“Customer should always be right, not here.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 65 Restaurants in East Hampton
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Street Parking, Takeout, Television
East Hampton, NY
“Customer should always be right, not here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I'm giving Villa two stars, not because of the food, which is yummy
but, because a never ending attitude of "they are always right." With the current ownership, excluding the always helpful Franco, time and time again my order is wrong. Infuriating because I trust they are capable of getting an order right. It is their job after all. I've been a patron for 20+ years and what has kept me as a patron were the good days when the policy was "the customer is always right," not to mention better food and a friendlier service.
In my 20+years I've ordered the same sandwich, never changing and yet, I find myself disappointed more often than not. Today, I chose to spend my hard earned money at Villa, on the sandwich I get at least 3 times per week. I was anxious to get home and indulge on my most favorite sandwich, only to be disappointed because again it was wrong, not even the meat I requested. I called, spoke to the owner/manager that took my order and was hostilely told over and over he had given me what I ordered. Instead of saying, I'm sorry I must have misheard you, he kept insisting I was wrong and told me go bring it back but, it was what I had ordered. I'm in my warm home, starving, and miles from the store, I'm not going back when I specifically went out only for this sandwich. I find that in my experience, he is better off not dealing with the customers due to his slow pace which backs up the line and his inability to recognize that customers are making a choice to patron his store and rather than acknowledging that, he sticks to his poor customer service skills blaming the customer. There are many choices a customer can make regarding their lunch options and he is too dense to recognize that. I am singling him out along with a couple of girls who give you a large helping of attitude when they get the order wrong. It only takes a few apples to spoil a bunch. Unfortunate.

• Visited November 2013