The Maidstone Hotel
East Hampton House(East Hampton)
US$270
US$263
Topping Rose House(Bridgehampton)(Great Value!)
US$557
US$538
Baron's Cove(Sag Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$306
US$175
Groupon.com
White Sands Resort(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$206
Ocean Colony Beach and Tennis Club(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$148
  • Pool
The Hermitage at Napeague(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$276
Sea Crest on the Ocean(Amagansett)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$180
Driftwood on the Ocean(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$170
Ocean Vista Resort(Amagansett)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsliving roomthor heyerdahlhigh teanorth forkwine selectionmeatballsbeauty productsscandinavian designswedish ownersfront porchhomemade granolaluxury hotelnice staywinter weekendhigh seasonfellow guestsold house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Me and my husband stayed at the "Maidstone Getaway" . We had a wonderful weekend and got their newly launched package including just about everything we could want. We were totally amazed by the food, the staff and the lovely room they put us in! We also really enyoyed the ofseason times in the Hamptons with the beaches and the cute little town with all it´s charm. The new general manager couple from Sweden have a great touch and fingertip feeling. It feels like home staying at the Maidstone!

PS
Tip to the hotel a nice duvet might make it even more comfy at least in the fall and winter DS

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rut62
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My husband and I booked the Kurbits Cottage. Upon arrival the cottage reeked of dogs and musty linens and towels. We asked to be relocated and were accommodated nicely to a room inside the main hotel. The Josef Frank room is cute and cozy, however, extremely noisy and the linen and towel smell persisted. Definitely this hotel has a laundry issue. No matter where we were, the towels were disgusting to use. On the up side, the breakfast including the French Press coffee was delicious and service excellent. The Living Room in the evening is cool and hip, we enjoyed wine at the bar. Just as the Maidstone began to grow on us, we forgave the smelly towels and noise...upon departure, as we were packing up I could not find my Hermes belt! We turned our bags and the room upside down to no avail. The only other people in the room were two Housekeeping girls. When I approached Randy, the manager, she said a belt "would not walk away" yet quickly defended her housekeepers without ANY investigation. My husband suggested a police report be filed and Randy proceeded to give us directions to the police station! We left with absolute disgust and felt violated. It is evident that this hotel has a THEFT problem as I am not the only one reporting a missing item yet Randy keeps her head in the sand. LOCK UP ALL OF YOUR VALUABLES if you stay here!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank HauteCoutureGirl
StockholmMalin, General Manager at The Maidstone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Mrs B,
As I told you over the phone I can not enough express how sorry I am over the fact that you felt so badly treated when reporting your loss of the belt to our receptionist. It must have been awful for both you and your husband. As I also told you we are investigating what could have happened by checking our surveillance systems and talking to staff and as I said I will get back to you again shortly. I still hope that I will find your belt somewhere.
All my best
Sophie B Hindmarsh
c/o The Maidstone

Reviewed 10 October 2011

The room I had, Pippi Longstocking, should be renamed Pippi longstinking. I have been out of the room for hours but still smell that odd musty odor. They have taken being green to a new level. I don't like that level. Open water in glass jars and sticks instead of drink stirrers and used soap and shampoo containers. The bartender served a customer 2 flies in a martini!!! Way too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: October 2011
6  Thank Bonnie N

Dear Hotelscreener,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. It is of great value for us to get feedback since the most important thing is to constantly strive to be better. I am sorry to hear that you don’t like our way of being environmentally friendly. In some cases this means to sacrifice some things like for example disposables in plastic and bottled water. (It should of course not include serving flies in a Martini)
We do hope that we will have the chance to see you, if not at our hotel, in the Hamptons again.
Sophie B Hindmarsh
c/o The Maidstone

Reviewed 26 September 2011

The Maidstone is in a great location in East Hampton-it's cute, charming, with a European flair. The restaurant is quite good-but, it's difficult to get the attention of the staff. I travelled solo, and as a single woman going to the beach and visiting my lawyer, who lives out there, I felt I was not treated with a lot of attention or respect; there were obviously bigger men spending more money than I, and these people received more attention-
Randy, at the front desk, is extremely helpful, however, when I asked her to look into a clothing item I'm POSITIVE I left there, she never returned my call, and I'm quite sure it was taken by housekeeping. I haven't been able to replace it yet!
The Roald Anuldson single room is like staying in a closet-other than that, the style and
comfort of the hotel is charming, and unique for the Hamptons. But, very pricey for what you're getting!

Room Tip: The cozy Roald Anuldson ? room is not cozy-it's a closet!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank keentraveler30
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed her with an eight-year-old girl in August and we loved it. The complimentary yoga, pet and kid-friendly atmosphere. Use of swanky Krona bikes, walking distance to everything, luxe lodgings, cool lobby and restaurant. The staff couldn't have been nicer.

I love that they have kids AND a dog menu in the restaurant. The food was great and our daughter also was totally blown away by in room PlayStation and it gave me a break to shower, etc. The rooms are all chic but done different in the spirit of a well-known Scandanavian.

Don't miss Main Beach (so close and hotel gives you passes), walk to the pond to feed ducks, a drink in the very cool bar, a bite in the restaurant. (We only had breakfast there but it was fresh and lovely...)

We love the history of the hotel and the area and how they've tastefully updated the 200 year old home. It's definitely chic but zero snoot. You can almost forget about your car when you get there because the village is so close. We had a wonderful time and will be back!

You can read all of the details about our visit and property review here:

Room Tip: Cottages great option for families!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family