“Impeccable. The best place to stay in North Fork.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Marion
The Coffey House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 East Marion B&B and Inns
Dulles, Va
“Impeccable. The best place to stay in North Fork.”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My wife and I cannot speak highly enough of our stay at the Coffee House Bed and Breakfast. There was not a single flaw. The suite was beautiful, spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated, and offered great views of the perfectly manicured yard. Our stay was comfortable and homey and completely un-intruded upon. The Coffey's were amazing hosts and cooked a delicious three course breakfast. One couldn't ask for friendlier people or a better B&B experience. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: The traditional rooms are nice, but the suites are worth the price increase.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Connecticut Yankee
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The Coffey Bed and Breakfast in East Marion, New York, on the North Fork of Long Island, is everything you want a B&B to be, from the wide welcome of the front porch to the bright and beautiful interior. My boyfriend and I spent this past weekend as guests of Rick and Ellie Coffey, and you could not ask for nicer or more gracious hosts. The Coffey’s local knowledge and eagerness to share their obvious love for this beautiful part of New York resulted in our having one of the best weekends I can remember.

The B&B, a lovingly renovated 19th century farmhouse, is gorgeous and luxurious but retains a sunny hominess that immediately put us at ease and made us feel at home. Rick and Ellie were so warm and welcoming that we felt like family.

The B&B is located on Main Road in East Marion, only a mile outside the North Fork seaside village of Greenport. Greenport is a delight of artisan shops and restaurants, quaint enough to rival anything you’ll find in New England while retaining the authenticity of its sea-faring past. Also nearby the Coffey B&B are more than two dozen wineries, featuring a wide variety of Long-Island-produced wines. From the delicious champagne we had at Sparkling Pointe winery to the amazing Greek fare served at the Hellenic Snack Bar and Restaurant, right next door to the Coffey B&B, we were in gastronomic heaven. Not least was the phenomenal breakfast served up by Rick and Ellie: homemade waffles, bacon, fresh fruit and yogurt, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and homemade pumpkin bread that kept us fortified throughout our explorations!

We had a wonderful time at the beautiful Coffey B&B. I enthusiastically recommend staying here--you are in for such a treat!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
East Islip, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I decided to plan a weekend getaway for my husband and I out on the North Fork of Long Island. Initially, I looked in Greenport but found that almost everything was booked for the only weekend that we had availability to go. After perusing Trip Advisor and then checking out their website, I gave The Coffey House B&B in East Marion, NY a call. I am so glad I did! I spoke with Ellie Coffey on the phone and was able to immediately book our reservation. I opted to go for their suite, which included a large room with a queen bed, fireplace, and large bathroom with a shower and soaking tub. Since this was actually a surprise getaway for my husband (we have 5 children and really needed a break), I wanted it to be very special. And it was!

Within a day of booking our room, Ellie sent out several brochures on North Fork activites and wineries via Priority Mail. She also emailed me a listing of local restaurants and offered to make reservations if I so desired. It's this attention to detail and the personalization of our stay that really impressed me, even before we arrived!

From the moment we stepped foot into The Coffey House B&B on Friday evening, it was as if we were one of the family. We were given a quick tour of the beautfully restored colonial, and then left to relax and make plans for dinner. The suite was comfy, spacious and luxurious! A complimentary bottle of wine, wine glasses and a bucket of ice were such a thoughtful touch that we truly enjoyed! The bed linens and towels were of superior quality and decadent to the touch! The bed itself was delightful and ensured that we received two quality nights sleep. It was clear that Rick and Ellie really took their time to select and offer the best for their guests. The soaking tub was such a relaxing feature of the suite, which I highly recommend others to enjoy! And of course, nothing is more romantic than enjoying a glass of wine with the one you love in front of the fireplace... even in the middle of summer! The central air conditioning made sure that we were always comfortable!

We were offered several suggestions for possible dining alternatives, and they had many menus on hand so that we could check out the food and prices before we made our decision. We thoroughly enjoyed our first night taking in the sights of Greenport (about 3 minutes down the road from the B&B) after we enjoyed a dinner overlooking the water in Orient Point. Upon returning to The Coffey House, my husband and I decided to shoot some pool in the B&B's rec room. We really enjoyed ourselves even though I should have won all 3 games! ;o)

The next morning, we dined on a fantastic breakfast of homemade chocolate croissants, fruit, quiche and sausage, along with delicious coffee. The other couple who we also staying over were a pleasure to talk with during breakfast. After a day of sightseeing, we decided to relax on the back deck with some wine while taking in beautiful sight of the 2 acres of land that the B&B sits on. Fortunately for us, there were still some of Ellie's yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies and biscotti for us to munch on. Luckily, Rick and Ellie had time to sit down and talk with us about how the B&B became what it is today. They even shared pictures of the renovations so we saw first hand all of the blood, sweat and tears they put into their home.

The next morning, we were again met by a scrumptious breakfast of homemade banana bread, waffles, granola with yogurt and fruit, along with delicious freshly squeezed orange juice and coffee. It was another wonderful meal prepared with love by a fantastic couple who clearly enjoy being hosts. My husband and I were so sad to leave The Coffey House B&B and cannot wait to return to spend another relaxing weekend with Rick and Ellie!

I have already told many family and friends of the wonderful gem that sits out on the North Fork of Long Island- The Coffey House B&B. From the warm but unobtrusive personalities of the hosts, to the attention to detail and personalization for every guest, to the wonderful breakfasts and treats that Ellie whips up in her fabulous kitchen, you cannot go wrong spending a weekend with the Coffeys. After traveling around Ireland and spending several weeks in many B&Bs, I can say with authority, this bed and breakfast is the best that I have ever experienced... and I am sure it will be for you too! Give the Coffeys a call, but save some cookies for me!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gabrielle N
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2010

This B&B surpassed my every expectation! As soon as we walked in the front door, we were greeted warmly and told we were upgraded to the Luxury Suite. The room was large yet cozy (fireplace and bathtub), spectacularly clean (i hate bugs), and everything was of high quality (loooved the bed). The breakfast was also amazing (banana bread, strawberries/yogurt/granola, 4 cheese and asparagus souffle with sausage, fresh OJ, coffee, tea!! Stuffed, well-rested, and happy. Would definitely go back and recommend to other (couples).

Close 5-7 minute drive to the cute Greenport area to walk around, shop, etc. Only slightly further to wineries and close to Orient and state park if you drive in the other direction.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NYCityGirl13
Cutchogue
Reviewed 29 May 2010

I attended a weekend writer's retreat at the Coffey House and it felt warmer than home. The hospitality, amenities, spaciousness, and quality were unsurpassed. Cannot wait for our many return visits!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank HellenicII
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This is by far the best B&B in the tri-state area. The rooms are spacious and elegant yet homey. The host and hostess are affable snd welcoming. The breakfast is a slice of heavan. There is no reason to stay elsewhere in NY.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank triciawhite
New York
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I'm not sure why The Coffey House isn't rate number one in the list of B&B's in East Marion but it should be and, I suspect, will be, once word gets around. The Coffeys have made this their life's work and it shows in the attention to every detail. They even have their own brand of coffee (pun not intended). Much better than staying in Greenport, which is nonetheless a very easy drive away, or too far out on the peninsula. I'm sure by now Ellie's garden is coming very much into its own. Her breakfasts already have!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Orient
Fordham House
Fordham House
#1 of 10 in Greenport

Been to The Coffey House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!