Bend in the Road Guest House
East Hampton House(East Hampton)
US$160
Topping Rose House(Bridgehampton)(Great Value!)
US$479
US$466
Baron's Cove(Sag Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$175
Groupon.com
White Sands Resort(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$206
Ocean Colony Beach and Tennis Club(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Pool
The Hermitage at Napeague(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$160
Sea Crest on the Ocean(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$154
Ocean Vista Resort(Amagansett)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We came to a wedding in East Hampton and planned on a quaint little guest house for the weekend. Wow!! Were we surprised. This place is in need of a total rehab. The linens (towels and sheets) showed much wear, the water stained wallpaper was falling off the wall in our bedroom, the mirror is cracked, the pool needs repair and the list goes on and on, not to mention it appeared many others lived in the house. We were in a bind as it was a busy weekend with no where else to stay. It certainly was not cheap for what we got. If you can, stay somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank llab2
Carolyn B, Owner at Bend in the Road Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

am so sorry we did not meet with your expectations, and yes, some of the linens are soft from use, but as most guests seem to like them, it never occurred to me anyone would find them objectionable. Thanks to your comment, however, I have ordered all new sheets and towels so that no one else will be unhappy about them.
As for the lovely Ivy wall paper, I could not find a single place where is it falling off, though one corner was a bit worn. Since this is an old house, these things happen, but I have made a small collage of leaves to decorate that part of the wall, and it looks even prettier than before, so thanks for the observation. I appreciate the time and effort you took to make your feelings known so I could address these issues. Many thanks.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The house is wonderful, replete with delightful furniture, decoration, and artifacts in every corner. It is comfortable and well appointed. The location is terrific, within a short drive of anything that one would wish to visit. The swimming pool is beautiful. Best of all, the owner is a lovely person who is both interesting and intelligent, knowing well how important hospitality is. Our stay was one we would repeat with enthusiasm, and plan to do so.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peggy F
Carolyn B, Owner at Bend in the Road Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

thank you so much for your warm and thoughtful words -- so like you! We are happy you had such a good time here and look forward to your next stay with us. Hope the summer has been good to you!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I were fortunate to have selected this most charming guest house for our stay in the Hamptons. Located just minutes from downtown East Hampton and the beaches, you have the feeling that you are isolated in the country miles from civilization. The room we stayed in was full of color, light and art, romantic best describes its feel. The common area was a delight in itself and one can find one hidden treasure after another.

Carolyn is most gracious and makes you feel like you are a part of her family. She know the area well and made herself available whenever we needed help. The garden is charming and relaxing and the pool most inviting. We will be back and we have already recommended Bend in the Road to our friends. Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KEG286

so thrilled to see your wonderful review -- you are very generous! We enjoyed your stay with us as well and very much look forward to seeing you again soon.
Again, many, many thanks!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at Bend in the Road with our dog for two nights when we were in town for the Hamptons Marathon. This guest house was really special -- and the highlight of our weekend. The room was extremely spacious and comfortable. Carolyn Bistrian was extraordinarily kind, welcoming, and helpful. And the yard -- my god, the yard! It must be an acre and a half, and all fenced in. Our dog quite literally thought he had died and gone to heaven. We have a small backyard at home, and can't let our dog off leash elsewhere. This was the most he'd run in probably his whole life -- and boy, did he love it.

Really, we have nothing but wonderful things to say about Bend in the Road. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MonsterF382
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My family and I spent a long weekend recently at Bend-in-the-Road Guest House tied to a family wedding in the area. Carolyn Bistrian, the property owner who lives on the premises, couldn’t have been more gracious and welcoming, made every effort to ensure our comfort, and provided us with thoughtful recommendations of things we might consider doing in the area and places where we might dine. As an animal lover, I took a shine to her canine companions…but she was quick to keep them at bay unless I asked to visit with them.

The land on which guest house resides is spacious and quite pretty…and just minutes, driving time, from East Hampton’s main drag. The guest rooms are homey and have a distinctive character (not at all the institutional feel you often get in hotel rooms), for many of their decorative accents are one-of-a-kind elements that have been hand-made by Carolyn, a multi-talented artist who does ceramics, paints, and more (I liked some of the artwork so much that I purchased a couple of pieces for my home).

Don’t know when I’ll have occasion to return to East Hampton but, if I do, I’ll return to Bend-in-the-Road Guest House. And ‘cause I’d like to keep in touch with Carolyn, I’ve “friended” her on Facebook.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Esmaralda_11

thank you so much for that lovely review! It's a great pleasure getting to spend time with guests as thoughtful, interesting, and kind as you. Am so very glad you had a good time here and look forward to your return.