!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Bend in the Road is for people who want to be with their dog in a funky artsy environment. The place is very laid back and feels comfortable. Carolyn is very kind and welcoming. I found the place on short notice and was able to get a reservation easily. I was so lucky to find a place that not only would take me and my cute pooch, but also felt safe and close to other ammenities.
My dog loved the fenced in yard where she played and ran around. The Ivy room was spacious and pretty. The bed was very comfortable and there were none of the offensive fluorescent lights that I hate at hotels. The quiet neighborhood was a plus.
If comfort, hospitality and something a bit off the beaten path is your plan, then this place is your kind of place!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I had the fortune to stay in The Bend In The Road Guest House while I was looking to purchase a property in East Hampton. I had brought my dog and was thrilled to discover there was a beautiful acre of fenced in space for her to explore as well as a huge pool that allowed me to relax after a busy day of house hunting.Caroline, the proprietor, was most gracious and extremely helpful. I received home baked pastries every morning out by the pool and she helped to introduce me to the area. In fact I loved the location of the guest house so much that I ended up buying a house in the same neighborhood. I enthusiastically recommend The Bend In The Road Guest House to anyone visiting the Hamptons.

Room Tip: I recommend the Ivy room. in has a charming window seat overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Louisa C
Reviewed 1 September 2012

this is a friendly, easy going house with 3 side private guest rooms. Close to amazing beaches, hiking, and shopping. Dogs get to run around a big fenced in yard. Pool is refreshing and relaxing. Caroline is a wonderful artist and kind hostess who helps you out with lots of local information and tips for hikes and dinner. A very chill place to stay in the Hamptons.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Minuses:

1. I felt mislead by the owner - on the phone she quoted me a nightly rate and then added in that "you dont have to check out until 5pm" the day of departure. She made it sound like a value added bonus to justify the high rate. However, when I arrived I found out that I had to pay for the extra half day - totally deceived me - but what could I do? I was stuck at that point - 2.5 hour drive, rental car, etc.

2. Owner doesnt take care of the Inn - the house is run down - spider webs, etc. It was very average - like staying in your Great Aunt's house. Things worked, but were not very nice. TV was old, bathroom was not very nice, etc.

3. "Breakfast" is a myth - The owner told us - only upon arrival - that she didnt have "that kind of license" that would allow her to actually cook hot breakfast. In fact, in two days we never say any breakfast.

4. Cash only - Playing into the above theme, the entire weekend had to be paid for in cash only. Lord knows what she actually is telling the IRS she makes on her "business".

5. Pet friendly - to a point - dogs could not be left in the room while we were out to dinner, etc.

Pluses:

1. The grounds are nice - the pool is nice, and the hammock is great. Plenty of room for the dogs to run.

2. Dog friendly - even with limitations - is a plus in the area.

3. Beach pass - you have to give her $400 in cash as a deposit - but she does have a beach pass that gives you access to certain beaches.

Bottom line:
You are able to bring your dog(s) which is great, but keep expectations low, make sure you know EXACTLY what the price will be, and bring a big wad of cash.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jake M