“Quality food and warm welcome” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Cherry Tree
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Rowledge
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Indian
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
London, United Kingdom
“Quality food and warm welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a lazy Saturday afternoon enjoying lunch here. We were made very welcome and enjoyed great food with good ingredients. Relaxed on the sofas for desert and had a very pleasant afternoon.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Caroline R

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Exceeded all expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I chose this pub having read reviews on Trip Advisor that were very complimentary about the food, and also because it was dog friendly and near the main road I was going to be travelling along; having left the main road it was about a 10-minute drive along winding roads but the SatNav located it without problem.

Five of us went for Saturday lunch having not booked. In the end we didn't take the dog due to the hot weather.The staff are fantastically friendly; I didn't get the lady's name but she was very helpful and friendly, and he apparently is a former Surrey County cricketer. This went down well with my brothers 2 boys who ate inside watching the Test match on the large plasma courtesy of the pub's Sky hook-up). The rest of us enjoyed eating in the sun outside.

There was a good variety of dishes on the menu; I can't comment about the Veggie options as that doesn't apply to any of us, but we all thoroughly enjoyed the meals. Personally I'd recommend the burger & chips which was about £12 including a couple of extras; there are burgers and there are burgers; this was definitely home made and without doubt the most succulent and flavoursome burger I've ever had in a pub, way better than the 'gourmet burgers' served in the big pub chains.

The pub has a lovely character and atmosphere; my brother noticed the open fireplaces and original sash windows. There's no doubt at all we'll be using it again as a half-way meeting point

Summary: great pub, brilliant service, awesome food & good value.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Al C
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Dog Friendly Pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I expected a quiet Tuesday lunchtime for a small village pub....but they were busy! My dog was no problem...they have a small dog themselves who wasn't phased at all by a visiting hound!!
The Pimms was perfect...and the food was a very high standard.....be happy to have this pub as my local!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Ginny B
Cowplain, United Kingdom
“With all the trimmings...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Visited tonight for the first time, seven in our party with two under 10yrs, they, as did we, were made to feel very welcome by hosts and staff alike who couldn't do more to make our stay most enjoyable. The garden activities a treat, good quality meal - I recommend the burger with relish but the duck looked good too! A wonderful village pub that goes the extra mile. Good to see local food on offer, a good fair value wine list to choose from, ample parking, baby changing facilities. Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Pullingers
Surrey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Day out with the wife.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

New to tripadvisor, so bare with me. Went to this pub for a subday lunch. Ordered lunch and it arrived promptly, and the roast wad perfect, you can tell it was all freshly prepared, would 100% recommend and I will be back!! Staff were also very helpful.

• Visited June 2014