“Excellent experience!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Marion
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great rooms, well equiped, quiet, clean, and comfortable. Our stay was fantastic. Everything we needed was there. The wooden ceiling beams were beautiful and unexpected! Just a terrific place to stay and get to know a winery or two. The staff was very friendly. The location is perfect for those of us looking for a quick getaway in New York. The bike routes are excellent. The beaches are close by. The pick-your-own strawberry fields are a short distance away as are the many wineries. There is also a pick-your-own lavender field next door. Erick's, nearby, is the perfect place for breakfast and/or lunch. We will absolutely return to The Blue Inn in a couple of months!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ana07601
theblueinn, Manager at The Blue Inn At North Fork, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for following up with such a delightful recommendation afterward! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed every part of your visit so much. We can't wait to have you back!

Mary, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We discovered this place through a Travelzoo. promotion. Thought it was very clean and quiet with a nice pool and well kept grounds. The big bonus is that its next to the Lavender fields with a great gift shop. Centrally located to Greenport or Mattituck. We brought our bikes and rode to Orient Point, beautiful. The restaurant on site was closed till July for some reason and there's no continental breakfast during the week, but we had no problem finding great restaurants and the Fork and Anchor deli up the road has the absolute best egg sandwiches we ever had! They were $7.00 each but now I know what one tastes like using local eggs, bread etc., what a difference!
Very friendly staff at Blue Inn, we will definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie B
theblueinn, Manager at The Blue Inn At North Fork, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
We can't wait to have you back, Jackie! Thanks so much for taking to TripAdvisor to spread the word about The Blue Inn. I'm sure other reviewers will appreciate your attention to detail just as much as I do!

Huntington, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Brought 2 little girls and myself for a day getaway. The girls stayed in the pool (which was very clean) almost half the day. They had a cute hammock that they played on as well. The staff here (the lovely Mary) was SUPER accommodating and friendly. The rooms had everything and more that was needed. I think they should advertise more about the kitchen having pots, pans, dishes and flatware. If I knew this I would have skipped the horrendous meal at the Greek Restaurant up the block. (Hellcinic, terrible food and too pricey) and just cooked in the room. The view of the lavender farm is really pleasant and I left my windows open so I could smell the lavender. This inn is in a great location so you are just minutes away from Greenport and the beaches/farms. The girls had so much fun that they said they want to come back here instead of Hershey. It must be good. Thanks for a great stay we had a blast. They only downside is there is no place on premises to order a meal or get a quick cup of coffee.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gringo6305
theblueinn, Manager at The Blue Inn At North Fork, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thanks for spending the day with us! Although I'm sorry we didn't do more to let you know about our in-room cookware, I'm happy to hear you think that's an advantage of staying with us. We'd love to have you and the girls back again soon!

Safe travels,
Mary
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The good ... the room was clean, the tub a jetted soaker, there was a kitchenette, and the toiletries were the most inclusive that I have seen in a long time. The odd ... the package for our room included a bottle of wine, and although the Inn is along the North Fork Wine Loop the wine was from California ... such a missed opportunity. I wish that some sort of breakfast was available, but it was not. If you are staying here, bring along makings for breakfast (the kitchenette was also well stocked with spoons, plates, pans). One more complaint, the sink vanity was so small as to be useless; we chose to use the kitchen sink to brush our teeth.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
theblueinn, Manager at The Blue Inn At North Fork, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thanks for following up with us after your stay! Although I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed that we don't provide breakfast, I appreciate you mentioning that our kitchen is stocked with cookware. As for the wine, you're right: Showcasing a North Fork bottle is not only a great idea, but it's a great way for us to support our fellow local businesses. We'll be sure to keep that in mind!

Thanks again,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This property was good for our needs. It was clean and conviently located. The proce was right however I thought the $40 per night for a small dog that was never there was very steep for this property. I understand a one time $40 fee but for each night is a little much, especially since the owner has a dog. During the summer out there though it is the only money these properties make and everyone was very nice so I didnt argue. We didnt BBQ or use the pool, all the makings of a motel. I may stay there again, may look around to try other properties. For $200 for Memorial Day it was totally a Value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

theblueinn, Manager at The Blue Inn At North Fork, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thanks for spending Memorial Day with us! Although I'm sorry you found the pet fee a little off-putting, I hope you'll understand its purpose is to protect both our rooms and our guests' dogs. We'd love to have you back next time you need a getaway!

Safe travels,
Amityville
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at the blue inn. The staff was very friendly, rooms were very clean. But I have to stay the food was out if this word. I had the mussels and they were the best by fair I have ever had. I can not wait to go back. I recommend to any one that is looking for a place to stay this summer to go check out the blue inn. If not at least stop by and check out the mussels. You won't regret it.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Agandt
Thanks for this and all future recommendations! You have no idea how delighted I was to read how much you love our mussels. We can't wait to have you back!

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed at The Blue Inn a few times in the past few years for weekend get-aways to enjoy the nature and beauty of the North Fork. The highlight for us is that it is dog-friendly and has a well-kept grass dog run on the property. The staff has always been super friendly and the location makes it ideal for biking out to Orient Point. We also enjoy the picnic tables that allow for outdoor breakfasts and wine and cheese snacking. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

theblueinn, Manager at The Blue Inn At North Fork, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
And we can't wait to have you back! Thanks for taking to TripAdvisor to spread the word about us. Other reviewers undoubtedly will appreciate you mentioning our pet policies and amenities as much as I do!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Marion
#2 of 3 in Southold
The Pridwin Hotel
The Pridwin Hotel
#2 of 5 in Shelter Island

Been to The Blue Inn At North Fork? Share your experiences!