“We are regulars”

Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
East Moriches, New York
“We are regulars”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Tony's is the only sushi joint in East Moriches and luckily its good. We have yet to try the hibachi grill which is new but the entire place looks great now after the reno. Before...not so much. The prices are average but if you drink sake with your sushi, I'd make sure your credit card has room. The "large" sake (not so large) is 12 bucks. Its not too hard to drink 50 bucks in cheap saki with your significant other during a meal. Other then that, I would recommend Tony's to anyone.

• Greek first
new york
“First time at Tony's”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The food was cooked very well. I had scallops and shrimp dish. The scallops were perfectly cooked. I felt the dish could have had more flavor, I could be wrong. There prices are high for East Moriches area. And defiantly a languish problem with the staff. Had one of the worst margarita in a long time. I would definitely give it another try.

Center Moriches, New York
“Mixed Review”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We hadn't had Asian food for a while so we decided to come here for Valentine's Day. We had been to one of Tony's restaurants before but never to this one. After experiencing it we're not sure we will be back. The restaurant was decorated in red heart-shaped lights and the hostess sat us promptly. Someone put noodles and duck sauce on our table and the waitress took our order in a timely fashion. The noodles and sauce were the same we had eaten in just about every other Asian restaurant. The menu is very large with Thai, Chinese and Japanese selections. They also have a section with hibachi tables. My wife ordered tea and I asked for plum wine. The wine was good but the tea was cold. She asked for another cup and it was only luke warm. Miso soup was included with my meal but it was only so-so. My wife ordered an egg roll and I had spring rolls. The egg roll was again the same as we had in other restaurants. One of my spring rolls was warm and the other was cold. I ate them anyway. My wife then had crispy duck Hong Kong style. She said the taste was good but the duck was cold. In addition, the duck was not crispy. I had chicken tempura and it, too, was good, but cold. We sent both back. Our belief was that the waitress let the dishes stand in the kitchen too long before bringing them to us. In any event, cold food kind of ruins the experience, even if they reheat it. A very disappointing experience.

Long Island, New York
“GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I found the food to be excellent in quality but some of the wait staff was unfriendly possibly due to a language barrier . The Neptune's basket is very tasty full of shrimp, scallops,crab meat and lobster combined with Chinese vegetables served in an edible basket. YUM!

• Visited June 2013
FL
“I heard Tony's changed hands awhile back. Not what it use to be.”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Take Out: A quart of won-ton soup will be 2/3 broth. Just half a very small container given of soy sauce when ordering sushi. Not enough rice for two people when ordering Chinese take-out. Its cheapness like this that ruining this place. The sushi has 2 less pieces than it used to have, etc. The prices went up, but everything is going up. But I have never been to such a stingy place! Very petty for the management to make these changes.

• Visited February 2013