“Worst treatment I have received in a restaurnat in my life.”

Sakura House Incorporated
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in East Quogue
Hampton Bays, New York
“Worst treatment I have received in a restaurnat in my life.”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I can't say anything about the quality of the food. I walked to see the place so I could take my wife at night, I wanted to see the insided, get a feeling and ask if the sushi master was japanese. Well I was told not to talk to the personnel, not to ask question, not to interrupt them. They were bussy - like at any other restaurant but very - the cook, shushi master or owner, could of politely just given me a short response. He just said "not to come and talk". Well.... I will certainly not go there to talk nor to eat. The place was small, like a ordinary chinese carry-out restaurant. In essence, I did not like the ordinary environment, and absolutely not the customer service. PS. I am a soldier... and I was uniformed.... never, I've seen this treatment to a military service member.

Sincerely
R. B

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Rob B

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great shushi”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Best sushi in the Hamptons' service is a little slow but it is worth waiting for.

1 Thank Jog526
Long Island, NY
“Quaint, yet delicious.”
Reviewed 28 November 2009

Don't let this small, white-wash walls, simple restaurant-environment fool you-this place has sushi that can compete with the more fancier japanese restaurants on the island. It's also perfect place for anyone trying to escape the insanity of the hamptons with your sushi-cravings. This is a traditional japanese restaurant-so expect some looks if you want to eat your food with a fork. (tsk, tsk, tsk.....)

You can feel the homely-ness of the workers here. Usually, this small establishment has very few customers, so expect fast service.

Only problem, is if they are busy and/or have a lot of deliveries, you may want to come back another day. I went with a group of friends, (oddly on a Thursday night,) the place was swamped and full of deliveries, it took an hour for just for them to start making our order.

Every meal comes with a complementary platter of edamames and a glass of water. The prices are more than reasonable, with well-made, delicious fresh sushi. Everything from eel to rainbow rolls, crabsticks to a delicious miso soup, you'll find everything for everyone's japanese-food tastes.

My favorite-the smoked salmon sushi. I surprisingly have trouble finding this on other restaurant's menus', but I'm sure I could special order it.

This restaurant was the first japanese restaurant I've ever been to, which my friend took me to. This is where I learned to fall in love with sushi, and this place will always have a special place in my heart.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Ken"s sushi is by far the best west of the canal. Fair pricing and have brought platters to parties instead of...”
Reviewed 22 February 2008

Ken"s sushi is by far the best west of the canal. Fair pricing and have brought platters to parties instead of booze, always a big hit. Favorite - Spicy Crunch Tuna Roll.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook