“Average Experience”

Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We provide authentic Indian food,free home delivery within 3 miles radius.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Visited with my partner, and friends I have to say it was an average experience. Average. Felt the staff were a bit lack lustre and the pub tired and a little gloomy... However we had a good night the food was ok and ordinary pub grub slightly overpriced but tasty.

Would I go back ? Yes Would it be my first choice ? No.

Other good places nearby that would be my first choice.

1  Thank Paul J
Richard R, Owner at The Cherry Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your review and sorry you felt the experience was just 'average.' We cost each plate of food, the ingredients and also factor preparation i.e. the chef's time to make / cook and we try to be as competitive as we can be with pricing. We also see what deals are available with our Farnham fish supplier and our butcher - Micheal Humphries - down the road. I do admit some of our meat dishes towards the top end for pub pricing, but given the quality of the meat I believe customers would pay a £1 or 2 more for quality.

In terms of the staff being lackluster I am sorry. I am taking on board and number of comments within reviews on this site and we're shortly having a staff day out both for training and 'fun' purposes.......so we'll keep working on things.

There is a lot of dining and drinking choice around the area, but I hope you'll visit us again and give us a chance to change your mind.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Although I have reviewed this excellent pub/restaurant previously on a first visit, I have become a regular visitor despite it being some distance from home it is well worth the traveling to and from.
Richard and Domine have really turned this place around. Irrespective of the frequency of your visits or whether you are a first time visitor you can be assured of a warm welcome from them and their friendly staff.
In these days of declining pubs, it has become those that offer the best of both, a friendly bar to have a casual drink an excellent food with service to equal in a very pleasant atmosphere that will survive and there is little doubt that while Richard and Domine are at the helm, the Cherry Tree will definitely be a survivor. Every time we arrive, when we leave we are already looking forward to our next visit. Thanks to you all at the Cherry Tree for always making us so welcome.

3  Thank Bob L

Thanks Bob,

We are delighted that our small pub has made it onto your 'chosen pub circuit' and thank you for the kind comments. It's been hard work in the space of just under a year, especially as it's our first pub and there's lots of competition from other really good pubs and restaurants in the area.

Look forward to seeing you again......although I must confess I've lost our bet and someone's had some of that Stones ginger wine!

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We visited for my birthday and we arrived late. Good news was the Cherry Tree were running late too. A complimentary glass of prosseco and snacks greeted us followed by good food and service. We had a great time as a family of four, hope you do too!

2  Thank Sinead H

Thank you for your comments, although a short while back!

There will be the odd occasion on very busy days when our kitchen is stretched or tables over run, so glad you enjoyed the prosecco and nibbles along with the meal.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The Cherry Tree is a simple, straightforward village pub but what sets it apart is the quality of the food and the skill used in cooking it. There is also good variety and just a little touch of originality in some of the dishes (e.g. a fish and leek pie covered in fill pastry) to keep you interested. The staff are hard working and seem genuinely pleased to be of service. Not the cheapest in the area but certainly one of the best for value. Strongly recommended.

2  Thank Dave L

Thank you for your review a short while back. Our small kitchen works hard to prepare everything from fresh, so glad to see efforts are noticed.

Our menu and specials continually, and seasonally change and we'd be delighted to host you again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I visited the cherry tree with my parents with the view of having a traditional Sunday roast. After looking through trip advisor I had high hopes and I am very pleased to say that the meal, service, value and overall experience exceeded my already high expectations. My parents and I enjoyed every mouthful and when we asked for extra veg and gravy they were provided quickly with no hesitation. Every bit of veg was piping hot and the meat melted in your mouth- could not fault it with the exception of the fact that it had to end. I am a fussy eater but would recommend this pub to anyone and everyone. An experience not to be missed. We have booked again for 3 weeks time and I cannot wait.

2  Thank trebs87

Dear Sam,

Many thanks for your review and delighted you and the whole family enjoyed your Sunday lunch.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.