This was a resort we chose for a short holiday in the Maldives but it did not disappoint.
Kurumba is a 15 minute ride on the resort owned yacht-cruiser from Male Airport., so you can be transported immediately at any time of the day upon your arrival.
This was the first resort that opened in the Maldives & it has a lot of history. For a 40 year old resort, it is very well maintained. Although the interiors of some areas of the resort and the room (dressing area) are quite dated, The rooms, indoor & outdoor bathrooms are basic but kept clean. The beds were comfortable.
The deluxe bungalow had complete facilities that one would need ( flat screen, wifi, tea/coffee facilities) with a turn down service at night. The staff are friendly, courteous , happy to assist guests & very efficient.
Breakfast was served buffet style with a lot of choices. There are several restaurant choices in the island & don't forget to make reservations in the specialty restaurants for dinner.
The house reef was excellent all around the island, this was another reason we chose this resort considering that it was close to the city of Male. A truly Maldivian resort. It was so worth it.
We hope to be back for a longer stay in the Maldives!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kurumba is Maldives' very first resort. Located just 10-minutes from the airport with luxury speedboat transfers available 24 hours a day. Explore our vibrant house reef. Relaxing on the white sandy beach. Swimming in our protected crystal clear lagoon. Treat yourself to an exquisite Maldivian spa treatment. Be energized with the daily scheduled activities, watersports, excursions or scuba diving. Be inspired by the Maldives culture, local food, art and dance. Nine styles of accommodation are spread amongst the island's lush tropical gardens. Eight restaurants, three bars, Maldives best nightly entertainment scene, Kurumba is a perfect holiday destination. Kurumba is the Maldives in Full Colour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kurumba Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kurumba Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Maldives North Male Atoll
- Kurumba Hotel