“pure paradise”
Review of Kurumba Maldives

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vihamanafushi
Reviewed 5 May 2014

i've been traveling alot around the world but our stay at Kurumba maldives has been realy something else - an unbelieveable expirience
this place is perfect from the moment we arrived at the airport we felt as if we've gone to heaven.
the service and kindness of the staff (especialy Neffile and Hussin) is incredible.
the qulity and maintenance of the place is amazing, the food is delicious,
the spa is great, the rooms are beautiful very big and comfertable with free wifi
and of course the view and the place is just one of the most amazing places ive ever seen !!!

Room Tip: deluxe room (206) - very big and comfortable two steps from the beach
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaerez
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Shaerez,

It is an honour to receive such a nice review from the well experienced traveler. I am sure your words will be cherished by all Kurumba’s family, but especially by Nafeel and Hussain.

Living in paradise I certainly understand your comments about amazing views – it is impossible ever get tired of those. It is a piece of heaven on the earth and I hope you will get another chance to visit it again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went there to celebrate my birthday & 3rd year wedding anniversary. My 3-days stay was wonderful! Got greeted by their friendly staffs and welcomed us with coconut ice cream. The breakfast, lunch & dinner there was great, and not to mention, the little touches they did to our room. All of them were friendly and helpful, which made my stay really memorable. In between our trips, we went for their excursions - Glass Boat Bottom and Sunset & Dolphin Discovery Cruise. It was fun-filled! Everything was perfect, nothing for me to complain about! Anyone going to Maldives reading this, I strongly recommend Kurumba Maldives. You will not regret!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grace_yoong

Dear Grace,

Thank you for a review which brought a smile on my face. Simple and kind – just a perfect combination. I am glad you had memorable stay in our resort and I am impressed how many activates you managed to try during these three days – looks like busy fun-filled holiday! However I am sure you also had enough time for relaxation. Maldives is the best destination for that.

I hope you are having great time in Singapore and planning your next trip to paradise island already as we all will be happy to see you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at Kurumba for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon in March (the last 4 nights were at Lily Beach). This was our first trip to the Maldives. Kurumba wasn't even on the list of resorts we were considering at first since it doesn't have overwater villas ... something we were set on experiencing. However, the only flight that worked with our schedule landed in Male at 9:20 pm so we weren't going to be able to fly directly to Lily Beach since it requires a sea plane transfer (they don't fly at night). We didn't like the idea of spending the first night of our honeymoon at a hotel in Male so we started looking for resorts we could get to via speedboat. We did a bunch of research, read countless reviews and finally decided to stay 2 nights at Kurumba. Are we happy with our decision? Absolutely!

From when we landed in Male to when we had our feet in the sand at our Beachfront Deluxe Bungalow was less than an hour. It is so convenient. We arrived at night so we didn't get our first glance of the view until the next morning. Waking up and seeing that view ... wow! Breathtaking! The room was outstanding as well. Exceptionally clean, great layout, very comfortable bed, huge bathroom with big soaking tub and both an indoor and outdoor shower (so fun). Note the bathroom is open to the outside and not air conditioned ... it didn't bother us much but it's something to keep in mind. Also, you will see and hear some planes, there's quite a bit of boat traffic and you can see Male from certain parts of the island. We were worried it would take away from the whole private island experience but it really didn't. I guess it's easy to overlook things when you are in paradise!

The food was good and we loved that we were able to eat breakfast at Ocean Grill since we were staying in a Beachfront Deluxe Bungalow. We liked it much better than the buffet at Vihamana. Both the tiny Sand Bar and the much larger Beach Bar are great. The attention to detail is easy to see and the common areas of the resort are kept in pristine condition. The architectural design of the registration/welcome area, bars and restaurants is stunning. We thoroughly enjoyed our brief time at Kurumba and look forward to returning one day for a much longer stay!

Tip: If you are thinking about staying somewhere that requires a sea plane ride ... don't do it! It's not worth it. Sure, some of the views from the sea plane are nice but you're basically sitting in a tiny sauna with 15 strangers. Also, the limited operating hours can make for some long, unpleasant waits at the Male airport. Getting to the airport at 5:30 pm for an 11:30 pm departure is not a good way to end your honeymoon! We are definitely staying within a speedboat ride of Male the next time we return to the Maldives, possibly at Kurumba.

Room Tip: The Beachfront Deluxe Bungalows by the Sand Bar are in a perfect location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jake B

Dear Jake B,

Thank you for your review and it seems you had great time! It is a pity you stayed just a couple of nights with us – so we did not get a chance to show you even more of service and care. Hopefully next time we will get this chance and definitely it is a good news you consider about a possibility of returning to Kurumba. We will be happy to tell you “Welcome back”.

I hope the rest of your honeymoon in Lily Beach was great and you had a safe trip to Orlando.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was truly impressed by Kurumba resort in general right after we stepped on the resort island. Vanda welcomed us as if we are close friends or family members, not normal guests, which left me a lasting impression. How useful and hospitable she was!

Although we've not finished our holiday here, I could not help but write this review immediately.

Everything by far has been just perfect. While waiting for check-in, we got a cup coconut ice-cream each. What a nice ice cream! Upon check-in, which took only a few minutes, Vanda showed us around the resort, a completely secluded island with serene beautiful landscape, pristine beach, lush vegetation gardens surrounding. I could feel the fresh air and breeze blowing from the ocean at every corner of this little beautiful island.

My room was a deluxe pool villa, which is a fantastic choice for a relaxing holiday. The private outdoor pool provided with jacuzzi is large enough for a person or two to swim or just relax. There is also an outdoor bathroom, which is great.

The room, including a living room and a bedroom connected with each other, but we can separate the two rooms by sliding the wooden door artfully designed in the room. The bathroom is large enough for us to dance within it as Vanda was making a joke to us. Yes, it is huge. I love it.

The breakfast is also excellent with substantial choices of dishes.

But what impressed me most is the service at Kurumba. The resort staff seem to wait to smile with us as we walked along the beach or wandering on the island. They really know how to make guests pleased and feel at home. Of course, they have been trained to do so, but I feel what they have done for us is from their hearts. I've been traveling to many countries around the world and stayed at many five-star hotels and resorts. But I find the experiences at Kurumba is just more than worthwhile. We still get a few other days to stay here but I am sure this would be the best resorts I have ever stayed. I would definitely recommend it to everybody who looks for a relaxing escape and a meaningful holiday at a reasonably-priced resort with beautiful landscape, secluded environment, attentive service.

If I return to Maldives, Kurumba is first choice. Thank you Vanda and many other staff that I did not pay attention to their names. All of you contributed greatly to my perfect holiday while we are on Kurumba Maldives.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bo X

Dear xuanhiep,

This is an fantastic review! I cannot stop rereading it as it is really delighting the eye. Beautiful words of appreciation – when we get those, we know we are on the right way to guests’ hearts.

Thanks for mentioning Vanda in your comments. I am sure your words mean a lot for her and will inspire her for new achievements. She also mentioned to me that it was a pleasure to greet you on our island and as well that you and your friend are very nice fellows. It is a pity we did not manage to have a quick chat in person, but hopefully next time we will. I am happy to know your vacation went perfectly well and be sure it is will be such every time when you are in Kurumba. I have no doubts our team members will take care of it as hospitality goes from the bottom of their hearts.

We all are sending sunny regarding from Kurumba Maldives to Vietnam and looking forward to meet you again.

Jason,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a great resort with truly 5 star facilities. We have stayed in several other 4 and 5 star resorts and their service and amenities paled in comparison to this resort. Kurumba truly has it all and even though you are essentially marooned on an island there is so much to do, you couldn't be bored. I can't fault Kurumba as a resort.

For me it was not quite the right resort as I would have preferred to be more isolated and not see container ships and hear planes so frequently. I also found the food to be extremely pricey. Sure the restaurants and bars were beautiful with great service but not memorable food. For those prices I could eat every night at Sydney's best restaurants. However, I doubt any other Maldives resorts are any cheaper.

We emailed them to update our booking and advise that it was our babymoon. We were sent a long stock standard email about how it was their policy to under promise and over deliver. I wouldn't say they over delivered either as the beach front room we were given sat further back from the beach than any other rooms and was also the only one in our area with a shared wall and interconnecting door to the neighbours (all of the other rooms were individual bungalows). On the final day we were told a late check out was not possible and in fact our room key seemed to have been deactivated from 11am, even though checkout was 12pm. In short, there was nothing special about the service.

In all Maldives was beautiful and we chose Kurumba for convenience, knowing it was close to the airport and would not provide a remote island feeling. However, once we went diving in the beautiful waters and truly started relaxing, we realised we should have ventured further afield. Like I say, the resort can't fail to please and it is only the location which was a disappointment.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Markesther
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Markesther,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and value our resort and facilites. We have been always trying to give our guests whatever they want – either relaxing and quite vacation or a busy holiday with a lot of experiences and entertiment. Who said that vacation in Maldives should be all about nothing to do?

I really appreciate your fair comments about the beauty of underwater life in the ocean - I agree it is the best of Maldives. I hope you will get a chance to enjoy it again.

Frankly speaking it is a honour for us to provide perfect service to our guests and I was disappointed to read you were not provided the best of it sometimes. I will definitely look into all your comments and do my best to spread your feedback in our team to find areas we can improve.

I am sure it is a beautiful day today in Sydney and wish you all the best.
We will be happy to welcome you again to Kurumba one day.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Muru, the Front Office Manager rightly said "the moment you deny a guest request, there you have ended their holiday".
Kurumba,with its God gifted natural beauty and scenic island shores is even more enriched with its immaculate and engaged staffs who would go out of their way to make guests feel special by all means. And this runs all through from the 20 plus year veteran Akther to the student trainee Assem who had the same spirit to engage with the guest.
Travelling with our 10 month old infant we were given both an early check-in and a late check-out which helped us keep our baby in a relaxed atmosphere.
The ambience and the view from the beach bar is amazing; not to forget the cocktail night, an opportunity to meet the hotel management team and other guests. Our superior room (room 108) opened right into the breathtaking beach which also faces the water sports centre. 'Back of the house tour' took us through a wonderful experience on how the resort functions including the staff accommodation facilities, the way the kitchen is maintained, recycling process, self produced vegetation on the island, etc...thanks to Upal and my filipino friend. Few other host who also made our stay memorable at Kurumba are Noor,Ismail, Selvi, Saeed and Hassan.
Would like to come back one day to show our son where his mum and dad took him on his first holiday. Thank you Kurumba.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Fardeen H
Jason K, General Manager at Kurumba Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Fardeen H,

You have certainly made my day and by writing this review and recognizing our team members in it. I already can imagine what a nice smile it will bring to especially Muru and as well Noor, Ismail, Selvi, Saeed, Akther, Assem, Upul and Hassan. I am delighted to read you had a wonderful stay with us. I hope your little one also had a pleasant first vacation.

We all are looking forward to greet your family again in our resort and to create one more memorable.

Best regards for Asha and little Yazaan. We miss them already.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed for 5 days on kurumba as part of holiday of a lifetime to celebrate our '25th' wedding anniversary, which also included Dubai and Kuramathi. Picked up from male in luxury speedboat and in no time arrived on fantasy island. Stayed in deluxe beach villa 175 and the position was perfect. Sun from mid morning until sunset and the sand bar was about 50yards away, easy access for cocktails in the sun. The island is quite small but everything about it is quality. Food was excellent in the main restaurant, even the champagne for breakfast. Being in a deluxe beach villa also allows you to have breakfast in the ocean grill where the presentation and attention to detail is wonderful. As it was our silver wedding, we received a complimentary candlelit meal with beautiful anniversary cake which was so memorable. We went on the sunset and dolphin watching cruise which was excellent and we were fortunate enough to see lots of dolphins playing and jumping around our boat. Snorkelling here was fantastic with lots of beautiful, colourful fish, black tip reef sharks and rays. Another world! All in all, a fantastic island, immaculate, well presented and with some of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. So sad when it was over. WONDERFUL.

Room Tip: Deluxe beach villa 175 is in perfect position for sun mid morning until sunset and 50yds to sand bar...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wendy6351

Dear wendy6351,

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. I am pleased to read you spent with us a very important date for you – your Silver anniversary. Believe me for our team it also was very important as we love to surpice and amaze. It is a honour to know you enjoyed the celebration.

I absolutely agree the location of beachfront bungalows is absolutely stunning – only one step from the ocean and just on the white powder sand. You did the right choice of the room. And of course Dolphin Discovery cruse and snorkeling safary are Maldives’ signature experiences – I am glad you tried it out.

We trust you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in Kuramathi and Dubai and had a safe trip to Preston.
Our team sends you sunny regarding from our tropical island.

Kurumba Maldives

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vihamanafushi
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Mald...
#1 of 1 in Kandoomaafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Meerufenfushi
Baros Maldives
Baros Maldives
#1 of 1 in Baros Island

Been to Kurumba Maldives? Share your experiences!