“Great deal”
Review of East Norwich Inn

East Norwich Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Norwich
Reviewed 15 April 2013

After sitting in Friday traffic for 3 hours between the Verrazano Bridge and East Norwich (with no way to stop and pee), just about anything would have looked great. Even so, this place was a pleasant surprise. I, too, got the "bereavement rate," because I was in town for a funeral: $109 plus tax. Big clean room, notably fine sheets, idiot-proof TV, and a generous breakfast (bagels, cream cheese, pastries, etc.). Desk staff was helpful and friendly (which was good, because the automatic electronic key mechanism was very balky). What's not to like?

Some folks have complained about the age of this place. Well, it's done up in faux-Tudor style; it's supposed to look old and dark!

(My rating gave it an extra circle because I was so happy to get there and pee.)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mac6737
There are newer reviews for East Norwich Inn

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We were coming in from out of town and needed a place in a hurry to attend a funeral. My friend recommended this place down the street from the funeral home. I called and booked and was given a bereavement rate (which was totally unexpected bc their rates were already pretty good at a double room for $118 plus applicable taxes (got for $106.20 plus taxes). We were on the first floor. The heat was on in the room so it was nice and warm when we arrived on a cold rainy wintery day. The room has a coffee maker, refrig, large TV, full bath, side dressing space, desk, wifi. I have read previous reviews. For the rate, space and sufficient room, this place is a bargain. The room was clean. My companion had no complaints either. The staff printed directions for me for the destination for the funeral the next day. The continental breakfast was more than sufficient and fresh. Oatmeal, cereal, bagels, muffins, granola bars, yogurt, cottage cheese, coffee, tea, juice, milk. And there were tables to sit at. All in all, a very nice experience. I have lived in NYC and traveled a lot. I have paid over $375 a night for a room that offered way less, no breakfast, and a single bed. This is not the ritz, but it is a good place to stay for a few days and we would go back. Staff was professional and friendly. The photo of Angie Dickinson and Burt Bacharach hanging next to my table was a bonus, he used to own this inn as i have found out from reading reviews here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jean S
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I grew up in Oyster Bay and recently went back for a visit. The hotel smells of mildew and eventhough we changed rooms, the next room smelled just as bad. The sheets on the bed are horrible and of the poorest quality. The bathrooms don't look like they have been upgraded since the hotel opened in the 70's. We didn't bother with breakfast because it looked unappealling, but thankfully there is a resturant right next to the hotel where you can go for breakfast. It is just amazing that this area on Long Island doesnt appear to have a decent hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank travelcatArlington
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This olde worlde inn which used to be owned by the legendary Burt Bacharach, is unassuming but very comfortable. If you have business or pleasure in the Oyster Bay area, you could do a lot worse than staying here. The rooms are spacious and airy, if a little dark at the back of the house. The bathrooms are a little on the small side, but the service is excellent and very friendly and helpful. The rates are very reasonable and the continental breakfast is good.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jonathan I
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is a quiet, unpretentious inn with good service and amenities for a fair price. Continental breakfast is simple but you can go back for whatever you want; can also take food to your room. Small bussiness center is adequate; front desk faxed and photocopied several items for me. I was also happy with their telephone policy. all phone calls in the USA were free of charge.
Downstairs, there's a small gym with a shower.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank davidtova
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I have been living here for a yr. now, as I am in betwn. houses. I find this place to be dark & dank, I think if the owner was here it would be different, I hear he is off site. The people that run this place do not know what they are doing. I could be a great hotel for this area on the No. Shore Of LI, instead the people they have running it has made it a a low value motel. May I add, that I have flown around the wourld, & have never seen anything like this. I must add after a long time of kissing up to the front dest, cleaners, etc. just to be respected, their has been a few people that have been nice to me. It is not the FRONT DESK. 2011 TO 2012.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.It has bad karma. They also don't treat you like a guest, they treat you like y...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Rooms smelled disgusting, and almost a health hazard. Looked good on the website, but on arrival, big disappointment !

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Oheka Castle
Oheka Castle
#1 of 3 in Huntington

Been to East Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!