“Fantastic Experience!!!”
Review of Huntting Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Hampton
Huntting Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 East Hampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We took a last minute trip to East Hampton and stayed here for three nights. We simply enjoyed everything about the Huntting Inn. The Inn is paired uniquely with the Palm restaurant were you can realistically "have your 'steak' and eat it too". The Inn staff, Carol, Robin, and Rose Marie (I think we got them all) are super friendly and really go out of their way to make sure you feel at home. Where else can you go and have a a glass of locally harvested vino at a classic wooden bar with a bartender who seems like he's known you forever, a succulent rib eye steak in a restaurant propelled by a staff who's eager to please, and then walk upstairs to a restful night's sleep in truly one of the most comfortable beds I've had the pleasure of resting in. We will be back for sure. Guest here should be excited to enjoy this Inn's rich history accompanied by the modern charm of its staff. Thanks Huntting Inn for making our getaway special. Let me not forget to mention that the Inn's continental breakfast is superior. From fresh bagels with all the spreads to the Nova Scotia lox, capers, and white onion you'll be in a state of morning bliss. Enjoy!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The Inn was very comfortable. It is centrally located and close to everything. The place is very friendly. There was lots of parking. the bar at the Palm was an added bonus. The crowd was friendly and the staff very nice. The Inn's staff was very accomodating and the breakfast was very nice.

Room Tip: We picked a room in front on the second floor. It was great not having anyone above us, but a bit o...
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stay at the Huntting Inn when I go to the area for business. The staff remembers me and is very welcoming. The rooms that I have stayed in are comfortable and each has its own charm. I particularly like the non big hotel feel of them. The breakfast is great, though I do think a little earlier start would be helpful. But there is a Starbucks a short walk away!The location is superb.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Every thing was so lovely. I read the reviews before I made reservations and everyone said such nice things about the Huntting Inn that I was looking forward to my weekend stay. The house was built in the 1600's so the old world charm was deep rooted. I booked a queen room but when I arrived they upgraded my husband and I to a king. Yes, it was the king that had two twin beds put together but you couldn't even tell. The bed was so fluffy soft that you could not feel the seam. The pillows were a bit hard for my liking because I like feather pillows and they had foam. Dinner at the Palm was exactly what I expected being that I have been to other locations and love it every time. The bar closed at 11pm but I guess being that it is off season they close early. I would absolutely recommend a stay here.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was my first visit o the USA and to the Hamptons. The Jitney from Queens Airport Connection stops outside the Huntting Inn. This is most convenient. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I booked into the Queen room which was comfortable and warm. All the shops in East Hampton Village were easily accessible. The Continental breakfast had a lot of choice. The area is safe and I felt secure. My only complaint was that I a desk should be placed in the room to make it easy to read and write, especially, if one is there for business. I will definitely be going back to the Huntting Inn next year.

SFL

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road are noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Savanna F
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We recently stayed at the Hunting Inn. What a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the charming town of East Hampton. Not only is the inn charming but the extra bonus of the Palm Restaurant is a big bonus. We had a lovely dinner one night and then enjoyed their bar menu by the warmth of the fireplace. The bartender Michael as well as Raphael made this the highlight of our stay. All of the restaurant staff are remarkably friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend the Hunting Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I just returned from spending 2 nights at The Huntting Inn. The location is great. Right at the edge of the beautiful village of Easthampton. Carole and Robyn are delightful and very willing to do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable. Breakfast is fresh and served in a pretty room. However, the first morning we came downstairs for breakfast, the room was really cold. The heat wasn't turned on until one of the housekeepers came in and said something to whomever was at the front desk. Our room was disappointing. We had a second floor king that I thought rather small considering the price point. However bed was extremely comfortable. Their website advertises that the Inn has wi-fi throughout but if you're on the second floor, forgetaboutit!
This was a problem for me as I was in the middle of a deal negotiation and instead of being able to use my iPad, had to do everything on my cell. Overall, the Inn needs more TLC than Carole and Robyn can provide. i.e. There is a beautiful fireplace in the sitting room outside the breakfast room that needs maintenance in order for them to be able to light a fire. There's no excuse for the fireplace to be in disrepair. This is an Inn and fireplaces should work. It certainly would have made a difference in the temperature of the breakfast room and overall would make for a more inviting ambience. Long story short...we were very disappointed.

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter but wifi only works on first floor. Since Inn is attached to The Palm Restau...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple