“I heard Tony's changed hands awhile back. Not what it use to be.”

Tony's Sushi Japanese & Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
FL
“I heard Tony's changed hands awhile back. Not what it use to be.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Take Out: A quart of won-ton soup will be 2/3 broth. Just half a very small container given of soy sauce when ordering sushi. Not enough rice for two people when ordering Chinese take-out. Its cheapness like this that ruining this place. The sushi has 2 less pieces than it used to have, etc. The prices went up, but everything is going up. But I have never been to such a stingy place! Very petty for the management to make these changes.

• Visited February 2013

• Greek first
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

The food is good but the service is unfriendly and disorganized. We've dined in and also ordered take out. When dinning in we were uncomfortable with the loud music. It ruined what could have been a nice ambiance. They would not lower the music when we asked. Clearly, they place the comfort of their employees above the comfort of their customers. When ordering takeout they are in such a hurry on the phone they make mistakes. Last time we ordered out they said 15-20 minutes. I arrived in 20 minutes to a room full of people waiting for takeout. No one talked to me for 10 minutes. When I gave my phone number for the order I received a puzzled look. Turns out they had our order under a different phone number. It took 40 minutes overall. When we sat down to eat the food was lukewarm suggesting that it had been sitting for a while.

not La Romana
“I don't know what happened to them, not like it use to be.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I have been getting my sushi here for YEARS. At least twice a month for a family of 4, and always Christmas Eve. My family and I went in June, and an hour after we all were running to the bathroom. I have never had this happen before. The only thing we had in common was the spicy crunchy tuna roll. I emailed explaining what had happened and requested a call back....still waiting. This place use to be our favorite place to frequent, but after that, and the lack of customer service, it may be a looooong time till we try them again. Let me mention that my son went in with his 3 friends a few months prior, they know how to order, and always give a 20% tip BEFORE any discount, well the person who waited on them changed the tip amount and demanded more, needless to say a call was made to speak to him, he of course denied it.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank traveler4n0w
Mastic, New York
“I don't like getting sold to”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Went with my wife a few months back. I felt like we were getting processed and sold to. If it wasn't a "cocktail" it was an appetizer, if it wasn't an appetizer, it was something else. I felt like they were just trying to make money. The food was decent though.

Moriches, New York
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Ordered sake, edamame, sashimi. Also ordered takeout of shrimp tempura roll to take home to my daughter. Sake was great as was edamame. 45 mintues later - waiting on rest of order..... ended up asking for it to go and when I got home, didn't have shrimp tempura roll. Disappointed with service tonight. Food is good -please improve service!

• Visited March 2012